So is Hydroxycut the best fat burner out? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Post So is Hydroxycut the best fat burner out?

Anyone think something works better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:48 AM
Lifer

Wink

clambuterol...Winstrol...

------------------
DarkPony's Page

98 Black GT, 5 speed, Black Leather, Konig Villans(17X8 17X9), Nitto 555-R's Drag Radials, Mac Off-Road H, Mac Pro-Dumps, Steeda Timing adj. 16deg., ASP Balanced Pullies, Pro-M 87mm Bullet, Eibach Sportlines, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Adjustable Rear Swaybar, K&N, Accell Coil Packs, Crane 8.5mm Fire Wires, FRPP 70MM Throttle Body, Pro-5.0, Autometer Shiftlite, 35th Aniv. Dash Bezel, Painted trim accents, Bad Driver Mod.

221RWHP 1/8th
296RWTQ [email protected]
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:50 AM

are you just planning on sitting on your ass and hoping it will work? If not yes its great, but you will have to force yourself to eat after the first week or so of taking it... The appetite suppressants are pretty harsh. also dont stay on it for more than 90 days..... you may become kinda dependant of it..... Cycle it on 90 days off 90... thats what worked for me. There are many other types out there that have different pros and cons.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:51 AM
Time Served

Anyone taking body solutions? How well does it work?
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:53 AM

insulin, Clenbuterol?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:55 AM

the main thing is do you lift or are you planning on the fat just falling off you?

Ephedrine also works well... ECA stack
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:04 AM
The Big Matt

clenbuterol gave me some god awful shakes, sweats, and headaches.

------------------
1990 Titanium LX
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:05 AM
Floored...

Im taking 2 caps of Xenadrine which is an Ephedrine/Caffeine stack plus 1 asprin every morning and at lunch. This makes for a complete E/C/A stack which is a thermogenic. In other words, it stimulates your central nervous system and raises your body temperature.

Clenbuterol is also thermogenic. Illegal, but when taken with the E/C/A stack, works nicely.

You can lose weight by just taking these drugs. Its not hard to eat as LAMER stated (his experience not typical), but it does act as an appetite suppressant.

You will lose more if you actually take the time to do some cardio at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or so. I normally try to do cardio 3 times a week for 700 calories instead of minutes (works out to be 42.5 mins) on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I noticed some nice results the last time I managed to keep my diet in line with cardio for 2 weeks straight.

Basically, take the E/C/A stack, lower your total caloric intake over the day, eat less carbs (keep it under 100 grams or less), and get plenty of protein.

Ohh, and get your fat ass to the gym. If you want the fat to stay off, you are going to need to build up some lean muscle mass to help eat fat just sitting still.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:20 AM
Insane In The Membrane

Fuck all that shit. I know what will help you lose weight. You know it to. I been their and done this and that including steriods. Its all a big waste of money. and can also mess up your body. Some people may disagree "steriod users" Yes steriods may get you were you want to be in a short while. but i have seen the results of long steriod abuse and also short term use. There will always be a reaction to using steriods wether good or bad
The only thing you can do is just eat healthy. and also eat healthy. Exersice will only speed the process up. and one more thing eat healthy. I was 5'11 at 228, damn. now 3 months later 5'11 at 198. I still have not hit my goal but im on my way. 5'11 around 185. But weight does not really mater its just what you want to look like. Try eating healthy for a week. you will feel better and think better. Just give it a shot.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:22 AM

What about someone who doesnt really do weight lifting but plays basketball, football, sports, etc. a few times a week, what would be the best thing to take to lose weight? Any advise is appreciated

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:23 AM
Time Served

I lost 65 pounds on exenidrine(sp). That stuff really worked well for me. I want to try the Hydroxycut now to try and get ripped.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:23 AM
Insane In The Membrane

If you do not know what i mean by just eating healthy then just pm me and I will tell you what i mean.

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Yes, this would be combined with cardio. I have used the E/C/A stack before and it worked great. Always made me feel kinda wired and like I needed to be doing something. Just wondering if Hydroxycut was AS effective as the E/C/A stack.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:25 AM
The Big Matt

fuck that eating healthy crap. Everyone's bodies are so different that eating "healthy" to one, may not work for another. Over the years your body starts to work a specific way, trying to change it for some is good, their bodies will react and take hold, for others, like me, it doesn't work. If I try the old healthy eating, i get sick, weak, and tired.

Sometimes you just have to try everything til you find something that works for you. The best "eating" oriented way to lose weight for me is the Atkins diet, zero carbs, all protein and yes, "FAT". It works well for me, and I'm not a person who has sugar cravings, or a carb adition.

The all time number one way to lose weight is still the best hands down. Lower the ammount you take in, and increase your activity. Just eating "healthy" isn't going to do it for everyone. I've seen plenty of fat health conscious folks...

------------------
1990 Titanium LX
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by 96cobraonRoids:
Fuck all that shit. I know what will help you lose weight. You know it to. I been their and done this and that including steriods. Its all a big waste of money. and can also mess up your body. Some people may disagree "steriod users" Yes steriods may get you were you want to be in a short while. but i have seen the results of long steriod abuse and also short term use. There will always be a reaction to using steriods wether good or bad
The only thing you can do is just eat healthy. and also eat healthy. Exersice will only speed the process up. and one more thing eat healthy. I was 5'11 at 228, damn. now 3 months later 5'11 at 198. I still have not hit my goal but im on my way. 5'11 around 185. But weight does not really mater its just what you want to look like. Try eating healthy for a week. you will feel better and think better. Just give it a shot.

I would have to agree with this. Try participating in a sport that you have to play on a weekly basis...like on a league or something. I don't mean softball either. Try football, soccer, hockey, ect. Eat right and play sports 2-3 times a week and you will stay fit and have fun and feel good. I dropped a lot of weight when I started playing ice hocky 2-3 times a week and eating right a couple of years ago. I started slacking and eating crap and I gained some weight back. If you stick to a healthy lifestyle you will stay healthy. Fuck a bunch of drugs and weird chemicals...that's just asking for medical problems.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:28 AM

Explain healthy, like tofu and shit, or you mean no snack type stuff, obviously no fast food, like three apples a day, ten glasses of water, baked fish, what? What does your average diet consist of?
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:40 AM
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang_marc:
Yes, this would be combined with cardio. I have used the E/C/A stack before and it worked great. Always made me feel kinda wired and like I needed to be doing something. Just wondering if Hydroxycut was AS effective as the E/C/A stack.

Hydroxycut is NOT an E/C/A stack. It is an E/C stack however. That is why I take an asprin with my E/C. Then it becomes an E/C/A stack. Hydroxycut and Xenadrine both boast that the Willowbark Extract is an Aspirin derivitive. Well, I looked on my Asprin bottle and I'll be damned that there isn't the least bit mention of Willowbark Extract. I did some searches also, and found the same info.

Ripfuel is also an E/C. It doesn't make claims to be an E/C/A stack. Again, just take an aspirin with it.

I take Xenadrine because I find that it is less harsh on my system than Hydroxycut and MUCH less than RipFuel. When I take RipFuel, Im wired like a sumbitch and its a very chaotic energy.

Xenadrine is easier on my system with the same results. They all cost about the same, except Hydroxycut being almost twice as much as RipFuel or Xenadrine. Hydroxycut is in trouble with the FTC for making unsubstantiated claims that their product is 617% more effective at burning fat.

[This message has been edited by Mr Evil (edited 08-20-2001).]
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:52 AM
Floored...

Silverback is right. What works for one may not work for others.

I read an article 2 years ago about this guy who was in his early 40s. He was overweight by about 100 #s or so, but he was very physically fit. He did tri-athalons and such. It didn't make any sense as to why he weighed what he did based on his diet and physical fitness level/activities.

Basically, after any workout his body went back into conserve mode. It only burned energy when neccassary.

My personal experience - Atkins works, but Im addicted to carbs. I get crazy mood swings when I dont have a good supply of carbs daily or even every other day. It makes it hard to keep personal relationships with others, especially my wife, because I might go off at the drop of a hat and it may have been really uncalled for. So I stay away from low carb diets for a long period of time. I might cycle carb intake for a few days, such as 2 days of no carbs, and 1 day of 50 to 100 grams of carbs / day and then back to the no carbs. I can do this for about a week or two before I have to take in a larger amount.

I do find that if I do my cardio at least 3 times a week AND workout 2 to 3 times / week, I get much better results and big ass muscles.

Im also more likely to hit some juice if needed to get that aftermarket edge to losing some wieght/gaining some mass. Im not a body builder, nor do I have the patience and desire for it. I just want to maintain a decent body. I don't want my wife looking at me and thinking, "Damn your ugly, but fuck your a fat ass!" So I gotta watch the weight.

My cars on juice, and damnit, I should be too!
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:56 AM
Lifer

I saw a nutritionist once and he said to eat 5 small meals a day and snack very little in between. Eat good meals cosisting of meat and veggies and very little fatty stuff like cheese and most dairy products and junkfood. He also said to eat as little as you need to and don't eat past 7 or 8 pm.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:37 PM
Lifer

yes cobra r you are refering to what is called a crush diet. More meals broken up during the day. This technique speeds up metabolism and allows your body amble time to burn up carbs faster thatn it would if you just ate 2 or 3 large meals. However I can not dedicate the time to do this so.....I tried several things to lose weight and found that supplements do work only you should follow the instructions on when to cycle off and on. IMO hydroxycuts was the best but you have to buy alot more than if you go with another product, lets say pure power. But give hydroxy cuts a month and youll like the results. But once you get off guess what? It all come back if you dont keep exercising.

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:50 PM
Lifer

hey silverback its Tagle! was up
I can back you up on that. Your body "learns"
what you have fed it since you were a youngun. And what nobody seems to understand is that there is actually a chemical reaction in your brain that has to do with when your body craves food. Thats why fasting doesn't work. Sure you'll lose about 10lbs. off the bat. But because your starving your body of much needed nutrition you have to burn something so your brain tells your body to start burning muscle because it has to save the fat for other things. So as this is going on you think oh my god I lost 10lbs. But your body and mind are being starved. So to end this your cravings will get worse and worse until you cant take it! You give in abd guess what after your body replenishes what youve starved it from youve gained the 10lbs. back and along with it another 5 or 10.lbs
Exercising is the only way to lose wait successfully>

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 12:35 AM
Public Enemy

I used to take Xenadrine before I worked out alot...it worked well. I bought a bottle of Hydroxycut, took it for 3 days, the fourth night I had to spend the night in the hospital. I had only taken 1 that day, and before I went to bed that night, my heart rate sky rocketed. My chest was hurting so bad I thought I was literally going to have a heart attack. So, I went to the ER and they ran a bunch of tests and did blood work and gave me some pain pills for my chest. It took the shit 3 days to get out of my system. I had never been in so much pain in my life! The nurse said a lady that had been taking Hydroxycut was rushed to the hospital and died the same night. I wouldn't recommend Hydroxycut to anyone!! But that's just my 2 cents.

------------------
2000 Z28
3.73 Gears, Whisper Lid, Granetteli Mass Air, 3500 Yank Stall.
1/8 et 7.90 @ 88 mph
60 ft 1.76
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 01:49 AM
Floored...

Some people just have bad reactions to Ephedrine. The problem is these drugs are extracted from herbal ingredients and non-standardized.

The amount of any ingredient differs between the tablets in the same bottle. Thats what makes it so dangerous to others that are sensitive to Ephedrine and such.

The E/C/A stack has actually been proven to stop any catabolic effect. Starving yourself or taking in less food than your body requires doesn't mean its going to eat muscle while on the E/C/A stack. Thats a damn good effect while on it.

And your right. Come off the E/C/A stack and not exercise and it will come right back.

When I left for Germany 15 months ago, I had dropped to 218 pounds from about 240#s. I ran out of hydroxycut in Germany, wasn't exercising, and eating more lasagna than any human should. I came home weighing in at 243#. I was pissed.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 10:03 AM
Resident Ankle Biter

What does the "E" "C" "A" stand for in E/C/A stack? I have a pretty good idea what it is, but just need confirmation.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 11:34 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiGT:
What does the "E" "C" "A" stand for in E/C/A stack? I have a pretty good idea what it is, but just need confirmation.
Ephedrine/Caffine/Asprin

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 11:47 AM
Resident Ankle Biter

Ok, that's what I told Adam it was.

Makin' sure I was right. Thanks JC, you ARE good for a couple of things.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:11 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Forgot about the best one, most harmful and illegal, DNP!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 11:40 AM
The Big Matt

Quote:
Originally posted by 96BluOvl:
hey silverback its Tagle! was up
I can back you up on that. Your body "learns"
what you have fed it since you were a youngun. And what nobody seems to understand is that there is actually a chemical reaction in your brain that has to do with when your body craves food. Thats why fasting doesn't work. Sure you'll lose about 10lbs. off the bat. But because your starving your body of much needed nutrition you have to burn something so your brain tells your body to start burning muscle because it has to save the fat for other things. So as this is going on you think oh my god I lost 10lbs. But your body and mind are being starved. So to end this your cravings will get worse and worse until you cant take it! You give in abd guess what after your body replenishes what youve starved it from youve gained the 10lbs. back and along with it another 5 or 10.lbs
Exercising is the only way to lose wait successfully>

Yo Tagle, what up??? When you moving up here?

Good to see you in on this forum.

------------------
1990 Titanium LX
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 01:48 PM
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by AnotherRedHead:
Forgot about the best one, most harmful and illegal, DNP!
DNP - dangerous, but not illegal. ;]

Uncomfortable like a mofo tho.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 02:55 PM

I found if I took as much as the bottle said even with the gradual dose increase it was too much and I am a pretty good sized person that was my ony complaint with hydroxycut, other than that it worked good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement