cheap good gym - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Served Time

cheap good gym

I am fat with a capital F. I used to work out all the time before the M word. Used to be able to bench an olympic set (305lbs?) a couple of times. Where is a good cheap gym. All opinions welcome. I live close to Frankford/Marsh. Work in Garland. I want to get in better shape.

Scott D.
2004 GTO LS1 baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 10:58 AM

Gym..

I work at a gym on buckingham and garland road next to that panchos. It use to be a texas gym but it is now called a health depot. ITs 25 bucks a month with no contracts. 25 bucks u work out for a month. Its pretty simple.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Hired Hand

If you are talking about having 20% bodyfat or more, I'd suggest just saving the money on a gym right now and work on improving your diet and finding a park to walk/jog/bike/rollerblade in. Thenm when you gotten the bodyfat down a bit and learned how to eat a bit cleaner, then plunge into a gym membership. No offense, but don't get a membership until you are sure you are gonna use it. Gyms make alot of money from "seasonal" fitness enthusiasts

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Served Time

Thanks. No offense taken. Eating is not my problem. It's the BEER! I have the typical beer gut. I figured cutting down on the beer and increasing my activity levels to start. Then hit the weights.

Scott D.
2004 GTO LS1 baby!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 12:24 AM

Good Point!!

Playahata definitely has a good point about the eating suggestion. But like i said the gym im at is cheap, but you pay for what u get. All it has is what u need. Treadmills, free weights and some machines with a dumbell set from twenties to 120's. Like i said its only 25 bucks a month and there is no contracts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement