Tired all the time???? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
My Boy!

Tired all the time????

I got a friend that has been working out for a while with fairly high intensity. He eats plenty of calories for gaining and takes several whey protein shakles a day mixed with steak dinners and such. He has made visibly great gains. He seems to lately be tired all the time for some reason though and has not really changed his diet. Is there something he may be missing on the diet thing? He mentioned that it seems like he just lost about 3 lbs also. Any ideas? He is not on here and I thought I'd ask for him. I can relay any questions you have to him if you can shed any light.

Thanks
Todd

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 02:44 AM
dispatching aero planes

did he up his carb intake with the amount of protien??

1.5g carbs per pound
1.0g protien per pound

he should still be gaining, and not shedding alot of weight...I feel down when I don't have enough carbs in my system...kinda like the people who did the atkins diet..they felt sluggish but weren't allowed to have any carbs.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 11:44 AM
mannish boy

how long has it been since he took a week off?

if it's been more than a couple months, he will benefit from taking a week or so off... he'll come back stronger.

Forrest

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:51 PM

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:30 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: Tired all the time????

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
I got a friend that has been working out for a while with fairly high intensity. He eats plenty of calories for gaining and takes several whey protein shakles a day mixed with steak dinners and such. He has made visibly great gains. He seems to lately be tired all the time for some reason though and has not really changed his diet. Is there something he may be missing on the diet thing? He mentioned that it seems like he just lost about 3 lbs also. Any ideas? He is not on here and I thought I'd ask for him. I can relay any questions you have to him if you can shed any light.

Thanks
Todd
Todd, if he hasn't changed his workout or eating habits and is now losing weight (instead of maintaining or gaining as before), my first bet would be he is over training.

I'd suggest taking off a few days, stay away from the gym, and see if his motivation/energy comes back.

If it doesn't, then I'd see if he had any change in his diet (added some new food/supplement?). My next guess would be he possibly had a food alergy to something he added to his diet.

If that doesn't work, I'd tell him to go see a doc and get some blood work done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement