Anyone have a fitness role model? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Question Anyone have a fitness role model?

Someone who helps motivate you or aspire to be as healthy as them? Not saying I would ever look like these peeps, just a little outside motivation to get off my ass. Kinda say to myself...well if they can do it... anyone else got a role model?

Brenda Kelly

Monica Brant

Her greatness Miss Jackson

Y2K Supercharged Electric Green GT
The Dallas Diamonds
WPFL 3Peat Superbowl Champions 2004-06
IWFL 2008 Superbowl Champions
Captain*Mike/Sam*League All Pro 2004
Def/LB coach 06-08 season
Defensive Coordinator 09

Dallas Fire Rescue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 09:44 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Bolo yeung.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 10:21 PM
iHustle

Wht...I gotta give it too ya, that dude is a bad mutha f*cker!!!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 10:06 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I don't have any *fitness* role models per se, since fitness is just a by product my love of competition.

My role models are people like Rod DeHaven who works full time and still can win the Olympic Marathon Trials. Fits family, friends, 40 hour work weeks and 100+ miles running into his schedule each week. Talk about focus. I have trouble keeping everything in focus at 70 miles running a week. He lets me know that it is possible to do 100+ miles a week and still enjoy work and family time.

John Keston, who at 70 can still run a 3 hour marathon (and beat 90% of those 30 years younger then him). If at 70 my azz can still run without a walker I'll be impressed. He didn't even start running until he was 55.

Priscilla Welch, who didn't start running until she was in her mid 30s (after smoking a pack of cigs a day for 18 years and drinking more than occasionally) and ran a 2 hour 26 minute marathon at 42.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 10:31 AM
Hired Hand

Hey Karen, I wouldn't mind a little "roll" with those models...

On a serious note, my role models are the guys and gals I've come across in the gym that are "on the next level" of my own fitness regimen. I don't idolize an entire persona, I pick certain body parts, ideologies, or habits from real peple. Whether it be one guys monster bi's, or another girls rockin' glutes, or the big guy I noticed drop some massive bodyfat over the last 6 months. These "real" people help me keep my own life in check. I personaly trailed ofter the "holy grail" body on the cover of Muscle & Fitness for too long, depressed that I wasn't "Ahhnold". I haven't given up on getting to that pinnacle, I've just found that a little temperment in my expectations keeps me in a much more positive place. It's hard to get to the top if you keep stumbling up the stairs because you are staring up at a floor that's too far in the distance.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata
Hey Karen, I wouldn't mind a little "roll" with those models...

On a serious note, my role models are the guys and gals I've come across in the gym that are "on the next level" of my own fitness regimen. I don't idolize an entire persona, I pick certain body parts, ideologies, or habits from real peple. Whether it be one guys monster bi's, or another girls rockin' glutes, or the big guy I noticed drop some massive bodyfat over the last 6 months. These "real" people help me keep my own life in check. I personaly trailed ofter the "holy grail" body on the cover of Muscle & Fitness for too long, depressed that I wasn't "Ahhnold". I haven't given up on getting to that pinnacle, I've just found that a little temperment in my expectations keeps me in a much more positive place. It's hard to get to the top if you keep stumbling up the stairs because you are staring up at a floor that's too far in the distance.
I hear ya, Aaron. I used to do the same (while trying not to gawk) when I used to go to the gym. Now I workout from home and take things day by day. I stay more focused that way. I think it works better for me. I have learned to set goals everyday and I find myself more successful that way. Thats the only way I can keep motivated and stick through the hard parts (not buying a slurpee when I stop for gas).

My role models are the oppitomy of what I would love to look like years from now. They work on my mind when I want to be lazy or had a terrible day at work.

But I am certainly content with waking up everyday and saying to myself, "Okay, Im going to make time to eat every 3.5-4 hours....Okay, Im going to avoid the breakroom.... Okay, Im going to take all my supplements..." and so on. I find myself happier at the end of the day. They may seem like small goals to everyone else, but baby steps move towards giant leaps, right?

Karen

Last edited by Frogger; 09-20-2002 at 02:04 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

role models are good. but you have to set goals.. i wanted to be big at one stage. but then you realise.. you can never be big enough... so i decided.. that i want to find the natual limit of my body and hopefully get big enough at the same time to scare children
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
and hopefully get big enough at the same time to scare children

I think you are already there Sir. Even the BIG kids.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger

naaa you just dont understand give me 6-9 months then you will begin to understand
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 07:03 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

Hell, he scares ME!

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 11:43 AM
Hanging on ropes

http://www.edviesturs.com/

ed viesturs, hands down the toughest motherfucker on planet earth.

12 of the 14 8000m peaks without supplimental oxygen. i don't care how in shape you are, your probobly going to die if you spend a weekend hanging out with this dude!!!

ed chillin at the tallest place on earth.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 05:56 PM
tex
Lifer

Re: Anyone have a fitness role model?

Quote:

Monica Brant

Yep, this is why I work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement