need ways to lean up - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
DRAMA FREE!

need ways to lean up

I have been working out for about 3 months mow and made it to an 5 day a week thing. Only problem is, my cardio isnt going as fast as the lifting. So, is ther anything to help speed it up? I run from 30 mins to 1 hour about 4 days a week.
Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 07:46 AM

Are you going out and running the same speed the entire time? Doing the same workout everyday? If so, you need to change it up some. Try running fartlicks. If you are running for time and not distance, once a week go drive where you ran and write down how far you went. Once a few weeks pass you should see a big difference.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 08:49 AM
Hired Hand

It sounds like you are getting a decent amount of cardio Joel, but the more important factor to weightloss is your diet. You can jog all day long and burn 8,000, but if you ate 3 large pizzas every day you still wouldn't lose a single pound of fat. Calories in needs to equal about 300 to 500 less than calories out. That means if your body burns 1800 calories at rest for example, you could eat 1300 calories a day and lose weight without any cardio. Add cardio on top of that defecit and you'll burn fat that much faster. The down side to that is that fast weight loss ususlly means a good percentage of the weight lost is lean muscle tissue. Just take your time with the diet and make sure you are eating whole nutrtious low-fat foods.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 09:11 AM
mannish boy

cut down your carb intake and try to cut all carbs in the evening...

change your lifting routine so that you're only resting 30-45seconds between sets...

Forrest
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
DRAMA FREE!

THX.. I am cutting carbs in the evenings and throwing some more greens in at lunch time. My workout schedule is fine and I am happy with the improvemnts, but whats a good filling breakfast? I usually do some oatmeal and some fruit. Yea or Nah?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 05:49 AM
Lifer

Quit going to Hooters for lunch, you knucklehead!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 08:18 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by ProStarPony
whats a good filling breakfast? I usually do some oatmeal and some fruit. Yea or Nah?
Every morning I have a half cup (uncooked) of oatmeal with a scoop of protien powder and tablespoon of natural honey mixed. Oatmeal is quite filling and a great source of fibre, but watch out for the "flavored" kind, as it can pack some serious extra sugar and calories.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
DRAMA FREE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertnut
Quit going to Hooters for lunch, you knucklehead!
LOL! I ahvent gone ther in about two months for lunch. But Aaron, will do. But I like the flavor!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 05:03 PM

Every thought of mountian biking?

I haven't posted on here in a long time. But anyway, I've gotten into mtb pretty heavy and have found it to be a great way to lean up and build a strong heart.

There's a local mtb community you can tap into to help you get more info, find local trails to ride and folks at all levels to ride with. They are a great bunch of folks. Go to www.dorba.org. They also have a forum you can post on.

Good luck! And if you want more info, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Carl
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
DRAMA FREE!

hmmm... i used to ride when i was in Boy Scouts across the Cedar Hill Dam every weekend.. But my bike is long gone and its not too easy putting a bike in a mustang.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 11:00 PM

Quote:
hmmm... i used to ride when i was in Boy Scouts across the Cedar Hill Dam every weekend.. But my bike is long gone and its not too easy putting a bike in a mustang.
That is a very good point. It would be tough trying to fit a bike inside a Mustang. I've got a 1 1/4" hitch receiver and I run a bike rack off the back. Nothing ever touches the car and when I don't need it I remove it and put a cap over the receiver... out of sight!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 01:17 AM
We lost one.....

Thumbs up

I use EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes. They are actually pretty good. And they have 5g of carbs and 110 calories and pack 15g of protein.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 02:49 AM
Hanging on ropes

thats a damn good idea. of all the things i do, mountain biking and rock climbing work me out better than anything in the world. its the combination of adrenalyn and motivation. i'm not doing these things strickly for a work-out, i do these things becouse i LOVE doing them. this causes me to push myself WAY harder.

also, jogging with the dog helps, its not just for me, its for him as well.

as a side note, i have a specialized stumpjumper FSR comp, and would love having some rideing partners. i've just had bad luck finding people to ride with.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
DRAMA FREE!

well, it sounds like you are tralking about a two seater bike... if so, NO. Sorry, not my flavor. But as far as my dog, he's three weeks old come tues the 12th. Cant really jog him yet.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Hanging on ropes

Quote:
well, it sounds like you are tralking about a two seater bike... if so, NO. Sorry, not my flavor. But as far as my dog, he's three weeks old come tues the 12th. Cant really jog him yet.
two seater bike? huh?

except mine is black/red (last years model)

what kinda dawg?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
DRAMA FREE!

oh... well, have fun! I really wont have the time when the dog gets here and will be concentrating on him... hes a Boxer...
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mychael101
I use EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes. They are actually pretty good. And they have 5g of carbs and 110 calories and pack 15g of protein.
Damn that is pretty badass....Ive never used EAS products b/c of how expensive those bitches are. I use Isopure for shakes.

For breakfast eat a cup of PLAIN oats and i have a bannana. It just depends on if im cutting or bulking lol. If im bulking it is totally different. Since you are cutting that is what i would eat for breakfast. After that have a protein shake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement