Another metabolism booster... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Another metabolism booster...

I'm about to be off Hydroxycut in 3 days because I've taken it for about 6 weeks now. Is there anything else I could take to speed up my metabolism and give me energy like hydroxycut does? Also I've heard of Pyruvate and Metabolics...what exactly are those and what do they do for you? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Xenadrine RFA-1 by cytodyne labs or Tetracal by betastatin labs..
both you can get from www.fit-rx.com
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Time Served

Not trying to preach here but keep in mind these weight loss / energy boosters usually contain chemicals that are harmful to your body. All they are, in one form or another, pills that contain ephedrine and caffeine.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
Xenadrine RFA-1 by cytodyne labs or Tetracal by betastatin labs..
both you can get from www.fit-rx.com

I took Xenadrine before I took Hydroxycut, and I like Hydroxycut a lot more. I think it works better and it gives me a lot of energy in the gym.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by FbodLover

I took Xenadrine before I took Hydroxycut, and I like Hydroxycut a lot more. I think it works better and it gives me a lot of energy in the gym.
It also works in essentially the same way, so taking it would defeat the purpose of getting off of the ECA. I always make a point to go completely "clean" (besides protien shakes and a multi-vitamin) for atleast two weeks after taking something like Hydroxycut. It helps clean the body out and makes it less likely to become mentally dependent on anything. If you tell yourself you need to be taking something all the time that's not a good thing.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

i tried to take hydroxycut, but soemthign in it didnt agree with me. With in 30 min of taking it i had a splitting headache I had my blood pressure checked and everythign was normal. it would make me feel sick and light headed.. Xenadrine doesnt do this to me.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata

It also works in essentially the same way, so taking it would defeat the purpose of getting off of the ECA. I always make a point to go completely "clean" (besides protien shakes and a multi-vitamin) for atleast two weeks after taking something like Hydroxycut. It helps clean the body out and makes it less likely to become mentally dependent on anything. If you tell yourself you need to be taking something all the time that's not a good thing.

I know, I'm going to get off of supplements for a little while, but I am asking what else could I take after I wait 2 weeks to boost my metabolism and give me energy in the gym?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I know, I'm going to get off of supplements for a little while, but I am asking what else could I take after I wait 2 weeks to boost my metabolism and give me energy in the gym?
Lots of fruits, berries, water... Carbonhydrates, especially fibers (oatmeal, mysli, dark bread etc.).

If those things aren't enough and you feel you need to take something, I would suggest caffeine pills, that way you would at least get off from Ephedrine.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sami

Lots of fruits, berries, water... Carbonhydrates, especially fibers (oatmeal, mysli, dark bread etc.).

If those things aren't enough and you feel you need to take something, I would suggest caffeine pills, that way you would at least get off from Ephedrine.

eating lots of fruits and carbs are counterproductive if you are trying to get rippped.. espeialy fruits .... most of them are very high in sugar carbs which goes straight to your waist.

be VERY carefull of which carbs you take in and stay away from sugar carbs.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Sami

I want a supplement to help me speed up my metabolism. I know my metabolism is higher now that I workout a lot, but it used to be very slow. I don't want to eat too many carbs, but I know they give you energy.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I want a supplement to help me speed up my metabolism. I know my metabolism is higher now that I workout a lot, but it used to be very slow. I don't want to eat too many carbs, but I know they give you energy.
Then your answer is fibers. Lots of grain products.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

One word, Oatmeal.

It's easy to make and is a great medium burning carb. Add the fruit of your choice or a tablespoon of pure honey if eating it plain is too bland, and you have a great snack that will last you a while. Going too low on a low carb diet can be detrimental, as it has a way of slowing your metabolism. Keep things moving with slow burning carbs like oatmeal, yams, potatoes, rice, and a little whole-grain pasta. Stay away from sugar, bread, and regular pastas as they burn quick and settle on the hips even faster.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

One word, Oatmeal.
Do you have to get the plain oatmeal? What about the oatmeal that's pre-made w/ the many different flavors?
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

Do you have to get the plain oatmeal? What about the oatmeal that's pre-made w/ the many different flavors?
I get plain "Quick Oats", the package stuff has too much sugar. Honey and fruit are just as good, and better for you than the refined stuff in the packages.

Last edited by Big A; 06-12-2002 at 05:22 PM.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Aaron, what do Pyruvate and Metabolics do for you? Thanks for all your help too.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 05:16 PM
Time Served

Quote:
One word, Oatmeal.
I eat oatmeal with frozen berries (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry etc.), get both fibers and vitamins at the same time.

I also have found that sugars don't really harm me that much, as long as I'm active and burn them fast. It's the fat that kills me. Everyone is different though.

If there was a good supplement out there, I'd be happy to use it. But there isn't and I have decided not to poison my body so I'll have to do it the hard way.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Aaron, what do Pyruvate and Metabolics do for you? Thanks for all your help too.
I took Pyrvate over the last month while on Hydroxycut and lost 6 pounds. That's about what I expected, but I really don't see that the pyruvate helped me get any lighter ('cept in the wallet maybe).

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 05:34 PM

Quote:
...but I really don't see that the pyruvate helped me get any lighter ('cept in the wallet maybe).
Welcome to the wonderful worth of supplements.....I haven't tried hydroxycut, but I have used stacker 2. I'm curious how the two would parallel. I know $$$ wise stacker is a LOT cheaper, but I've had some decent success with it. Ash, you may stop by GNC or something (I think eckerds sells it too) and pick up a small bottle, I think they're like 18 bucks, and see what YOU think.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCPop

Ash, you may stop by GNC or something (I think eckerds sells it too) and pick up a small bottle, I think they're like 18 bucks, and see what YOU think.
I might try it, but won't buy anything from GNC again. They mark up their products too much.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCPop
I haven't tried hydroxycut, but I have used stacker 2. I'm curious how the two would parallel.
It's essentially a cheaper version of the same stuff. Ephedrine, caffiene, and aspirin. Don't take it Ash, until you are "clean" if your plan is to do so.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 01:05 AM
XL

all that shit is just legal speed. it would be healthier to do the real shit.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 09:18 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by laced dayquil
it would be healthier to do the real shit.
Not hardly, ECAs pale in comparison to the addictive properties of "the real shit". Not to mention how much higher your heart rate soars, that alone can be quite dangerous. I don't disagree that many metabolic enhancers can have a speed-like effect on the body, but using cocaine or methamphetamine to lose a little weight isn't something I'd suggest.

Last edited by Big A; 06-17-2002 at 09:26 AM.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 09:37 AM
Time Served

Quote:
but using cocaine or methamphetamine to lose a little weight isn't something I'd suggest.
I agree 100% but it isn't healthy to use these supplements either. May not be as dangerous but they are still quite harmful.

One more thing about losing weight...stay away from white bread. In case someone didn't know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement