Just wondering... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Just wondering...

I was just reading through this particular forum, and noticed that there is alot of advice be given. And not knowing many of you, I was just wondering what type of background you guys have in kinesiology, nutrition, and if any of you are a personal trainer or have any education in these departments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Lifer

Don't really know about the others but I'm just a college kid that has seen what certain combos of excercise mixed with dieting on different body types has done to people. I've read up on nutritional liturature and how different types of diets work on different metabolisms (ECA, high protein, carb loading, etc.)

No one really has to follow what any of us say but if someone asks there is generally something that one of us has done that will help. As you can see there is a lot of feedback from personal experiences.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 12:42 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I would say alot of it is just personal experience.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 11:27 AM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Arrow

I am by far not a certified personal trainer. I do have a career in healthcare that is strong in physiology and other biochemistries. I have a detailed understanding of anatomy as well as a strong athletic background to the college level. I try to stay current on nutritional and supplemental news. Currently, I am trying to build a firmer knowledge base of anabolics and their role in fitness today. The advice I give can be found in literature, routes of study, or is taken from my own personal experience. If I don't know the answer, I just say so or leave my two cents out of a topic.

Karen
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 02:26 PM
mannish boy

well, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Lifer

HAHAHAHA! Funny shit forrest
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Thanks! I was just wondering, because I have a degree in kinesiology and health nutrition. I played soccer in college and as a result of my field of study I generally was more healthy than most of my teammates. Thanks for the replies.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Lifer

So that means you are going to correct us everytime we screw up, right......
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by stangcrazy
So that means you are going to correct us everytime we screw up, right......
LOL! Very funny. No, I am not one of those people that do that. I have found that every person needs something different when it comes to working out or setting up a nutritional diet. I don't think I have ever given the exact same advice to two people. But if you ever have a question feel free to ask.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Hired Hand

Although I have taken a few courses in college, most of my knowlege comes from good ol' trial and error. Personal experience is the best teacher out there, but it certainly doesn't hurt to supplement that with some book knowlege and the experiences of those around you.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata
Although I have taken a few courses in college, most of my knowlege comes from good ol' trial and error. Personal experience is the best teacher out there, but it certainly doesn't hurt to supplement that with some book knowlege and the experiences of those around you.
I agree! The best way to learn something is to do it, but it doesn't matter if you are learning it wrong so it is always good to be able to back up what you are doing with some proof that it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement