I got a membership, now what? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Question I got a membership, now what?

I'm confused on how to start doing, well anything!! I don't want to just go in and start pulling muscles so do you guys know of a site I can goto to learn a excercise regime schedule to evenly work all parts of my body? I'd like to get my legs up in strength again so I can skateboard lots this summer, I'd like to ton up my chest area ( its so undefined! ) and I would also like to make my arms a bit stronger/toned.

Also, is their a way to increase my energy naturally without taking energy pills? I've been extremely tired as of late ( like the past year actually! ) and I'm thinking that has a lot to do with not giving the body enough exercise. If I start working out, will my body naturally have more energy to burn? Thanks for the tips!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 08:56 AM

Re: I got a membership, now what?

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
I'm confused on how to start doing, well anything!! I don't want to just go in and start pulling muscles so do you guys know of a site I can goto to learn a excercise regime schedule to evenly work all parts of my body? I'd like to get my legs up in strength again so I can skateboard lots this summer, I'd like to ton up my chest area ( its so undefined! ) and I would also like to make my arms a bit stronger/toned.

Also, is their a way to increase my energy naturally without taking energy pills? I've been extremely tired as of late ( like the past year actually! ) and I'm thinking that has a lot to do with not giving the body enough exercise. If I start working out, will my body naturally have more energy to burn? Thanks for the tips!
What are your goals? Trying to gain weight? Lose weight? Either way, you have to take it relatively easy for the first 2 weeks, or you could end up hurting yourself.

A good way to increase energy is to stop taking things that drain you of it, like sodas. I'm sure Got Boost? will post up some good info for you.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 09:52 AM
Hired Hand

As a bigginer, I recommend that you stay relatively light with moderate intensity and concentrate on form. Learn the basics and concentrate on proper form, don't worry about what others are doing or your ego will get you started off on the wrong foot. Do poundages that you can do with the strictest of form, as your body acclimates to to the new stresses being placed on it, you will be able to increase the weight while staying in good form. I personally did just the opposite, when I frst began working out I was too concerned with what others woud think seeing me with little weights. My form really suffered because of it, and a year or so later I finally got myself on track by learning proper form and the poundages dropped considerably, but I was actually growing faster. Stay with the basic movements and hit each podypart once or twice a week, depending on your recovery abilities.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Re: Re: I got a membership, now what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
What are your goals? Trying to gain weight? Lose weight?
Goals? I'd like to keep my weight about where it is around right now ( 190#'s ) but have more 'power' available I'd rather have agility over brute strength though, so perhaps losing weight is going to be a little bit of a goal, I dont want to be a less then 180 though. Quickness needs to be reinstalled on myself.
Quote:
A good way to increase energy is to stop taking things that drain you of it, like sodas.
I love docter pepper, I'll start drinking water more at work again and see what happends, I love a sip of dp at 10,2, and 4 though!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
**insert good info. here**
Where do I go learn about form? I wont be to embarresed if the girl next to me is pumping more iron then me as long as I am doing it right and get the gains I want!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
Where do I go learn about form?
The best and quickest way would be through the example of a seasoned friend or a trainer. Pick up any training literature you can get your hands on and read. Mags like Men's health and Muscle and Fitness usually go through a couple exercises per issue, and there are a myriad of "diet and exercise" books out there. Just be aware of how the body is "supposed" to move and go light until you are sure you are doing a specific movement correctly.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:12 PM

First Off: The majority of weight lifting magazines are trash, dont read them, dont get brain washed.

Tons of great information is at your disposal from http://www.exrx.net/ <-- One of my favorite sites
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 09:13 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar
First Off: The majority of weight lifting magazines are trash, dont read them, dont get brain washed.
There are plenty of training and nutrition tips in Men's Health and M&F, but there's plenty of hype too, but you can find that anywhere. Stay away from the majority of the supplements until you've learned enough about your body to know what is a B.S. sales pitch and which are serious products.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 04:45 PM

Thats not justification for purchasing a 4 dollar magazine, when all you get is 2 good tips and 112 pages of ads for crap. The internet and people are far better sources.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:38 PM
We lost one.....

So where did you get your membership at???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement