AHHHH!!! burning on inner thigh - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

AHHHH!!! burning on inner thigh

Dammit,

I think I stretched (hopefully not a pull) my groin or (inner glute muscle?) it's the muscle to the inner rear of my leg that attaches the the back of my knee and inner pelvis. Since I just got back into doing squats I wanted to see how much I was maxing on tuesday. I took precautions and stretched, did warm up sets and everything. Well I maxed out and felt fine, I knew I was going to be sore the next day. Wednesday comes and I do upper and then rode some bike to try and get some soreness out of my legs, burned a little more than usual in my thighs but I was doing a little harder of a workout . Yesterday (thursday) I wake up and get out of bed, I try to crouch down to the floor and I can just feel that there is something wrong with the muscle.

So what do you guys think? I can still walk on it fine but if I need to bend over and get something I have to keep my legs straight.

Stretched, pulled, just need to rest, how long? I don't want to permanantly hurt myself so I'm trying to keep from using it anymore than I have to

questions or comments, feel free to post up

Thanks,
Jerred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 09:53 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Of course, the best thing to do is go to the doctor specializing in sports medicine, but in leui of that...

Strains/pulls are graded 1 - 3, Grade 1 is mild and heals quickly, Grade 3 is severe and takes possible months to heal.

Grade 1 symptoms include (I'm typing from memory, so most likely I'm leaving some out!): pain, tenderness, decrease strength.

Grade 2 symptoms include: acute pain, spasms, bruising, swelling, marked strength decrease.

Grade 3 symptoms include: complete rupture, interestingly not as much pain due to the tearing of muscle and nerve tissue, marked bruising, swelling, a gap in the muscle, severe spasms, lots of pain on contraction.

Based on what you posted, I'd say you have a Grade 1 strain. If you see bruising or swelling, definetly see a doc.

The RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression,Elevation) protocol is effective treatment.

Rest -> Take a break from activity
Ice -> 20 minutes 3 times a day (but only 20 minutes at a time, you don't want to kill off the cells by freezing them too much!)
Compression -> Use an *ACE* wrap to compress your thigh.
Elevation -> When you can, elevate your thigh above your heart

Aspirin, Ibuprofen or anoter analgesic for pain relief. Take the max on the bottle per day for five days or until pain is gone, which ever is shorter. (don't go out drinking more than 2 beers or so a day during treatment to save your liver!).

Gently stretch the area to the point of discomfort a few times a day.

Don't return to squating until your flexibility returns to pre-injury levels. Could take 3 days, could take 3 weeks with a mild strain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement