ECA vs. natural - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

ECA vs. natural

As I had posted before, I'm trying this diet thing without the use of ECA this time just to see how effective the supplement truly is. On diets past I would be eating exactly the same as I am now, workout 4 days a week, and do an hour of cardio 6-7 days a week. The ECA was always good for an energy boost, but unfortunatley my mood swung a bit as I was "peaking" and "valleying" in between doses. I this plan I usually lose between 5-7 pounds in the first week.

After a brief "growth" phase (i.e. "pig-out phase") I'm starting again, this time mymeal plan has remained unchanged, with exception of the omission of an ECA stack. The workout is still 4 days a week as well, but in an effort to preserve lean mass, I cut cardio back to 30 minutes a day and managed to hit that 4 times this week. I did have a cheat day on Saturday, my Grandfather's b-day, where his food of choice was fried chicken. Not one to be a party pooper, I indulged in a little of the the "sultry poultry" and even had a little cake and ice cream. With beer flowing all day as well, it was definitely one of my better (or is that worse) cheat days to date. When the dust finally settled and I stepped on the scale feeling a little tighter, but I was unsure that I had really made much progress as Saturday was a doozy.

Lo and behold, I was a full 3 pounds lighter than the week before. This is with a major cheat day, less cardio, and not a single ECA tab or even caffiene for that matter. The best part is that there is no worry of crashing when I get off of anything cuz I'm clean. I feel energized throughout the day, my sweets cravings are all but gone, and I'm that much more motivated knowing that it's all me. ECA's are great if you need a little pick-me-up or need a little bit of an appetite suppressant to get good food habits formed, but by far the most important thing to do is to watch your calories, keep them clean, and get your cardio in. Best of all, I still have the 30 bucks in my pocket.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement