Week 3 update - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Week 3 update

Well, I'm off of the Hydroxycut as of Sunday evening, so we'll see if I can keep going in the right direction without the stimulants. It was a bit difficult to get up the past two mornings and energy in the gym has been less than optimal, but that's to be expected when weening away from ECA. I gained a little weight back too. I'm back up to 195, but the mirror and pinch test say it's either water or muscle so I'm not too dissappointed. 6 pounds after three weeks isn't bad at all, but I'm feeling a bit impatient, as I wanna reach my goals yesterday. I'm still confident though, that even in the absence of hydroxycut I'll get there. Now somebody grab me a pillow, I need a nap...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 10:33 PM
Lifer

what's the 'mirror and pinch test'?

Is this a way to see what the extra weight is?

I seem to fluctuate about 5-10 lbs daily, but I drink a ton of water all day...it may be why. I seem a LOT skinnier when I wake up then when I go to sleep for some reason also..

Shawn

Semper Paratus - Proudly serving in the USCG
----------------------------------------------------------
1991 LX Coupe 5.0 - Bimini on Black - Mostly stock Weekend driver
1985 LX Coupe 5.0 - Still in pieces
2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium - Wife's Ride
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnQ
what's the 'mirror and pinch test'?

Is this a way to see what the extra weight is?
I just meant that, even though I was heavier on the scale, the mirror doesn't show any extra bodyfat and my skin feels as tight as it was a week ago. Weight alone is not a good measure of body composition.

Quote:
I seem to fluctuate about 5-10 lbs daily, but I drink a ton of water all day...it may be why. I seem a LOT skinnier when I wake up then when I go to sleep for some reason also..
That's why I suggest weighing only once per week, and at the same time of day. Water weight fluctuates constantly, but is usually on a daily cycle if you water intake and diet are fairly constant. You are lighter in the morning because your body processes all the water retained the night before and it's expelled first thing in the morning.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata

I just meant that, even though I was heavier on the scale, the mirror doesn't show any extra bodyfat and my skin feels as tight as it was a week ago. Weight alone is not a good measure of body composition.

I got sick of looking at the scale because to me it's almost pointless. I can't say I don't still look at the scale, but I can't tell how much fat I'm loosing and how much muscle I'm gaining. I am going to get a body fat test done Thursday at my gym. I think that's the best way to tell if you're loosing fat, and/or gaining muscle etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement