Question concerning the ladies at the gym - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

Question concerning the ladies at the gym

I was reading some of the older posts and saw one that made me think. It mentioned a guy that was thinking that the ladies in the gym may have been looking at him and laughing since he was not huge.

I was wondering if the ladies for the most part actually do laugh or look down at you if you are in there and are not all hulky looking? I mean there is a size that I want to be and it is not "ripping out of my clothes" big. But I doubt anyone would laugh at that size. However, right now I am 6'0" and weigh 167-170 and would hate to roll up to a gym and think anyone was laughing or thinking "What a wuss" or anything like that. Especially the female hotties that may be there.

At least I am married and all of that isn't really that important other than in the self esteem area.

What do ya'll think?

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Lifer

Hey Todd,

I'm same as you 6' and 170 lbs.

I like to look good but think about this. How are you going to look good without a little humiliation first
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 08:11 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

Re: Question concerning the ladies at the gym

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
I was reading some of the older posts and saw one that made me think. It mentioned a guy that was thinking that the ladies in the gym may have been looking at him and laughing since he was not huge.

I was wondering if the ladies for the most part actually do laugh or look down at you if you are in there and are not all hulky looking? I mean there is a size that I want to be and it is not "ripping out of my clothes" big. But I doubt anyone would laugh at that size. However, right now I am 6'0" and weigh 167-170 and would hate to roll up to a gym and think anyone was laughing or thinking "What a wuss" or anything like that. Especially the female hotties that may be there.

At least I am married and all of that isn't really that important other than in the self esteem area.

What do ya'll think?
lol......... I think it was my post you read. It was more of a smartass/joking comment than anything serious. I see alot of hotties in the gym and tons of dudes that look like they work out with small cars rather than the traditional weights and I am no where near " ripped " up like I want to be. If you think about it, do you laugh at the people that are extremely overweight or skinny as a toothpick when they are in the gym? I know I don't even think of laughing at them or look at them different because everyone has to start somewhere. If anything, I actually look up to them because they are making an effort to better themselves and have the self esteem to be there. That is just the way I see it but I am not sure about the attitude some of the people there have towards others.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 08:52 AM
Hired Hand

Re: Re: Question concerning the ladies at the gym

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinH78
everyone has to start somewhere. If anything, I actually look up to them because they are making an effort to better themselves and have the self esteem to be there.
Exactly. If you do happen to come across somebody that is laughing or snickering, it is simply an indication of there own lack of self esteem. They are just belittling others in an attempt to feel more secure about themselves.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 12:02 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

I don't think anything bad about people that are "out of shape" in the gym. I agree with the others. At least they are making an effort to improve themselves, so who am I to poke fun at them. They deserve all my respect.
Now the ones in their just to get a date that prance around like peacocks or grunt and groan LOUDLY for no apparent reason or that tend to be trying to get your attention ...yeah...I wish their membership would get cancelled.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Other half of bitter

The only people I make fun of at the gym are the ones that come in there to socialize and just sit there chatting and trying to pick up guys/gals while hogging the equipment that they aren't even using! or we laugh at the guys who obviously use steroids and have huge zits all over their backs and think they look good!! lol

I don't look down or laugh at any skinny guys.....like everyone else said- everyone that comes in there is at least making an effort to improve themselves. I know I compare myself a lot to the other women in there- especially the ones that are lifting a lot more than me and i feel like i am barely lifting squat compared to them...but we are all i there trying at least.

to be honest, i don't really dig the huge bodybuilder guys.....when alan and I met- i knew he wasn't my type- i was more into the average sized guy....but he won me over anyway! lol
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 03:52 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
or we laugh at the guys who obviously use steroids and have huge zits all over their backs and think they look good!! lol

Sounds like a buddy I work out with. He takes steroids, eats junk, does no cardio, and has CRAPPY form. You can tell his arms and traps are big, but for the most part he has just gotten fat. Same height as me and 30 more lbs. yet he lifts very little more than I (5lbs more on bench for example) huge zits and all. He thinks he is the shiznit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement