Losing weight - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Warden

Post Losing weight

I am turning into a big tub of goo and I want to stop it. I know changing my diet is alot of it, but I was wondering what the best exercise is to get rid of a gut. Do any of the supplements you guys talk about actually help to do this?

I am trying to find a treadmill because I dont mind running, but not when its 100 outside. Will this work or is there a better solution.

thanks
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 06:18 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Cut down on the carbs for dinner....and do cardio when you wake up before you eat
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 09:30 PM
IA2

Chris - join a gym and then go. You need some
cardio (ie: bike, treadmill) and you also
need some weights. Once you build some
muscle and continue your cardio your body
will begin to burn fat.

You'll notice this because you'll be
friggin hungry all of the time.

This is where diet comes in. There is a lot
of info out there about different kinds of
diets and MRPs. You'll have to experiment
and find out what works for you.

You might consider working with a trainer for
a few weeks to help you set up your routine.
Money well spent.

There is a new 24 hour fitness relatively
close to your casa @ white ave and 75.

Let us know what you decide.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 01:44 AM
Small Fry

Arrow

Take Body Solutions like every DJ in Dallas is taking. I bet their all full of shit!

------------------
Slo-Tech Racing

Signature courtesy of My-Self
1993 5.0 Coupe
2.5" Cowl Hood, FMS 9mm spark plug wires, Steeda adjustable fuel pressure regulator, MAC underdrive pulleys, MAC cold air induction fenderwell mount, Pro-M 77mm mass air, FMS 65mm TB, Trick Flow Street Heat intake, Trick Flow 1" phenolic spacer, SHITTY ASS PISTONS!! MAC equal length Stubbie headers, MAC Pro Chamber H- pipe, MAC cat-back exhaust, short shifter, FMS aluminum driveshaft, FMS 3.73 gears, Auto Meter dual guage A-pillar mount w/ fuel pressure and air/fuel ratio guages, Auto Meter 5" monster tach
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 10:00 AM
Floored...

Chris,
Start doing cardio @ least 3 times / week, even if for just 20 minutes and working upwards to 40 mins.

Work out at least twice to 3 times a week. You need to build some muscle to help burn and KEEP the fat off. I was doing just cardio for a long time and didn't get far enough. I started working out and noticed inches coming off and also muscle going on.

Diet - if you can, get the book Body for Life by Bill Philips. It covers the 5-6 meals a day, plus other aspects. Forget any supplements he advises because they are all EAS and they suck. The only thing they make thats really worth its salt in my book is their creatine.

You can order the book for like 18 bucks online shipped to the door as compared to the 25 bucks at the store.

I'd suggest getting an account at 24 hour or the closest place to your house. Its worth it. I think 24 hour is running a special right now that saves around 100 bucks or so to join. Worth it, since it cost me way more than that.

Bastards.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 07:25 PM
GE
Lifer

Like Shane says, it's a balance of everything - diet, cardio, and weights. A trainer will cost ya, but definately a good place to start. Keep in mind on cardio... it's all about your target heart rate. Get a heart monitor or work out on a machine that has one on it (a good one). Alot of times you can be kicking it hard and you are over your target heart rate and end up burning muscle. Sometimes, you think you're busting it and you're still under your target heart rate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement