My physical stats 1.5 years later - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

My physical stats 1.5 years later

I started to get serious today about working out again. /sigh

I seem to start many times only to fall off the wagon due to conflicting schedules. My lack of discipline is discouraging.

So last nite, I actually got to bed by 1:00 am and got up and 9:00. I slept like shit and took forever to fall asleep, but I still managed to wake up at a decent hour without the use of an alarm clock.

I got up and weighed myself, took my Xenadrine and aspirin (eca stack), 2 glasses of water, and measured my body.

My stats this morn:
Weight: 258
Bodyfat: 25%
Lean Muscle Mass: 193.5

My stats April 24 - 2001
Weight: 234
Bodyfat: 24.3%
Lean Muscle Mass: 177.1

My stats July 2, 2001
Weight: 235.5
Bodyfat: 18.4%
Lean Muscle Mass: 192.2

I've basically gotten back to my old self before I started getting serious about weights early last year. Except, that over the course of that time, I've gained 16.4 pounds of pure muscle. Thats not fucking bad for a fat ass like myself.

However, compared to my last date of keeping track of my workouts and measurements, its a weight gain of 22.5 pounds and muscle gain of 1.3#s. Basically, I've gained 20.2 pounds of fat since that time frame. And believe me, this past year, I ate like a fucking horse. Im suprised I didnt get to 300#s. Seriously.

One thing about my past workouts is that I rarely ever touch my lower body. I think this would have greatly increased my fat loss and lean muscle mass. I will be making sure I do squats, dead lifts, some calves and hamstrings this time around. Hopefully it will accelerate the fat loss and lean muscle gain.

So today, I started a new workout.
5x5 of a weight I can finish for all 5 sets. The last set of each excercise should be a bitch if you can finish it at all. This should really help build up some strength in a relativately (sp) short time frame.

DB - Dumbbell

Today is upper body. Friday will be Back/Biceps/Traps. Sunday should be total Lower body. I'll do cardio almost every day possible except Leg day and the day after to let them rest.

My upper body routine:
Chest - DB Incline / DB Flyes / DB Flat Bench
Shoulders - Seated DB Lifts / DB Side Raises / Shoulder press
Triceps - Reverse Barbell Curl / DB Kickbacks / Cable Pulldowns

I finished the day off with 20 mins on the Reebok Fusion Cardio machine and kept my heart rate at 165 beats / minute for the entire time. OMFG that was difficult for the first 10 minutes.

Tomorrow, I will do 30 mins of cardio and some abs.

I hope by posting here, it will help make the decision to get back in shape more solidified and proof of my effort. And of course, you can just boo me or PM me and tell me that Im a big fatass if I dont keep on it.

I recommend that if you have access to MS Excel to keep a spreadsheet of your measurements. The good thing about this, is that if you keep up with it, you can compare your results over time from a glance and realize how much better or worse off you are over time, or where you need to put more effort at for better results.

Here is a small screen shot of a very simple chart that tracks my measurements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Worship me

Come on over and get you some of this leg workout I got going. I'm up to about 18 sets of shit now!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:10 PM
Hired Hand

Glad to hear you are back after it Shane. Stay motivated and the pounds will melt away. (and stay away from Hooters crawfish)

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:28 PM

what method did you use to measure your bf%?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

I let 24 Hour fitness monkeys use a digital skin fold caliper to measure the total fat on my body then work out the math to find the % of body fat. Seems pretty accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement