Gaining weight and toning - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Behind Blue Eyes..

Gaining weight and toning

well i weigh in bout 210 and i am tone...except for my stomach...i want to make my arms a little bigger than they are now and tone my stomach and chest big time...im mean i aint too small cuz i am actually big due to football back in highschool....Any Ideas and workouts i could do from the house? cuz i dont need to lift weights with my size already just wanting to tone....

Now getting a little more size....what kind of Eating schedule and eating items do i need to be on to gain a little size?

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:22 PM

Eat HEALTHY! I figured out the hard way that is the key to everything. It is very hard if you are in college to eat healthy. If you dont it is very hard to notice results. You will be amazed if you eat healthy how much quicker you get to your goal. Just my $.02.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Lifer

Learn how to work out correctly, Put out some money for a trainer, or work out with someone that is very experienced, that will help accelerate your results, but dont just go in there, and hurt yourself.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Hired Hand

Re: Gaining weight and toning

Quote:
Originally posted by THE_RAM
Now getting a little more size....what kind of Eating schedule and eating items do i need to be on to gain a little size?
Eat healthy and eat often with an emphasis on lean protiens like fish, chicken, tuna, turkey, and lean red-meat. Eat six smaller meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism burning and processing those healthy calories.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:08 PM

If you seriously want to shed the fat to 'tone' up then I suggest eating clean, like previously said. It would do wonders to hit the cardio hard maybe 3 times a week for about 30 minutes (Wind sprints work wonders).

Since you dont think that you need to do any wieght lifting yet you want to lose some fat I would suggest that gaining any size in the arms and chest would be almost impossible.
Most Wieght lifters have enough trouble keeping on the mass that they have gained during their last bulk when they are cutting. They usually do the cardio AND continue to lift wieghts in an attempt to retain gained hypertrophy.

Either way lifting wieghts is optimal for hypertrophy and cardio kinda works against it. So if you decide to do the cardio but leave the lifting out expect to lose your fat but some muscle mass aswell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement