Hydroxycut or Ripped Fuel? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Question Hydroxycut or Ripped Fuel?

Anyone ever use either? I used Ripped Fuel in the past and thought I would change over to Hydroxycut. This stuff makes ya silly in the head!

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:10 AM
I gots famous friends

I have both, and have no real preference, I can't stand the dinged - out feeling I get from both of 'em...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

I have used both. Unless you get the Ripped Fuel that does not contain Ephedra, I wouldn't use any of it. Not sure if the Hydroxycut has a Ephedra free mix but I know the Ripped Fuel does. Ephedra will make you silly in the head dead.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for movin' the thread, I didn't even see this forum.

The Hydroxycut is loaded with Ephedra for that 'pick me up make you fuggin crazy' feeling in the morning. And that's if you're lucky enough to actually sleep the night before.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

BTW Kevin, you've got 3100 more posts than I do yet I've been here a few months longer. Someone's been doing some post whoring.

Don't you feel cheap and used you dirty lil' piece o' trash?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by DfwSHO
BTW Kevin, you've got 3100 more posts than I do yet I've been here a few months longer. Someone's been doing some post whoring.

Don't you feel cheap and used you dirty lil' piece o' trash?
lol.......... Well, I wouldn't actually consider it post whoring. My last job was the most booring thing I have ever had to do for money but I had internet access for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week so pretty much all I did was read this message board and post alot. BTW, that Ephedra shit will kill you deader than a doornail before you have time to think about it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 01:16 PM
Hired Hand

I have quite a bit of experience with both of them, and have finally come to the conclusion that it's not worth it IMO. Diet and exercise is the ONLY way to safely lose weight, but more importantly, to keep it off. ECA is a rollercoaster of a drug, both mentally and physically. Sleepless nights are common, and once the appetite suppressing qualities are gone when cycling off, if you haven't made a concious effort to adjust your eating habits, you'll go right back to putting the weight on with your old habits. Try dieting for a full month, if you succesfully lose 4 or 5 lbs and keep it off for the month, then consider ECA to augment your plan.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips Boost. I was down to about 5% body fat between my last and current serious girlfriends.

I used ephedra in combination with workouts and healthy eating habits. I dropped 30 pounds in less than 4 months. But you're right, it's about determination and self-control.

It's too easy to eat like crap when you're out of the game i.e. serious girlfriend, wife, etc.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 02:22 PM
Hired Hand

Don't get me wrong, ECA can be an effective way to lose weight quickly, but too many people are misled into believing it's some sort of "snake oil" that will solve all dieting woes, which is far from the truth. It is more of a tool, like any in the garage. Just because someone has the money to buy a Craftsman Stack and car lift, doesn't mean they yet have the knowlege of a mechanic to put those tools to use.

I had great success with it as well, but I got tired of the mood swings and sleepless nights, so I stopped taking it right in the middle of a serious diet. I'm not losing it as fast now, but I feel soooo much better with a full nights sleep.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 09:13 PM
We lost one.....

Go with Xenadrine they even have a ephedra free formula that supposed to be bad-ass! And the doses are smaller 4 daily for Xenadrine and 6 for Hydroxycuts. More for your money if you go to Smoothie King they have cheaper prices than at GNC.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 01:04 AM

See if you can get samples of all from friends. Each person seems to have their own preference, and mine happens to be Xenadrine. I can really tell the days I don't take it. I used Hydroxycut before, but my body got used to it. I don't have that problem with Xenadrine.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 07:35 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
See if you can get samples of all from friends. Each person seems to have their own preference, and mine happens to be Xenadrine. I can really tell the days I don't take it. I used Hydroxycut before, but my body got used to it. I don't have that problem with Xenadrine.
Do you use the Ephedra free ones? How much are they for how many and where do you get them? I have used pretty much all of them before except Xenadrine and would like to give it a try if it isn't too crazy on the price.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 06:51 PM
We lost one.....

I got the new Xenadrine EFX at wal-mart for like $25 and thats with 90 capsules. This stuff is the shit! Way stronger than regular Xenadrine and I haven't had that shitty crash feeling after the 1st dose starts to wear off. Money well spent in my opinion!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 01:00 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Mychael101
I got the new Xenadrine EFX at wal-mart for like $25 and thats with 90 capsules. This stuff is the shit! Way stronger than regular Xenadrine and I haven't had that shitty crash feeling after the 1st dose starts to wear off. Money well spent in my opinion!
Is that the kind you were talking about that does not have any Ephedrine in it?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinH78
Do you use the Ephedra free ones? How much are they for how many and where do you get them? I have used pretty much all of them before except Xenadrine and would like to give it a try if it isn't too crazy on the price.
No, I use the regular. Still haven't tried the EFX, just don't want to spend money on something that might not work.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 12:24 PM

I have used both. I think they both work well.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 08:55 AM
mopar02

I think its all about trial and error, it may work for everyone on this board but not for you. Xenadrine, Hydroxycut, ECA STACK, HP Betalean, and Ripped Fuel, all very good and one of the above will work for you. Its all about the one you like and the one that is the best for the money. BetaLean is $ 19.99 at GNC, and it works for me, but then again Xenadrine dropped 60 lbs. of me when I first started then, bam it stopped working. But, I would also have to agree with the Taz dude up at the top of the thread, its really all about your diet and exercise... I work at GNC, so PM me if you need anything....
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mopar02
... I work at GNC, so PM me if you need anything....
Sweet man! I used to know a girl that worked at the GNC in Corinth and I'd get the hook up from her. I'd like to try some of that Xenadrine as well. I've been wanting to get back into lifting badly and need the extra motivation. I take it you work for GNC in Garland?

I used to shop at Discount Sport Nutrition in Denton, but since I've moved I rarely make it up there anymore.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 12:24 AM
We lost one.....

Yeah the Xenadrine EFX is ephedrine free and I don't know how but its stronger than the original Xenadrine formula. I'm gonna try and see if I can find better deals on-line for this stuff. And if anyone knows where I can fine some EAS Avant/Edge Carb Control shakes cheap lemme know please, the only flavor I like (Chocolate Fudge) is always sold out. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement