Whats up with high callorie diets far gaining? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

Whats up with high callorie diets far gaining?

"Weight Gainer 1850" - that is a lot of calories per serving! I have taken that before workouts a long time ago and those carbs and all seemed to really make a difference during the workout. Seemed to be able to lift longer and harder. I heard the other day that was a good thing to injest within the 1st hour after a workout if you are there to gain. DOes that sound right?

How much do ya need and how much will go to fat? Yuck! Guess there is not a good way to gain size without adding some fat unless you happen to really hit it right when it comes to eating.

What is the real deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Hired Hand

An hour is too long to wait after a workout before eating. I always drink a protien shake (or weight gainer if I am bulking) directly after my workout. I'll mix it in the locker room and drink it on my way out the door. As for how many calories to eat in a day, that all depends on your metabolism. Start with say 3000 calories (this is a ballpark, it all depends on your current size and calorie expulsion) over six meals and see how that goes for a week. If you start gaining fat, back off a couple hundred calories, and if you get hungry or dont see improvement, up your calories a by a couple hundred. Above all, have patience. Dietary changes take some time to show results.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
An hour is too long to wait after a workout before eating. I always drink a protien shake (or weight gainer if I am bulking) directly after my workout. I'll mix it in the locker room and drink it on my way out the door. As for how many calories to eat in a day, that all depends on your metabolism. Start with say 3000 calories (this is a ballpark, it all depends on your current size and calorie expulsion) over six meals and see how that goes for a week. If you start gaining fat, back off a couple hundred calories, and if you get hungry or dont see improvement, up your calories a by a couple hundred. Above all, have patience. Dietary changes take some time to show results.

Metabolism - Medium. I can eat what I want and not work out and not gain fat very fast at all. With working out or watching my diet a little I loose weight.

I am currently a scrawny 6'-0" , 167 - 170 lbs. I've lost about 13 lbs lately by lowering carbs and doing a light workout a few times a week. Now I am ready to go to building some muscle.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 05:01 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
I am currently a scrawny 6'-0" , 167 - 170 lbs. I've lost about 13 lbs lately by lowering carbs and doing a light workout a few times a week. Now I am ready to go to building some muscle.
Sounds like it's time for you to eat, eat, eat ma man.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement