How many times a week to work each bldy part? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
My Boy!

How many times a week to work each bldy part?

It seems to be more popular to work each body part only once a week from what I have been reading - is this true? If so, what ever happened to working it 3 times a week like I used to hear several years ago?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 06:37 PM
dispatching aero planes

Just from past experience I have had the best results working out one body part each day of the week, taking one day off in the middle for rest, and the weekend off. Overtraining is just as bad as undertraining. You have had not enough time for your muscles to rebuild if you work them three times a week...that is all you are basically doing when you work out is breaking down the muscle and all of your gains will come from rest. It is a very small line between resting to much, overworking, or undertraining...the best way for yourself is to try varying your workout a little as far as rest is concerned, to see what is best for you.

<----lost 40pds in 2years...(30 pds in the 1st year) and still keeping it off...never did hardly any cardio, just changed the diet and lifted weights, and now I am stuck so looks like I will have to start a cardio program after the holiday's

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 03:50 PM
Hired Hand

If size and strendth are your primary goals then once a week is sufficient to get the job done, just make sure that that one workout warrants not training the bodypart again for a week. If endurance or fat loss are more your concern, training more than once a week might work out better for you. Just be very aware of the signs of over-training and back off if need be before you possibly become counter-productive.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 06:14 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

I work each muscle grouip only 2x a week with two recovery days in between each group. I find when I try to stretch it to 3x a week, I cant lift as much and my intensity falls off. I have to remind myself...Im not a youngster anymore.

Oh and I cheat with abs working them 2-3 times a week.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 08:35 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

once a week works for me.
d.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement