sprints... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
mannish boy

Thumbs up sprints...

so I've been "planning" on encorporating sprints into my workout regime... been reading all kinds of good stuff about them... increase testosterone production, raise metabolism (burn fat), build mass, etc.

one guy I was talking with said he did sprints 3 times a week... ten 100yd sprints w/ one minute rest between sprints...

I figured I oughta start light so I did five sprints... the last two I rested for a little bit longer! LOL!

ok, realize it's been since ohhhh 9th GRADE since I've done any kind of sprints beyond a quick dash every few years for some reason or another... but I'll be damned if I wasn't browning out, losing my hearing and vision, and getting slightly nauseous by the time I got home! LOVIN' IT!!!

oh yeah, and I did them barefoot (the new Pearce football field is SWEET)

there are some foot/ankle exercises you're supposed to do as well... I stretched really good before but I have a feeling my right foot might be a little tight and sore tomorrow/wed... oh well, we'll see...

beats "cardio"!

Forrest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 03:56 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

I think I need to do this too. Got any online info on sprints? This guy at the gym that had RIPPED abs told me about how he got them. He does low reps but uses weights on his chest and legs when doing ab workouts. To get them to show he did tons of sprints.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
mannish boy

abs are all about diet... you have to have low body fat % to show abs... you can do all the crunches/situps/etc. you want, but you won't be shredded till you get your BF% down (IE, I'll NEVER have "abs"! LOL!)

with that said, sprints increase test production and raise metabolism which will help you lean down...

here's one page:

http://www.cbass.com/INTERVAL.HTM

do a search on elitefitness.com on sprints... lots of good info there.

Forrest

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 07:42 PM

Well, I am very glad you had fun, but the whole vision and almost blacking out thing is BAD! Maybe next time you should take it down another notch. You could lower the distance a little, or increase the rest time a little on all of them, not just the last few. I have blacked out before from running, its not fun.
"...run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 10:02 PM

Forrest,

Can you point me to the info you found about foot/ankle excersises? I've been looking for something like that.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 03:26 AM
Hanging on ropes

i do a simular thing. i grab the dog, head out for a 1/2 mile walk, then a 1 mile jog. we then pull about 10 50yard sprints back to back with 0 rests. if i'm feeling good i might do 1 or 2 more, but never less than 10. then another 1/2 mile fast walk to chill out.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCPop
Forrest,

Can you point me to the info you found about foot/ankle excersises? I've been looking for something like that.
Are you looking for ankle exercises to strengthen your ankles?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 92special

Are you looking for ankle exercises to strengthen your ankles?
Yea, I've started playing soccer again after a three year layoff and I've rolled both my ankles. I guess the down time weakened them, and I'd like to build them up in the upcoming off season, I've found a couple of recommended excersises, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm always up for ideas....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCPop

Yea, I've started playing soccer again after a three year layoff and I've rolled both my ankles. I guess the down time weakened them, and I'd like to build them up in the upcoming off season, I've found a couple of recommended excersises, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm always up for ideas....
Sorry it took so long for me to post back...the easiest thing to do is to write your ABC's with your feet, do upper case and lower case. You can also do circles. If you have lost your range of motion it is very important to do exercises or you may not get it all back. If you have one of those long wide rubberbands (sorry I don't remember what they are called), you can create resistance. Tie one end around something that won't move and put the other around your foot, then you can move your feet in all directions. Also, if you have someone help you, you can get towel and have them hold both ends and put your foot in and have them hold firm while you try to pull your toes toward you knee.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 12:35 AM
XL

If you have your body fat down, and you work your abs, they will improve right? Or is it 100% body fat levels?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Psilocybin
If you have your body fat down, and you work your abs, they will improve right? Or is it 100% body fat levels?
What percentage do you consider to be low? Yes, they will improve but you will never be Mr. Abs if you do not have a low percentage.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 11:44 PM
XL

Quote:
Originally posted by 92special

What percentage do you consider to be low? Yes, they will improve but you will never be Mr. Abs if you do not have a low percentage.
I have no idea what to consider low. I guess I have a low body fat percentage because I do have abs. I'm skinny...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement