Making some progress - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
My Boy!

Making some progress

I was taking some quick measurements last night and it appears that I have gained just under an inch on my arms! WOW! I didnt' realize it at all! I did the measurements jsut before I worked out last night and I was so pumped up about it that I think that was one of the better workouts I've had so far.
Also on the weight, This morning I was at 175. Yesterday I started at 174 and last night I was at about 176 but I always go with the morning weigh-in and according to that I have gained about 5-6 lbs!
Not really fast or anything since I started in August, but the arm measurement thing I did about a month and a half ago so that seems to have come on pretty quickly. I did step up the eating more since then too!
It really doesn't seem like 4 months already. Man, time seems to have flown by!

Sorry, I got excited and had to share.

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Hired Hand

Re: Making some progress

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
Also on the weight, This morning I was at 175. Yesterday I started at 174 and last night I was at about 176 but I always go with the morning weigh-in and according to that I have gained about 5-6 lbs!
Glad to hear about your gains, but I don't recommend weighting so often. Due to natural water retention, your bodyweight will fluctuate from one day to the next, and even from morning to night without any change in body composition. Pick one day and time per week to weigh and use that to gauge progress. Trying to watch your weight daily will drive you nuts with inconsistency.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
My Boy!

I watch the fluctuation though. I like to see how much it moves around.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Worship me

My weight can fluctuate 3 or 4 lbs a day pretty regularly...

What kind of workouts are you doing Todd? If you want to gain like crazy get someone in there to spot you and get a negative on every set, you will blow up like mad!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
My weight can fluctuate 3 or 4 lbs a day pretty regularly...

What kind of workouts are you doing Todd? If you want to gain like crazy get someone in there to spot you and get a negative on every set, you will blow up like mad!
That is the crazy part! I have not joined a Gym yet - the money is jsut too tight right now. I don't have a weight set here at home for the same reason. I do have an EZ-Curl bar and 50 lbs of weight for it. I use that for curls, skull crushers, military press, bent rowing, shrugs, squats, deadlifts, calf raises, etc..., I do pushups - like 3 sets of 10 - 15 with my son on my back, I also do incline pushups and decline pushups, Dipps off the furnature and of course lots of crunches.

Even with my son who weighs 30lbs on my back I am guessing that it is only about 155lbs that I am pushing. I tried it with Andrea on my back and failed after the second pushup.

I know I'm not doing nearly the best that I could since I dont' have access to the right equipment but it's all I can do for now. I would have probably doubled my gains with otherwise. The recent loss of my job kind of put a damper on making progress in that area also.

Can't wait to be able to really make some good gains though!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 01:42 PM
Lifer

ya, I hate that shit. Since I started dieting I have droped aproximatly 5 pounds in about 3 weeks, and it is funny. I will get on the scale in the morning after cardio, and before I eat breakfast, and it will say 194. I will drink shit loads of water during the day, and go do weights at 8 at night, after dinner, and it will say 199-201. Gotta love that shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement