Ephedra... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Ephedra...

Worth it or not? All I want is a simple YES or NO. I don't care what your reasoning is on it, health or otherwise, is it worth it to you?

Thanks,
Grant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

Used to use it quite a bit in the supplements but after I found out what it can do to you, NO.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 02:14 AM
Hired Hand

IMO, the weight-loss benefits do not outweigh the negative side effects (insomnia, raised blood pressure, moodiness. etc.). You can loose weight just as effectively without, it just takes a little self control.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 07:26 PM

No.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 07:30 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Yes
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
Yes
Yer workin' against me here.....

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:26 AM
Hired Hand

To quantify my earlier statement, I have had great result usuing ECA in conjuction with a solid diet and increased cardio. BUT, aside frome the negative side-effects I mentioned earlier, every single time I discontinued use, the weight slowly came back as my appetite returned. I would reccomend to anyone wanting to keep the weight off to diet seriously for atleast two or three weeks before adding supplementation, to cement the positive dietary changes necessary to maintaining a lower bodyfat. If you are unable to lose the weight and/or control your appetite without supplementation, you'd be better off burning the money you would spend on ECA, the weight WILL come back. Why do you think the diet industry is so big?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 12:00 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
To quantify my earlier statement, I have had great result usuing ECA in conjuction with a solid diet and increased cardio. BUT, aside frome the negative side-effects I mentioned earlier, every single time I discontinued use, the weight slowly came back as my appetite returned. I would reccomend to anyone wanting to keep the weight off to diet seriously for atleast two or three weeks before adding supplementation, to cement the positive dietary changes necessary to maintaining a lower bodyfat. If you are unable to lose the weight and/or control your appetite without supplementation, you'd be better off burning the money you would spend on ECA, the weight WILL come back. Why do you think the diet industry is so big?
I agree with you and had similar results, Aaron. But unlike you, the reason my weight returned was because I allowed it to. I became lazy and wasnt truthful with myself when it came time to eat. I dont think I gained the weight back because of the ephedra but because of my own ignorance.

I still believe that even with my own personal weight struggles and the few side effects I have experienced (some of them scary)I would still recommend others to try it, but only as you recommended (the last addition to a solid diet and workout regimen). And be forewarned that side effects are a good possibility.

Karen

Y2K Supercharged Electric Green GT
The Dallas Diamonds
WPFL 3Peat Superbowl Champions 2004-06
IWFL 2008 Superbowl Champions
Captain*Mike/Sam*League All Pro 2004
Def/LB coach 06-08 season
Defensive Coordinator 09

Dallas Fire Rescue
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger

I agree with you and had similar results, Aaron. But unlike you, the reason my weight returned was because I allowed it to. I became lazy and wasnt truthful with myself when it came time to eat. I dont think I gained the weight back because of the ephedra but because of my own ignorance.
That's my point entirely. Weight-loss comes from the self-control to eat and execise as needed to burn a certain number of calories, and keeping it off require a permanent change to one's views and desires concerning nutrition. I want people to understand that ephedra effects purely your physical being, and does nothing to change one's mentality concerning nutrion. You can make immediate physical changes by working on the body, but the permanent changes come from working on the mind.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement