My cousin wants to gain weight, help him out... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

My cousin wants to gain weight, help him out...

He weighs in at about 137lbs, and he is about 5'7 or 5'8. He's 23, and probably not going to grow anymore...so he is kind of small, average I guess.

However, he has a disease called Chrons syndrome (SP?). It is a digestive/stomach disorder, and it makes him do #2 a WHOLE LOT, lol, so he has trouble gaining weight because fatty foods and greasy stuff is bad for him (hard to digest), so he can't eat it.

Here's what I told him: Take protein shakes (not sure on how many Grams), and eat EVERYTHING in sight that wont mess up his stomach...Since we have started working out, he has put on about 10lbs (about 3 months), and that is not water weight. He ranges from 137 to 142 lbs, so I went with the lowest weight to prevent water weight.

Anyways, he is PONDERING taking roids, and I would strongly advise him not to, but he is kind of hard headed. Anyone have any ideas on what he can do to bulk up?

BTW, he is strong as shit for his size, he lifts ALMOST as much as me...and I am 195 and about 6', benching about 280 two times. He can get 235 once, if you saw him you'd be suprised. He is toned as can be, but not bulky.

Also, a recommendation on a good protein/weight gainer would help, as well as how much protein to take.

I'm just trying to shy him away from the juice...

Thanks
Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement