weight loss - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 12:51 AM
Bishop

Question weight loss

Ok, ive seen the posts regarding gaining weight, but what kind of stuff do you do to loose weight? I lift and stuff like that but I can't loose weight, been heavy all my life and im sick of it, so maybe some of you guys can give me some clues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 11:17 AM
mannish boy

well, with a normal/balanced diet, the key is obviously burning more calories than you injest... modify your lifting so that you're doing more volume (higher reps, more sets) and lower your resting period between sets... 45-60 seconds. maybe incorporate some caffeine in your diet, and I'd cut all carbs from your diet in the evening... and traditional style cardio doesn't hurt either.

or, you could do a ketosis style diet (Atkins)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 01:40 PM
Bishop

ive thought about the atkins but wasnt sure about it.

What kinds of workouts should I be doing?

do you do them everyday? every other day?

im really a novice when it comes to lifting and dieting, any help would really be appreciated, thanks

Ill look into atkins too

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Hired Hand

As cliched as it is, you truly are what you eat. Take a good look at what you eat every day, and I'd even suggest writing down a log of every single morsel you put in your mouth for a week. To see it all on paper can really put things in perspective when you see that you are doubling or tripling your necessary calorie and fat needs per day. Having been fat well past high school, I know just how easy it is to loose count of your calories and pack on the pounds without even trying. Conversely, it's just as easy to take off the weight by controlling your portions, meal times, and making a few changes to the choices you make on the menu each day. As Forrest suggested, burning more calories than you ingest is a sure fire way to weight-loss, but there is a healthy way to go about things and keep the weight off. If you just do a ton of cardio to burn all those extra calories, but don't make changes to your daily eating habits, all that hard work will go to waste as soon as you settle back into your old routine. Eat often, but eat healthy. Stay away from processed foods and try to eat whole foods such as fruits veggies, and lean meats. Watch out for empty calories such as alcohol and soft drinks, and steer clear of full calorie salad dressings, butter, and oils. If you must indulge (we are all human) keep it to a minimum and watch your overall calorie intake, it's alright to eat a little fatty food, but unacceptable to eat "too much" fatty food.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement