Home Gym Recomendations - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Twice Is Nice

Home Gym Recomendations

Hey guys I wanted to post up a message to say hello since this is my first time to post up on this part of the DFWstangs board and to get some input from some of you.

My wife and I are looking to get a home gym system and we have looked around a little bit at some of the places around here. We want some thing that is fairly high quality but not outrageously expensive. I would like to keep it to around $1000 total including weights. We have found a couple around that fit in our budget but just wanted to check in here to see if anyone had any other recommendations.

Thanks,
Cody

Cody Hindman
2001 GT Kenne Bell SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 09:22 PM
Lifer

Thumbs up

I have been thinking the same thing. I would check out www.fitnessfactory.com there price's are low and they also have free shipping. I would give them a call and request a Catalog. If you request it thru the internet it will take longer.
They also advertise alot on Muscle&Fitness Magazine.
Hope this helps?

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 08:52 PM
dispatching aero planes

join a gym close to your house...and save money.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 12:28 AM

My opinion....

I work out at a gym just cause i hate being at home. ( im still at home wit the family) But my friend has a Bowflex, and they are kinda pricey but work hella good. I was pretty sore the day after with a chest routine and the ab work outs are insane. The restraint they put on u after every rep will seriously kick your ass. If u are trying to lose weight or get cut, i recommend it all the way.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 01:04 AM
Foxaholic

To be honest, I would buy a flat bench and a Powerblock set. You can do a hell of a workout with just those items. We use the Powerblocks at the gym where I work and they are excellent. They take up very little room. Powerblock
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 02:50 AM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad89stang
To be honest, I would buy a flat bench and a Powerblock set. You can do a hell of a workout with just those items. We use the Powerblocks at the gym where I work and they are excellent. They take up very little room. Powerblock

the powerblock is badass, but once you graduate from the 85's you spent a lot of money.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:11 AM
Foxaholic

For 99% of the people working out, the powerblocks are plenty heavy. Most spend too little time above 85 to necessitate buying huge dumbbells. You can make up for it by doing extra slow reps and supersets. I doubt his wife is going to be throwing around 110's on dumbbell chest press. Although many of us workouts fanatics can easily press 85 or more, I have yet to see a client of mine use anything close to that.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Twice Is Nice

Thanks for all of the replys. We went with a system from oshmans. We got a pretty good deal on it too. Here is the system if you want to check it out, it is listed at $1099 but we didn't pay near that. We assembled it last night, it is very solid for a home system. I still have to get a bar and more plates but I think it is going to work out well.

Thanks,
Cody
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Twice Is Nice

Quote:
Originally posted by RCobracon94
join a gym close to your house...and save money.
Yes, it would save a littl up front but, I look at buying equiptment as saving money, we would have paid around $700 for a gym membership for both of us for one year, this system will allow us to train for years to come for just a little more money.

Cody
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Twice Is Nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra#2885
I have been thinking the same thing. I would check out www.fitnessfactory.com there price's are low and they also have free shipping. I would give them a call and request a Catalog. If you request it thru the internet it will take longer.
They also advertise alot on Muscle&Fitness Magazine.
Hope this helps?
Yea, I have seen them too. Looks like they have pretty good prices, and free shipping that has to be EXPENSIVE for all the weight. But this system at oshmans worked out for us so we went with it.

Cody
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Twice Is Nice

Quote:
I have tried the powerblock and I did not like them really well, I am sure they work fine, but it just felt wierd to me.

Cody
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Twice Is Nice

Quote:
For 99% of the people working out, the powerblocks are plenty heavy. Most spend too little time above 85 to necessitate buying huge dumbbells. You can make up for it by doing extra slow reps and supersets. I doubt his wife is going to be throwing around 110's on dumbbell chest press.
Hehe, that is really funny, she barley weighs 110 much less dumbell press 110.

Quote:
Although many of us workouts fanatics can easily press 85 or more, I have yet to see a client of mine use anything close to that.
Do you do personal training? Where do you work?

Thanks,
Cody
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Foxaholic

I have been personal training for 6 years. I work at 4.0 studio in Dallas. Check it out here...
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 04:32 AM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:
I have been personal training for 6 years. I work at 4.0 studio in Dallas. Check it out here...

kinda looks like that gym is too upscale for my blood..lol
I like the old iron weights, I see you live in North Richland Hills so if you ever want to hit up the gym I go to Womacks...let me know I can probably get you a pass.
-Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement