Best metabolic enhancement yet... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Best metabolic enhancement yet...

For the first time in a good while I've been on a 100% clean, high-protien diet without the use of an ECA, and I feel great. I'm eating often and every time I put something in my stomach, it ignites a fire that's got me sweating here at work. No mood swings like I used to get using ECA, and though there's an energy drop around 3 p.m. due to the low carbs, it's nothing like the drops associated with ECA. I've always been a proponent of using ECA's if you need that extra little bit of motivation, but by far the best way to go is drug free Energy abounds and I'm not out the 30+ bucks for a bottle of ECA. Also eating so often, I'm always full and don;t have the fatty sugary cravings I usually have when I get "hungry". I've been eatinf clean since Sunday morning, so by next Sunday I'm gonna see what the scale says and compare the losses with what I've experienced on ECA.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Lifer

playahata,

Post up some of your meals...

When it comes to what to eat, I am stupid. I know what kind of calorie intake, carb intake, etc That I need to take in, but I cant make a good meal out of it.

Let me know what you've been eating.

<---just finished first bottle of Hydroxycut, and I would rather save the money and go natural

Shawn
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

I'm pretty redundant when it comes to diet, but it works for me. For me personally, to much variety gets me wanting to cheat more often. A days mealls consist of:

1/2 cup oatmeal (pre-cooked) with a scoop of protien and tablespoon of honey
1 hard-boiled egg
multi-vitamin

Protien shake

1 large chicken breast
1/2 cup oatmeal (pre-cooked)
2 fat-free hotdogs
2 slices fat-free cheese
1 hard-boiled egg

1 Protien bar

1 large chicken breast covered in low-fat red sause and fat-free mozzarella
1 cup mixed veggies

1 protien shake (before bed if needed)

Most people prefer more variety than that, but this diet gets me the protien I need, and just enough carbs to keep the fire stoked. As with any strict diet though, it needs to be mixed up every couple weeks to keep your body from getting used to the calories coming in. I'm alsio only getting 30 minutes of cardio a day, as I am trying to preserve (if not build) lean mass so i don;t expect the losses to be quite what I see on ECA, but given that I break into a mild sweat every time I eat, something good is happening.

Last edited by Big A; 08-28-2002 at 06:54 PM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Lifer

hmmm...

The meals dont actually sound that bad...what does a box of oatmeal cost? I haven't eaten that stuff since I was 3 or 4 years old, and it would probably be a little more appetizing to me now.

Also, is a tuna sandwich a good idea? Or is the bread too big of a carb intake? Maybe a chicken and tuna casserole or something mixed with veggies?

I am really trying to eat better, and I WOULD if I could just think of what to eat.

My problem is the convenience of just taking a bowl of ramen, two slices of bread, some cheese and some turkey and going with that...or just heading to subway, hehe

Is turkey a good idea?

I am really food-stupid I guess you would say. The exercise and workout I've got down, it's my diet that is killing me...

Thanks!
Shawn
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:49 AM
Crash Test Dummy

I agree. I've been off ripped fuel for two weeks now and I don't feel no where as sleepy as I used to around 2pm.

my diet is normally:

breakfast-
cup of coffee with little sugar
eggs and bacon
1/2 cup of grapefruit juice or water

protein shake or Peanut butter sandwhich on lowfat wheat bread. (or both)

lunch-
Chicken breast and green beans or Dickey's barby w/ green beans.

protein shake

dinner-
Meat and veggies and diet coke or the like.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnQ
My problem is the convenience of just taking a bowl of ramen, two slices of bread, some cheese and some turkey and going with that...or just heading to subway, hehe
UNfortunatle protien isn't something you can just find without a little effort. Carbs on the other hand (as you well know) are quite easy to get a hold of, but adequate protien intake is far more impotant to a weightlifter/bodybuilder. Even if your only goal id fat-loss, protien is necessary to maintain the lean mass that you have. Protien shakes are invaluable, as are can's of tuna, by means of convenience, but your main sources of protein need to be turkey, chicken, eggs (watch those yolks), and lean red meat. Just plan and cook ahead.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 02:33 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

EAT MOR CHIKEN
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
EAT MOR CHIKEN
LMAO!

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnQ

I am really food-stupid I guess you would say. The exercise and workout I've got down, it's my diet that is killing me...
THANK YOU!! This is my problem exactly. Actually, I wouldn't say I was "food-stupid" because both of my parents work out everyday, eat great and keep healthy food around. It's just hard for me to actually eat what is good and at a reasonable portion. And there is ALWAYS snacks up here at work so I also have no will power.

What are some good books that contain recipes or good meals to eat to lose weight?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by GTChick01
What are some good books that contain recipes or good meals to eat to lose weight?
I keep my diet really simple so recipes aren't really an issue for me, but at any local book store you can find a myriad of rerences for healthy eating. Even with out a cook book you can "lighten up" many of the things you are already cooking. Stay away from butter, oils, mayo, sourcream, whole milk etc. If you can't stay completely away from them without ruining a recipe, try cutting the amount of it down, or opt for the low-fat/fat-free varieties, every little bit helps.

Your number one priorities in eating healthy should be portion size and meal frequency. I know lifestyle and schedule play heavily into the frequency of your meals, but portion size is well within your control and can make or break a diet. You can eat healthier than anybody around, but stuff your face, and you'll still put on weight "eating right". On the other hand, you can live a little on the decadent side and indulge every so often, yet still maintain a healthy/low bodyfat by watching overall calories and doing a little cardio.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement