Interesting Diet facts and formulas - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

Interesting Diet facts and formulas

To get your body into a proper metabolism rate where you lose body fat, you need to take in 12 cals / # of body weight.

To lose weight, you need about (.66 X # of body weight) FL ozs of water.

You should eat 6 meals / day.
A good diet for this would be 30% carbs, 30% fat, 40% protein.

1 gram of fat = 9 calories
1 gram of carbs = 4 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories
1 half liter bottle of water = 17 FL oz

Here's how it works for me.

I weighed 242 pounds this morning.

Calories needed: 2904
Water needed: 160 FL oz - or 9.4 bottles of water
6 meals / 2904 calories = 484 calories / meal

Each meal should contain:
48.4 grams of protein
36.3 grams of carbs
16.1 grams of fat

No wonder some people have such a hard time losing weight or maintaining a good body fat ratio!

As I've read before in many places - Abs aren't made @ the gym, they are created in the kitchen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Crash Test Dummy

6 meals a day $ 48g protein a pop!?

You'd better get a professional cook and have lots of money. That's too hard for the average joe.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
6 meals a day $ 48g protein a pop!?

You'd better get a professional cook and have lots of money. That's too hard for the average joe.
Yea. I can't even imagine how much food that is for the bodybuilders that are out to gain mega-mass or maintaine it.

Im using the "Eat a couple cans of tuna, a protein drink, lots of ECA stack, and 750 calories of cardio in the morning" method.

Its cheap, reliable, and I can work on maintaining the weight once I've lost it.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:01 PM
Make 7 Up Yours

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil
Its cheap, reliable, and I can work on maintaining the weight once I've lost it.
I saw you post about the Hydroxycut...are you still using that stuff and what if any effects did it have on you..i.e; make you wired, stuff like that.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:07 PM
Chick with a Dick

Yah, I lost 13 lbs in under 2wks on the high protein diet.

breakfast: 2 eggs / 2 bacon / grapefruit juice

lunch & dinner: all the meat / green veggies I could eat.

I also added a baked potato w/ fat free sour cream at dinner to satisfy my carb calling. The first few days I also added some crackers w/lunch cause I thought I'd die.

I only drink diet coke, so no sugar is easy. I remained that weight until last year when I got sick.

Today I'm wanting to lose 15 lbs and build back up in muscle. But I have so many factors keeping me from working out as much as I'd like to. All of my computer work, my whacky schedule, and my bad foot. So I just do 45 mins of cardio 3-4 times a week on a machine designed not to hurt my foot. Good thing I don't set high standards for my body any more.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:08 PM
Foxbody King

your already to skinny!! you need some meat on your bones girl

2003 cobra DSG
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:10 PM
Chick with a Dick

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteboy
your already to skinny!! you need some meat on your bones girl
Ahhhhhhh....and you wonder why I put up with your shit. Because every now and then one of your lies are really nice.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Foxbody King

wasnt a lie

2003 cobra DSG
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Lifer

hopeless romantics

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by AnesthesiA

I saw you post about the Hydroxycut...are you still using that stuff and what if any effects did it have on you..i.e; make you wired, stuff like that.
I don't use HydroxyCut any more. Its too $$. Im using Rip Fuel Extreme, which has all the same ingredients as Hydroxycut and Xenadrine RFA-1.

However, I noticed they all lowered the amount of standardized ephedrine to 20mg in each serving. Rip Fuel Extreme is 2 caps per serving, so I take 3 to get 30 mg in the morn and another 3 5 hours later.

At first, I felt real jittery. Just like it used to make me a long time ago when the ephedrine wasn't so low. Now, 2 weeks later, I've grown accustomed to 3 caps / serving. Next week, Im adding another cap for a total of 40mg / serving.

I don't feel weird or jittery right now and I do ok getting to sleep. My appetite has been sufficiently suppressed while on it also. Between watching my diet (its not so great, but not so bad either), 50 mins of cardio in the mornings (4-5 times / wk), Im dropping weight pretty nicely.

As far as the amount of ephedrine thats healthy, most body builders take an ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack with 120mgE/400mgC and 700mgA divided in 2 individual doses.

the Rip Fuel Extreme @ 3 caps gives me 30mg E / 300mg C and I have no clue whatsoever on the WhiteWillowBark - aspirin derivitive. I'll just start taking a single aspirin which has 325mg / tablet. I have been forgetting to do so, rather than assuming the willowbark really = aspirin, although there doesn't seem to be any mention of willowbark on the aspirin bottle!

either way, hope that helps. Theres other products out there, and you can order the ingredients individually and make your own ECA stack. For me, this works and is easy and cheap enough.

(all prices are from Smoothie Factory)
Rip fuel extreme is 23 bucks for 60 servings (120 caps).
Hydroxycut was about $35 for 46.6 servings (140 caps /3 per serving).
Xenadrine is about $27.50.

Rip Fuel Xtreme: 20 mgE / 200mgC per serving | $.38 / serving
Hydroxycut: 20mgE / 200mgC per serving | $.76 / serving
Xenadrine RFA-1: 20.1mgE / 200mgC per serving / $.46 / serving
Equate Aspirin - 300 tabs @ 325mg / bottle. $3.00 / bottle = $.01 / serving.

So, you do the math. In the end, you really just want an ECA stack. RFX was the best / buck. Im sure there are some generic equivalents out there somewhere even cheaper.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 10:10 AM
Hired Hand

The main down-side I have found to taking ECA is getting off of it. I have always experienced a couple days of mild depression when cycling off, so I try to prepare for it and be mentally aware, so that comfort foods don't put the weight back on. Don't get me wrong, ECAs are great for motivation and energy, but far more important is a solid dietary plan and adequate cardiovascular exercise.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 10:43 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: Interesting Diet facts and formulas

Quote:
To lose weight, you need about (.66 X # of body weight) FL ozs of water.
If you are active in your cardio, or are on your feet alot at work, I'd say you would need a factor of almost an oz. of water per lb of body weight.

Water is usually the missing ingredient to alot of fat loss plans and the easiest to add. Just like any other habit, drinking more water per day takes a few weeks to get used to, but after that, you are carrying around a jug.

It takes 4 grams of H20 to metabolize 1 gram of fat. If the water ain't there, the fat isn't getting metabolized.

Caffeine in diet drinks actually work to dehydrate you, which inhibits the fat loss mechanisms in the body.

Usually, when people just modify their diet as suggested in the original post, they will find they lose weight. The problem lies in the "crash diets" where you are losing both fat and lean mass. Because most of what you gain back after the crash diet will be only fat. So the net effect is you increased your body fat %, even though you lost ("I lost 15 pounds and only gained 10 back" syndrome).
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

Playahata - I experience the same crash. Actually, I crash daily after the 2nd dose. When it wears off, i crash, but I refuse to take any after 4:30 or 5:00 pm unless I plan on going to sleep @ 4:00 am the next morn. I have a very adequate cardio regimen. Im also doing heavy weight resistance in the afternoons.

I use heavy weights and less reps to tear shit up. I could care less about the do many reps at a lower weight. That shit don't work for me.

01WhiteCobra - The water is sooo important. Its also sooo hard to maintain that much water. I've only taken in 2.5 bottles (42.5 oz) of water so far today. Plus 12 oz of diet big red.

Just changing your diet doesn't help as much. Its also equally important to eat 5/6 times / day. Otherwise, you get too many calories in one sitting and your body stores what it doesnt use. That why eating 2/3 times a day isnt good. Normally, people overeat @ lunch and dinner.

Im not so worried about the muscle mass loss right now. First of all, ECA stacks have been proven to be anti-catabolic. So while taking an ECA stack and not getting enough calories/nutrients, your body will not go after muscle like it would on the ECA stack. Its another reason why the bodybuilders use it so often. The last thing they want to do is lose muscle mass.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 04:18 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

01WhiteCobra - The water is sooo important. Its also sooo hard to maintain that much water. I've only taken in 2.5 bottles (42.5 oz) of water so far today. Plus 12 oz of diet big red.

Just changing your diet doesn't help as much. Its also equally important to eat 5/6 times / day. Otherwise, you get too many calories in one sitting and your body stores what it doesnt use. That why eating 2/3 times a day isnt good. Normally, people overeat @ lunch and dinner.

That is what I meant by changing your diet, eating 5-6 (or 6-7 for me) smaller meals a day, balanced.

The water thing took me awhile to get used to. Since I tend to do lots of cardio type workouts each day, I'm also replenishing lots of water leaking out. A good 9 mile run will lose me 3-4 lbs of water. I'm at about 130oz today so far, with 32oz in a bottle staring at me.

The other nice thing about a high protein diet is protein is the only macro-nutrient that will not be converted to fat. Just make sure your water intake is high, to flush those kidneys out with a high-protein diet.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Chick with a Dick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 96BluOvl
hopeless romantics
ROFLMAO!!!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 04:30 PM
STEP UP !

Where did you get this info on the Formulas?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement