post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Do they make weighted clothing?

heavy socks, heavier shirts etc. . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 11:11 AM

Yeah....it's called armor.

Seriously though, I see some people wear sweat clothes so that they get soaked. Just make sure not to overheat yourself.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
Yeah....it's called armor.
LMFAO!!! Thanks.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Hired Hand

Can't say that I've heard of weighted clothing, but they do sell bands to go around your ankles and wrists. It's more for the aerobics side of training, but I suppose there might be some minimal benefit for the un-trained person to wear on a daily basis.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

I was more or less looking for something that would make a person move quicker with them off. For instance, someone throwing punches at a punching bag all day is going to get used to a certain pull/speed. Have another person training with some added weight on the arm for the same amount of time and when the person that takes off the weights throws the same punches, his are most likely going to be an ass load quicker. Make sense?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Hired Hand

If it's punching you are talking about specifically, get some boxing gloves and sew in a weight. If it's running speed your after, sprinters sometimes train with a specifically designed parachute for that benefit.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata
If it's running speed your after, sprinters sometimes train with a specifically designed parachute for that benefit.
I want my legs to have more umpfh out of them so I can pop my deck higher. I dont want to run around with a fucking parachute on my back though LOL!! I think swimming might help, but I would also like to be quicker up top too. Sigh, I'm getting to old
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 06:23 PM
Hired Hand

Sounds like repetition is what you are looking for. The standing high-jump is good for developing that explosive power you are looking for, but you have to train to get there. That means a consistent program, not just jumping up 6 times and calling it a workout. The parachute is a vary viable solution, but by the way you immediately dismissed the idea, I think you are looking for a non-existent solution, it takes work to make gains like you want... For upper-body, shadow-boxing could be of some benefit, and even (dare I say it) aerobics classes can do quite a bit by upping your stamina, allowing for quicker recovery and more over-all power.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 12:30 AM

as for jumping:
my vert increased at least 6 or 7 inches when I started to get serious w/ sqauts and straight leg deads. If you are crazy you could try jump squats but they seem to risky for me. I hear they work wonders though.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 08:57 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

I have a piece of clothing that looks likea bullet proof vest. It weighs 20lbs. Basicaly, it covers your entire torso. You want to be carefull with hand and ankle weights. Any weights REally close to your joints will put unneeded stress on the joints and mess them up. I bought my weighted vest at oshmans for $100.
d.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Twice Is Nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata
Sounds like repetition is what you are looking for. The standing high-jump is good for developing that explosive power you are looking for, but you have to train to get there. That means a consistent program, not just jumping up 6 times and calling it a workout. The parachute is a vary viable solution, but by the way you immediately dismissed the idea, I think you are looking for a non-existent solution, it takes work to make gains like you want... For upper-body, shadow-boxing could be of some benefit, and even (dare I say it) aerobics classes can do quite a bit by upping your stamina, allowing for quicker recovery and more over-all power.
I am very interested in more info on a program to help my verticle too. I play a lot of B-Ball and would love to add a couple more inches to my "up's".

What type of reps would you remommend for the standing high-jump.

Thanks,
Cody
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 02:01 PM
Twice Is Nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar
as for jumping:
my vert increased at least 6 or 7 inches when I started to get serious w/ sqauts and straight leg deads. If you are crazy you could try jump squats but they seem to risky for me. I hear they work wonders though.
That is awesome! I would pay good money to add 6" to my verticle. Can you give me some details about the weight and repition of your program to get those gains?

Thanks,
Cody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement