Steroids - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Steroids

I know im going to catch a bunch of shit for this but i just have to ask. I never done them nor will i ever do them but i have a bunch of friends that have. What are everyones views on illegal steroids? I did a college research paper on them so i know a bunch about them. Im just trying to see what everyone else thinks about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 09:59 AM
Hired Hand

It's not worth the risks involved IMO (legal and physical). I personally take more pride in being natural, I may not be as big, but I'm doing the best I can with what God gave me. Like the car analogy, a boosted/juiced car making 500rwhp is a pretty bad-ass ride, but an all-motor fox making near the same power is just that much more impresive and respectable. It takes just as much work to build and tune either, but I personally would have to give props to the N/A car.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 09:53 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Do you plan to be a carreer bodybuilder? if not.. steroids are for pussys.
I know several juice bitchs who make great gains in size ans strength and then go back to being pussys once the drop off the cycle. I guess im just strange in the fact that i want to know what my bodys NATURAL limit is.

If you are lifting just for your health, why juice?
d.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Lifer

I'm a little out of the loop now, but years ago, it was awful. Everyone I know that was on them back then, is either dead or has a set of "bitch titties" that would make my wife jealous! Once you start, you better stay on it and work like hell, or you'll turn to shit. Acne, blood pressure problems, and rage, are just a few of the issues you may have to deal with, along with some sexual side-effects. I know some users out there that will disagree, and that's fine, too, but is it worth the risk?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 10:27 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertnut
I'm a little out of the loop now, but years ago, it was awful. Everyone I know that was on them back then, is either dead or has a set of "bitch titties" that would make my wife jealous! Once you start, you better stay on it and work like hell, or you'll turn to shit. Acne, blood pressure problems, and rage, are just a few of the issues you may have to deal with, along with some sexual side-effects. I know some users out there that will disagree, and that's fine, too, but is it worth the risk?
todays chemists are alot better then those of yester year.. there are mixes that can help you avoid bitch tits.. or testicular tetosterone production shut down. or estrogen build up... but why risk it??
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Bond Company Stooge

HEMROIDS!!!!!!

nuf said.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 07:51 PM
Time Served

roids

I have to disagree with some of the things said....steroids are just like drugs when you are a kid.....your whole life everyone tells you this and that about (for example weed) pot and if you do it, it is so so bad for and all this crap..then you get old enough and you try it and it is no big deal....the problem with steroids is there are so many people that just use them wrong....there is a proper way to due things and a wrong way....most people dont take the time or are to impatient to use them right. Steroids are like cigarettes, you smoke a pack, it wont kill, you do it for 20-30 years it might...same things with the roids, use them wrong, abuse them, or go past the cycle length, yep they will mess you up, just like anything else out there (beer, buise, drugs) I know a few guys that use Sus 250 and are big and strong and perfectly normal give or take a few episodes.....If your going to do them do it right....just like when your building up a car.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Hanging on ropes

i just don't see the point... bulking up is silly (to me), i work out for flexability, strength, endurance and tendon strength.

i'd like to see some big bulky steroid goof get up and down a campus board 8 times without stopping or pull 18 pull-ups with your fingers on the edge of a door frame.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Lifer

I'm definately not bulked up but I wish I could add on a bit more lean body mass (bout' 20 lbs.) but right now I'm still in the cutting phase. 170 lbs, 7.2% BF, but it's really funny when I'm pushing 245-255 on bench and about 315-330 squat, and I just started back up from a huge 2 year break, only been training about 2 months now. I don't really see the point in steroids either, I may be a bit smaller than a lot guys but piss me off......

Let's just say if you learn how to take down people or (gasp) learn a killing technique that if you absolutly have to use you know how to, you don't have to be very big
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Hanging on ropes

getting big for self defence?? common gimme a break... are we barroom brawlers or what?? if thats your major motivation for working out and getting stronger i would do a couple things first.

A: learn how to avoid situations which could lead to physical confrontation

B: learn to keep your wisecracking mouth shut!!

C: realize that as uncivil as we are, this is a civil sociaty. nobody is going to jump you while you are colating in your cubicle; unless you failed to learn item B.

D: get a concealed weapon permit. becouse somebody will always be bigger or tougher than you, but nobody is bigger or tougher than a .45ACP.

If this is your motivation to work out, you need to SERIOUSLY reassess your life becouse there is obviously something wrong. going to the gym 4 times a week so you can "kick ass" is obviously a sign of a mental disorder.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Lifer

If you're aiming that last post at me Merkur then you are probably right about that mental disorder
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 06:50 AM
Hanging on ropes

well, if you realize that, then i guess your on the path to recovery!!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Lifer

I'M CURED
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Hanging on ropes

Quote:
Originally posted by stangcrazy
I'M CURED
you went with the .45 eh??
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Lifer

HAHAHA Merkur you crack me up!
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Re: roids

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT93Style
I have to disagree with some of the things said....steroids are just like drugs when you are a kid.....your whole life everyone tells you this and that about (for example weed) pot and if you do it, it is so so bad for and all this crap..then you get old enough and you try it and it is no big deal....the problem with steroids is there are so many people that just use them wrong....there is a proper way to due things and a wrong way....most people dont take the time or are to impatient to use them right. Steroids are like cigarettes, you smoke a pack, it wont kill, you do it for 20-30 years it might...same things with the roids, use them wrong, abuse them, or go past the cycle length, yep they will mess you up, just like anything else out there (beer, buise, drugs) I know a few guys that use Sus 250 and are big and strong and perfectly normal give or take a few episodes.....If your going to do them do it right....just like when your building up a car.
I totally agree with him. Steroids get a bad name b/c people that get them and that are uneducated baout them think that they can just fill up a needle and poke it in their ass and go. The way i see it is if you have done your reserach, find a cycle for what your goals are, get your anti estrogens, clomid for when your cycle is over and just do your basic research it really isnt that bad for you at all. Its as bad as drinking or smoking cigs or doing drugs. Kids have no reason to be doing them b/c their test levels are so high anyways. There are just too many dumb people out there doing them and have no idea what they are doing and get phucked up and bloat up or worse. When on a cycle you have to have a nice clean diet, no drinkinbg alcohol and plenty of sleep. Ive never done it but have a few friends that have done countless cycles and i did a research project on it in high school. Steroids have changed alot since back in the day. There are many supplements out there that help hold the gains and prevent the side effects such as gyno. If i were ever to do it i wouldnt do it to beat peoples asses. I would do it for myself to reach a goal.

Im all natural right now and will prob be that way the rest of my life but i wouldnt knock doing steroids b/c they are not all that bad as they are made to seem.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 05:20 AM
Lifer

i am for roids. i have done a few small cycles, and have had great results. i do believe some do get carried away with them and get greedy.

merkur- i am not as big and bulky as some. but i tried your challenge with the door frame edge and was able to do 20 with ease. my fingers hurt like hell when i was through.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:55 PM
Lifer

man you guys are crazy. what will doing pullups on the door frame edge do?? Besides fuck up your fingers?
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Time Served

Even if you don't get impotent or mental, there is one more thing to consider. Your heart. Grow bigger than your body normally would and you will do permanent damage to your heart. Read any bodybuilders medical chart (theoretical as we can't just read them) and every single one of them has enlarged heart. No big deal? Maybe not now but you'll start to worry once you turn 50. If you turn 50.

I used to know a lot of guys on steroids. I used to. Now most of them are dead. One of them was 25y, died of heart failure. A few of them got past 30. They didn't have all things in order up there, even friends had to be careful with them, you could never tell when they were about to lose it. All killed now; stabbed, shot, burned etc.

There are a few that have managed to survive but they will have to carry the health problems for the rest of their lives. For what? Impress some girls? Honestly though, most girls prefer athletic bodies over bulky bodies...
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sami
I used to know a lot of guys on steroids. I used to. Now most of them are dead. One of them was 25y, died of heart failure. A few of them got past 30. .
wow, your proably going to die then! sounds terrible..........i wonder why no pro baseball players die from them and they are the most jacked athaletes in the world.........
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:21 PM
get8ch

sounds like your friends went overboard with the steriods.... most of those bodybuilders, especially professional with enlarged hearts are on growth hormones,insulin, and doing year round cycles of all kinds of different shit

Quote:
Even if you don't get impotent or mental, there is one more thing to consider. Your heart. Grow bigger than your body normally would and you will do permanent damage to your heart. Read any bodybuilders medical chart (theoretical as we can't just read them) and every single one of them has enlarged heart. No big deal? Maybe not now but you'll start to worry once you turn 50. If you turn 50.

I used to know a lot of guys on steroids. I used to. Now most of them are dead. One of them was 25y, died of heart failure. A few of them got past 30. They didn't have all things in order up there, even friends had to be careful with them, you could never tell when they were about to lose it. All killed now; stabbed, shot, burned etc.

There are a few that have managed to survive but they will have to carry the health problems for the rest of their lives. For what? Impress some girls? Honestly though, most girls prefer athletic bodies over bulky bodies...

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:37 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by bully1027
wow, your proably going to die then! sounds terrible..........i wonder why no pro baseball players die from them and they are the most jacked athaletes in the world.........
They have the money to do it under medical attention, private docs. The average joe who wants to get big doesn't and he'll also buy the cheap sh*t like hormones meant for animals.

Doesn't still mean they won't pay for it in the long run.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by Xcessive
sounds like your friends went overboard with the steriods.... most of those bodybuilders, especially professional with enlarged hearts are on growth hormones,insulin, and doing year round cycles of all kinds of different shit
Enlarged heart comes from excess bodyweight, fat or muscle. You get big, your heart must do the same. Larger heart does not always mean stronger/better heart.

I'm not trying to preach here, just wanted to let people know they are risking their health by using hormones. That is a fact.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:27 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

Enlarged heart comes from excess bodyweight, fat or muscle. You get big, your heart must do the same. Larger heart does not always mean stronger/better heart.

I'm not trying to preach here, just wanted to let people know they are risking their health by using hormones. That is a fact.
Enlarged hearts come from a multitude of things. High blood pressure, leaky valve causing the heart to pump harder, cardiomyopathy, myocarditis, coronary artery disease, etc.

There are good and bad reasons. Marathon runners, x-country skiers both have larger than normal hearts. Athletic heart enlargement is a good thing, your heart is a stronger pump, providing blood and oxygen to working muscles.

Only when the heart is enlarged due to poor blood supply (like people suffering a major heart attack) or high blood pressure (heart never gets a rest) is it bad. In the base of poor blood supply that heart can't empty blood with each heartbeat. The unpumped blood stretches the heart, making it a much worse pump.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 08:31 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Athletic heart enlargement is a good thing, your heart is a stronger pump, providing blood and oxygen to working muscles.
I'm aware of that, that is why I said "Larger heart does not always mean stronger/better heart." However, steroids are a known cause for heart enlargement, and in this case not the good one. In any case, excess weight whether it is fat or muscle, is taking a toll on your heart.

Speaking of side effects, this is one you guys will love...enlarged prostate.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 11:05 PM

Quote:

They have the money to do it under medical attention, private docs. The average joe who wants to get big doesn't and he'll also buy the cheap sh*t like hormones meant for animals.

Doesn't still mean they won't pay for it in the long run.
cheep stuff made for animals is the exact same molecular structure as the "good stuff" for humans as ive been told, and wont have a diffrance in effect or side effects so why would that even be a factor???
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

cheep stuff made for animals is the exact same molecular structure as the "good stuff" for humans as ive been told, and wont have a diffrance in effect or side effects so why would that even be a factor???
Its just as good as the human shit. Anything that is good enough for a million dollar pure bred racing horse is good enough for a human. Its all basically the same shit.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedn88Stang

Its just as good as the human shit. Anything that is good enough for a million dollar pure bred racing horse is good enough for a human. Its all basically the same shit.
looks as if you have done some research my friend............hmmmm......cough cough...eiltefitness.com....cough...cough......
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:24 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Its just as good as human shit.
Bravo, well said!

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?

Bravo, well said!
you said bravo, did you mean brovel???
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 01:44 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

you said bravo, did you mean brovel???
Is "brovel" a word?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Tornell? lol
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

looks as if you have done some research my friend............hmmmm......cough cough...eiltefitness.com....cough...cough......
LOL....Yeah that and www.musclechemistry.com and http://www.steroids101.com/steroid_discussion.htm . Both are very good sites and informative.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:24 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

LOL....Yeah that and www.musclechemistry.com and http://www.steroids101.com/steroid_discussion.htm . Both are very good sites and informative.
I don't advocate the use of steroids, but knowlege on the other hand, is a very powerful bodybuilding tool.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

I totally agree. I have never taken a cycle before and dont know if i ever will, but if they day comes I will at least know what i am doing unlike many people who just get the juice and start shooting it. If you dont research you are just hurting yourself. Thats with Anabolic steroids and supplements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement