Protein drinks/shakes - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Protein drinks/shakes

What kind do you use? I keep seeing most of you talk about drinking protein shakes and it kinda got me curious to what all kinds there are. I know there is literally an endless variety of them but which do you find to be the most effective and/or have the best contents? The one I am using right now I think is made by EAS and is available in several different flavors. The only thing I don't really like about it is that shit is more like pudding than a shake which makes it kinda hard to get down right after a hard workout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:33 AM
Worship me

if it is too thick add some water man!

i use the designer protein, i think you get what you pay for when it comes to this stuff....
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
if it is too thick add some water man!

i use the designer protein, i think you get what you pay for when it comes to this stuff....
he heh.......... I already add enough water to it that it is somewhat "watered down" and it is still thick like whipped cream and tastes like shit. On top of it tasting like shit, there is twice as much to put down when you add water to get it thinned down.

Is designer protein the brand name of what you use? Where can you get it and how much is it?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:47 AM
Worship me

Yea, that is the brand name. You can get it at GNC or any of those smoothie places, it is very common.

About $12 for a 5 to 7 day supply.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Hired Hand

I use designer as well. Unless you are drinking a meal replacement with allowances for carbs (sugar), you aren't gonna find a protien shake that tastes "good". Some are more tolerable than others though.

Last edited by Big A; 12-11-2002 at 12:29 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
I use designer as well. Uless you are drinking a meal replacement with alowances for carbs (sugar), you aren't gonna find a protien shake that tastes "good". Some are more tolerable than others though.
The one I have is actually decent tasting until I thin it down enough that I can actually drink it, and then it is like drinking un-sweetened koolaide with two times the water as you are supposed to have.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:32 PM
Sir Clavin

Designer has good flavor as does NitroTech.

Does anyone know if they make Protein supplement/shakes for lactose intolerant people?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by [CS]ls1haha
Designer has good flavor as does NitroTech.

Does anyone know if they make Protein supplement/shakes for lactose intolerant people?
I think all you have to do is look for ones that don't contain the proteins from milk....I don't think a lot of them do. I make the designer stuff with water and it works great.

I am a LITTLE lactose intolerant, I never feel real good if I drink a big glass of milk, I have to watch it.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 02:46 PM
stitch

myoplex

Myoplex is a good one also.
42g of protein. not a huge supply of carbs.
and the taste is pretty good.

a 42 drink package is about 55 bux.

3 flavors. chocolate my favorite, vanilla and strawberry (hate it)

i drink it with water. (use a blender and ice)
but is better with super skim milk. have yet to try soymilk.

Just some more infor for ya.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 06:16 PM
My Boy!

I use the Optimum Nutrition brand Whey protein powder in the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. Yummy! I mix it with skim milk and that helps the taste so much that you would not believe it! I used to take it in water and have to choke it down, with thee milk I drink it like it was a damn treat or something.

I read somewhere about whey protein powder that they are all pretty close and to just find one that you seem to trust. I gues a little like creatine monohydrate. Lots of makers but it is all fairly close stuff form what I gather. Of course I could be wrong.

Drink one after your workout and then one before bet too. I have one with meals if the meals are not high enough in protein bu offer the carbs and calories that I am looking for. I packed one today and got rooked into eating at sonic for lunch - so I tried to eat fair and had the shake with it.

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 08:55 AM
MFFL!

Re: Protein drinks/shakes

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinH78
The one I am using right now I think is made by EAS and is available in several different flavors. The only thing I don't really like about it is that shit is more like pudding than a shake which makes it kinda hard to get down right after a hard workout.
I know what you mean. I've used the Myoplex Plus Deluxe before and that stuff is just too thick unless you add a ton of water...then there's just entirely too much to drink. If you're not on a strict budget, you might wanna try some of the Myoplex Ready To Drink shakes. They're a little more expensive, but supposed to be like a regular drink from what I've heard.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 01:43 PM
Lifer

I usually get a smoothie after my night workouts, and I bought a case of Isopure zero carb protien drinks. They dont taist that bad, and go down fast, plus they have 40 grams of protien per drink.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Along for the ride

Like Beej said, the Isopure stuff tastes ok IMO plus it has tonz of protein. i would always use Isopure except it gets a little pricey.

marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 07:02 PM

nutrition supplement

The Weider Mega Mass 4000 is the best tasting supplement I have ever had. It tastes like a real milkshake not like crap. Mix with milk, I like the chocolate flavor. Best supplement if you are looking to put on some pounds. It is loaded with carbs so only use it if you are working out really hard. I gained almost 20 lbs over a year with the stuff. Another great thing is it is loaded with vitamins. Don't worry it has more than enough protein in it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement