anyone had any negatives with creatine?

'93 hatch
'91 ls1 coupe
'86 yamaha razz - pink, with nitrous
'78 puch maxi-luxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 10:37 AM

Nope, been using it off and on for years now. Nothing wrong. BUT, all I can say is, whatever your water intake is in one day now, double or even triple it if you can. You need to be drinking at least 1 - 1 1/2 gallons a day, off creatine. So, if you're going to use it, 2 - 3 gallons a day. Get ready to pee a lot!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Lifer

I piss like a race horse every hour or so (even at night), but the shit works

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Hired Hand

It's good for strength and recovery, but by no means a miracle supplement. Just keep in mind that as said, you'll need to drink alot of water, and to stay away from all caffiene and alcohol, as they are diuretics and will negate any effects the creatine may have. Also keep in mind that the majority of your primary weight gain will be due to water retention in your muscle cells. Although creatine's processes do allow for a more intense workout, your true gains in lean-mass will be marginally better (moreso due to the cleaner diet and harder workouts). The initial weight you gained will subside once you cycle off the creatine as your body rids itself of the excess water, leaving you a little heavier than when first cycling on due to the increased lean mass.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 01:43 PM
P.I.M.P.

Creatine is the king of amino acid supplements. The only downfall is most people think that "If a little is good, a lot would be better," which is not the case. The only reported short term side effects of creatine use is dehydration. You shouldnt expect massive imporvements in exercise gains with the use of creatine, but the average gain in performance in all studies statistically is 10-15%. I used it for 4 months and loved it but got a lil too expensive for me.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 02:26 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

One thing of note with Creatine. You must avoid all caffeine if you take it. Caffeine can completely neutralize it's benefits. So no sodas or coffee.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 05:05 PM
IA2

I always noticed a difference at the end of my reps - I could just keep right on going when before i'd have to quit.

I got tired of being bloated, having creatine shits if I ate/drank the wrong thing, and after I had been on creatine for awhile i'd get cramps in my legs doing stuff like mowing the yard.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
oh really?

the stuff i got is a serum instead of a powder. it's supposed to eliminate the water retention and bloating. i took it tonight before i worked out and didn't notice any difference.

'93 hatch
'91 ls1 coupe
'86 yamaha razz - pink, with nitrous
'78 puch maxi-luxe
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Time Served

Creatine....

I noticed that if you take too much creatine it will give you the shits and major cramps, My advice would be to stick to the specific dosages, nothing more. I took too much and I thought I was gonna have to go to the hospital...on the other hand the shit works if you use it right!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Lifer

Thumbs up

just FYI - Albertsons has super cheap creatine.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

What kinds of creatine do all of you use? I have never used it and the only one that comes to mind is the liquid kind that you drop into your mouth. Is this good or is there some in a pill you can take?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 01:25 AM
P.I.M.P.

I used a power form and mixed it with water or grape juice on the way to the gym then bout 30-45mins later I was ready for my workout... I usually ate it with a turkey bagel or something... havent used it in over a year though
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:48 AM
My Boy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
It's good for strength and recovery, but by no means a miracle supplement. Just keep in mind that as said, you'll need to drink alot of water, and to stay away from all caffiene and alcohol, as they are diuretics and will negate any effects the creatine may have. Also keep in mind that the majority of your primary weight gain will be due to water retention in your muscle cells. Although creatine's processes do allow for a more intense workout, your true gains in lean-mass will be marginally better (moreso due to the cleaner diet and harder workouts). The initial weight you gained will subside once you cycle off the creatine as your body rids itself of the excess water, leaving you a little heavier than when first cycling on due to the increased lean mass.

So , if you loose the gains after you come off the Creatin, then why would it be better to take it in the fist place? I guess if you kepy on cycling it , that would appear to make you bigger, but if it is going to go away after I cycle off of it and the difference would only be marginal then I may wait to try it until later. I was concerned that I was really missing out on something big there. Money is kind of tight anyway right now.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
So , if you loose the gains after you come off the Creatin, then why would it be better to take it in the fist place? I guess if you kepy on cycling it , that would appear to make you bigger, but if it is going to go away after I cycle off of it and the difference would only be marginal then I may wait to try it until later. I was concerned that I was really missing out on something big there. Money is kind of tight anyway right now.
The biggest benefit to creatine is increased strength and shorter recovery periods. I take it along with glutamine to maximize my gains of solid mass during a cycle. What you lose after cycling off would be the water weight and some of the strength gains, but it's not like going back to ground zero. Creatine allows you to build a little faster than you would be able to without it. Although you experience a decrease in size after a cycle, you still end up stronger and bigger than what you would have gained without it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement