OK, I hurt my elbow.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

OK, I hurt my elbow....

This sucks! I was doing a bunch of pushups last night and when I went to bed there was nothing wrong, but the next morning I have this terrible pain when I try to straighten my left arm out all the way. Just before it is completely straight it almost locks up , it seems, with much pain. I can completely relax that arm and use the other hand to move it slowly past that painful part and then I can work it back and forth a little and then I can bend it almost normally, but as soon as I let it sit there for a while bent the pain will come back when straightening it again. I can feel the pain on the bottom side to the center of the joint. I read up on the Tennis Elbow description of the pain there and this doesn't seem to be consistent with that at all other than if it is "warmed up" some it is less painful.

This has been with me constantly since I woke up and it is not getting any better at all.

Tonight I worked with it a lot then , when it was almost not painful at all I went ahead with a light Bicepts and shoulder workout. IT was not painful for the most part during that. But after rest and cool down the pain was the same as before.

The wierd thing is that as long as I keep it from straightening all the way to that point it feels completely fine. But when it hits that point I will drop whatever I may be holding because the pain is so intense.

Any idea what I did?

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:03 AM
mannish boy

it'll be fine... just let it rest a little... possibly tendon, but probably just really sore!! (BTDT)

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
My Boy!

I hope you're right.

Don't need any issues at this point.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:33 AM
mannish boy

I've had that happen a few times...

lemme guess, you're right handed, right? (IE, this is on your weaker arm)

get some ultra strength Tiger Balm and keep that puppy hot. you'll be golden in a few days.

Forrest
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 10:01 AM
Lifer

I've done the same thing to both of my arms, I'm right handed and the one time that it did happen to my right elbow was during a highschool football game where I landed on it funny in a pushup position. I was just lucky that I didn't break my arm. Both times it went away in about a week, I didn't use it much until it was healed.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 11:07 AM
Hired Hand

Make sure you stay away from using that joint in the gym for a while, and give it some time to heal. If you just ignore it and go on as normal, you'll run the risk of a more severe injury, and at the very least you'll prolong your recovery time.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Lifer

I had that problem and I am still ailing it. I did not do any weight training for a month, and I have been back at the gym since the first of november, but I am unable to do triceps still due to pain. My elbow actually hurt everyday for about 2 months. It doesnt hurt doing everyday tasks now, but it will hurt if I do a direct tri movement.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPony
I had that problem and I am still ailing it. I did not do any weight training for a month, and I have been back at the gym since the first of november, but I am unable to do triceps still due to pain. My elbow actually hurt everyday for about 2 months. It doesnt hurt doing everyday tasks now, but it will hurt if I do a direct tri movement.
It all depends on the severity of the injury. A little over a year ago I pulled something in my lower back, but never went to see a doc. Here it is a year later and I'm just now getting to a point where there's only a hint of pain. If it persists see a doctor.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:07 PM
Worship me

Make sure your form is correct and also make sure you warm up.

I have had some injuries that have kept me out of the gym before and it blows. i usually take some plain old aspirin and sleep with a heating pad on the area and I am good as new in a couple of days.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

It is somewhat better today, but still painful at times. Not as unbearable as yesterday though. Maybe I'll heal up pretty quick. I remember that this morning after my hot shower it felt way better until it cooled back down. So maybe that will be the ticket. I just don't want this to turn into one of those issues that linger for years or some crap.

I still have pain from a back and neck issue I had in 1987. If I lift slightly wrong overhead I will tweak my neck for about a week or more and can not turn it much at all. ACK!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:15 PM
Worship me

i have the same shit with my lower back, if I twist and pull sideways I can screw it all up when it is week. If I throw in a few back exercises in my workout it is fine though. You have to train those muscles... a lot of people hurt themselves and just say "i've got a bad back"...unless you got a bad disc it is just muscle weakness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement