New Year, Stopped Drinking Sodas, what will I notice? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

New Year, Stopped Drinking Sodas, what will I notice?

I completely stopped drinking sodas...and I am going to try to stick to water, OJ, iced tea (at dinner only when we eat out), Fat Free Skim milk, and ONE 32oz gatorade per day.(Fierce Mango flavor, it's bad ass!)

Mostly water though. Milk will only be in the morning or evening, and OJ only in the morning...

What will I notice, if anything?

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Hired Hand

As long as you aren't making those calories up by drinking more OJ or eating, you should see a drop in bodyfat over time.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Actually,

I just started a diet (on the first as well), that is similar to what you are on...lots of tuna, chicken, and turkey. Snacking on wheat thins with salsa...

You said something in another post about sodas taking energy away...what did that mean?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 01:45 PM
BLOWNTXGT

i gave up sodas and candy/cookies and I noticed an increased craving for chips and other snacks with a lot of sodium.

for my next trick, i will attempt to give up fast food!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnQ
Actually,

I just started a diet (on the first as well), that is similar to what you are on...lots of tuna, chicken, and turkey. Snacking on wheat thins with salsa...

You said something in another post about sodas taking energy away...what did that mean?
Sodas and any other super sugary drink or food cause a spike in your insulin. Once the sugar and caffiene are processed (your sugar high), your body crashes below normal as your body tries to narmalize and restore insulin levels again. Not only that, cokes are just empty calories, simple sugars have no use in the body nutritionally. They aren't gonna cause harm or anything, but too much can possibly cause you to go diabetic, or at the very least it will be converted into bodyfat.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

I was doing good over the last week or so with following a really good diet (thanks to Aaron) with lots of cardio and also gave up drinking sodas. A death in the family threw a stick in the spokes of all that by being away from home and not having all my "stuff" readily available. Oh well, I guess I will put it off another week and start over again.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 11:19 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinH78
A death in the family threw a stick in the spokes of all that by being away from home and not having all my "stuff" readily available.
Sorry again to hear about that. You should check out the Myoplex Ready to Drink product. I've heard it's pretty good and it doesnt have to be refrigerated. Has 25g+ of protein and depending on which one you get, a decent or low amount of carbs. I'm about to give it a shot. If you wanna go that route, let me know. It's not exactly cheap, but I've found the cheapest place online for that stuff.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 04:42 PM

Depending on how many sodas you normally drink, you might get a pretty bad caffeine headache.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

what, like withdrawals?

I felt dizzy as hell the first day after I stopped drinking them...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Withdrawls

You will experience caffeine withdrawls for normally 2-3 days. I gave up caffeine due to a medical problem and suffered headaches for 3 days. I had 1 caffinated drink a month later and got another headache from the caffeine intake. I haven't touched it since and feel just fine. Stick to Sprite or other non-caffeine sodas if you get a craving, unless you are trying to cut down on carbonation as well=)
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

well...I drank a glass of iced tea last nite...

It's not really the caffeine I'm trying to stay away from, it's the sugars...

SHawn
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang_marc
Sorry again to hear about that. You should check out the Myoplex Ready to Drink product. I've heard it's pretty good and it doesnt have to be refrigerated. Has 25g+ of protein and depending on which one you get, a decent or low amount of carbs. I'm about to give it a shot. If you wanna go that route, let me know. It's not exactly cheap, but I've found the cheapest place online for that stuff.
Yeah, let me know where you get them and I will definitely check it out. I have eaten so much "shit" in the last few days I am gonna need to do something drastic to unload this gut of mine.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 09:09 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Yeah, let me know where you get them and I will definitely check it out. I have eaten so much "shit" in the last few days I am gonna need to do something drastic to unload this gut of mine.
Here's what I'm trying. It's the EAS Carb Sense Ready to Drink. If you do order from here, I searched online and found a 10% off entire order code...ENSD2 Like I said, it is a little expensive, but with the discount it comes out to less than $2 a drink, which is not bad for any kinda of meal replacement. If you get it, let me know how you like it. I'll do the same.

http://store.yahoo.com/carolinasuppl...carsenrea.html
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Patience and preparation are the key Kevin. As you've well found out, it isn't so easy to find healthy choices to eat when you aren't prepared. This last week or so being an exception due to an unforseen tragedy, you should try to plan all your meals atleast a few days in advance. If you've already got it all thought out and prepared, it's alot easier to "run watcha brung" then to try and sift through all the tempting choices at any given restaraunt for a healthy meal.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:17 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I've laid way back on the sodas (just one a day at the most) but I need to elliminate that as well. I've found myself drinking a little more coffee (black) and alot more water (with a little lemon juice).

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:30 PM

i wish i could do this but its too hard, I work at sonic and they give me free drinks and food while im working, I used to only drink soda once a day and sometimes once a week or so, now im drinking about 4 cans a day Its really bad. What do you guys do to get rid of your gut?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by 89BlueCoupe
What do you guys do to get rid of your gut?
Not eating at Sonic or drinking coke's would be a start. Watch youe saturated fats and overall calorie intake. Calories in < Calories out = fat loss, so watch what you eat and do a little cardio.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 03:32 PM

Have you guys ever heard of the video workout program thats called "Power 90" This video is really great, it has a very good cardio and weights and probably the best ab workout I've seen.

this isnt a new years resolution, but im gonna try and start not eating anything except the grilled wrap and no more cokes, just water with lemon. I really hope this works, i want to put on some more mass in my arms especially.

Last edited by 89BlueCoupe; 01-08-2003 at 03:34 PM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 04:03 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally posted by 89BlueCoupe
this isnt a new years resolution
Only because you don't want to consider yourself a failure if you can't stop eating the bad stuff. Just do it!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 08:59 PM

i just dont want to make it a resolution becuase for some reason my resolutions never work out. But im gonna really try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement