Exercise Weight loss energy.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
truster of no one

Exercise Weight loss energy..

im 38 and would like to lose some of the gut.. the last 2 weeks ive been doing about 100 pushups or more a day.. (when i stop at one place on my job i do 20-25 pushups then i get to the next place and do another 20-25 etc..) i drive a truck from E texas to Ft Worth twice a day so thats my excerise.. i was on hydroxycut for one bottle but didnt see much improvement..

any more tips.. i cant really do the healthy diet thing but ive cut back the sodas two maybe one a week.. and eat a big dinner..

when the slim extreme was available i lost 12lbs the first 2 weeks with no excercise but cant get it anymore..i tried lean efx but nothing..

TRUE TEN 5 Stock Suspension Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
The first, the original

what i've learned and has worked for me and most people....

Changing your metabolism is going to be your best benefit. Eating smaller portions, but more often. Doing this along with exercise after about 3 weeks trains your body. I weigh every night before bed and when I wake up. That's dry, naked weight after bm/pee. I am on my 4th week of running 3 miles every morning (before work and breakfast) up and down some crazy hills and I am seeing the results. I've lost 8 pounds so far. I'm not starving either. I've had my beer, soda, fajitas, etc so I'm not totally depriving myself. Don't tell yourself you can't have something, it will just piss you off and steal your motivation. You can have anything in moderation. I am getting a kick out of seeing the progress. I have lost 33 lbs this year so far. Your body will adapt. The energy will come to you. The appetite will curb. You will get results.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
truster of no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
what i've learned and has worked for me and most people....

Changing your metabolism is going to be your best benefit. Eating smaller portions, but more often. Doing this along with exercise after about 3 weeks trains your body. I weigh every night before bed and when I wake up. That's dry, naked weight after bm/pee. I am on my 4th week of running 3 miles every morning (before work and breakfast) up and down some crazy hills and I am seeing the results. I've lost 8 pounds so far. I'm not starving either. I've had my beer, soda, fajitas, etc so I'm not totally depriving myself. Don't tell yourself you can't have something, it will just piss you off and steal your motivation. You can have anything in moderation. I am getting a kick out of seeing the progress. I have lost 33 lbs this year so far. Your body will adapt. The energy will come to you. The appetite will curb. You will get results.
like i was saying im on the road 50 -70 hrs a week and i like to snack on stuff.. my fav is psatios.. im trying to stick to the push ups everyday

TRUE TEN 5 Stock Suspension Mustang

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Lifer

Simple math...
Calories in must be less than calories out (burned) and you will lose weight. Self control has to be learned first...once you get that figured out, losing weight is very easy.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 07:28 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

When ur hungry drink a glass of water and wait ten minutes. Snack on a chicken breast.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 08:24 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Or stop eating fatty nuts ect. When you want a snack eat beef jerkey.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFordCobra View Post
Or stop eating fatty nuts ect. When you want a snack eat beef jerkey.
Fatty nuts are good for you.

OP, why can't you eat a healthy diet? Planning and preparation is all it takes.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Fatty nuts are good for you.

OP, why can't you eat a healthy diet? Planning and preparation is all it takes.
Sure they are...in moderation.
I actually quit all nutts about 10 weeks ago(mainly due to the caloric content and the amount that I ate).
At that time, I was consuming 1-2 cans of natural peanut butter a week, which equates to around 7,000 calories that I was over consuming.

Healthy diet plan and weight loss = requires work and time, which a lot of people don't want to put forth and just want the easy way out, hence the OP praising the "magic pills" in his previous posts on here.

Last edited by Stangin4Lyfe; 10-27-2010 at 09:31 AM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
I actually quit all nutts about 10 weeks ago(mainly due to the caloric content and the amount that I ate).
At that time, I was consuming 1-2 cans of natural peanut butter a week, which equates to around 7,000 calories that I was over consuming.

Healthy diet plan and weight loss = requires work and time, which a lot of people don't want to put forth and just want the easy way out, hence the OP praising the "magic pills" in his previous posts on here.
Water is good for you unless you drink too much.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You don't say?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 10:03 AM
tex
Lifer

That's really all I got out of your post.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post

Same here...I've been trying to pack on the calories and bulk all summer using peanutbutter and just now quit because it was fkn clogging me up lol. Stopped eatinmg it all the time and I feel better! But yes I agree with tex nuts are good ut just dont eat 1 1/2 lb of them a day or you will have alot of trouble getting it off if you are not a runner like us haha!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
That's really all I got out of your post.
rofl..!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Very Interesting

5 - 300 calorie "meals" a day spaced out every 4 hours

Assuming you're driving 10 hours a day starting at 6am:

Eat at 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm, and 10pm

That's a 1500 calorie diet, and probably as low as anyone should go. If you aren't really getting any sort of exercise/cardio then 1500 calories should be your goal for weight loss.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I am sure you will never drink to the point of the "too much" scale.

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

its really difficult to drink too much water unless you are being hazed by college students
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Lifer

See what you did TEX!!! lol
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
tex
Lifer

Holy fucking christ!

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 04:04 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Holy fucking christ!

Come on, are you really surprised?
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 04:43 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Come on, are you really surprised?
I don't know Mach, but ARH surprised me.

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboten5 View Post
im 38 and would like to lose some of the gut.. the last 2 weeks ive been doing about 100 pushups or more a day.. (when i stop at one place on my job i do 20-25 pushups then i get to the next place and do another 20-25 etc..) i drive a truck from E texas to Ft Worth twice a day so thats my excerise.. i was on hydroxycut for one bottle but didnt see much improvement..

any more tips.. i cant really do the healthy diet thing but ive cut back the sodas two maybe one a week.. and eat a big dinner..

when the slim extreme was available i lost 12lbs the first 2 weeks with no excercise but cant get it anymore..i tried lean efx but nothing..

maybe try sit-ups instead of push-ups? just an idea. also try oxy elite pro by usp labs. that shit works!! i would also eat your biggest meal at the beginning of your day rather than eating it at night.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 AM
The first, the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboten5 View Post
like i was saying im on the road 50 -70 hrs a week and i like to snack on stuff.. my fav is psatios.. im trying to stick to the push ups everyday
Sorry, I didn't see in your post about all the driving hours. Nonetheless, some good advice in the thread from folks that know more than me
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Simple math...
Calories in must be less than calories out (burned) and you will lose weight. Self control has to be learned first...once you get that figured out, losing weight is very easy.
+1,000,000

It is that simple.

As far your as work schedule... welcome to the club. Granted I don't have to drive a truck and I get to work from home but work time is work time. I train for ultramarathons (any distance over 26.2 miles) and long distance triathlons.

Any where from 10-15 hours a week of training to a peak of 20-25 hours a week of training on top of work and family.

I'm up 6 out of 7 mornings at 4:30am and get in running and biking before 8. Swimming/weights at night. 12-15 workouts a week. When I'm peaking for a race I'm about at 4 and running with a headlamp.

I also travel about 30% of the year and I make sure I get a hotel with a pool, weight room with treadmill (in case I'm a pussy and don't want to run outside like when I go to Detroit) and a frig in the room.

As far as the nuts go nuts are very beneficial to your diet but like anything else moderation is the key. Take a small igloo cooler with you and fill it with fruits, veggies, nuts and other health snacks.

There are two keys to a fat loss diet most people miss. Enough fiber in their diet and enough water.

You should be taking in about 1 ounce of water for every two pounds of body weight. There are studies out there that show the thirst and hunger sensation are tied together so you might be eating when you really are thirsty. Drink some water and wait a few minutes. You may find you are full. It also takes 4 grams of water to metabolize 1 gram of fat. If you don't have enough water available you won't be metabolizing fat.

Fiber helps you feel fuller and also helps move dietary fats through your system without being absorbed. Step up the fiber slowly as a quick change from low to high fiber will most definitely put you in gastric distress. Also make sure your water consumption is as above since it will have the opposite result (constipation) without enough water. Aim to bring your total up to about 25 grams of fiber a day. There are cereals out there like Fiber One where you can get 50% of your daily intake in one sitting. Eat lots of fruits and veggies.

Calcium has also been shown to aid in weight loss so get some skim milk in you as well.

Start waking up 15 minutes earlier and go walk before you get ready for work. Increase it to 30 minutes over the course of a few weeks. Your body will adjust to your new routine. 30 minutes of just walking is worth an extra 100 calories or so a day. If you can build yourself up to running those 30 minutes you can increase the calories burned to about 3000. While that doesn't seem like much changing your diet to 200 calories less and adding 100 calories a day will result in +30 pound weight loss in a year. Get an hour in or walking (or run for 30 minutes) and reduce your calorie intake 300 calories a day and you are looking at a 50+ pound weight loss in a year.

I can give you lots of examples of people working 50 hours a week and competing in ultra events (lasting up to 24-48 hours of running or biking) and making it work. One dude, David Goggins, is a Navy Seal and instructor at the school and wakes up at 3:30 in the morning for a 20 mile run, bikes to work after biking an hour or two on his trainer at home, bikes home from work and lifts weights at night.

David has run some badass races (and won) including the 138 mile Badwater Marathon and a 203 mile race (running). He did this with a full time job with the Seals and an undetected genetic heart defect he recently had surgery for to correct.

As far as the Doc's simple suggestion of calories in - calories out = weight loss if a negative number... I know one guy who owns a pizza joint who is on a pizza diet as a marketing campaign for pizza is better than fast food... he eats a slice of pizza every 3 hours and workouts out an hour a day and lost 24 pounds in a month. If calories out is greater than calories in you lose weight. You don't need any magical diet pill. People make it complicated because they are constantly told of the newest fad to lose weight because of a very simple reason... companies need to sell product.

All this writing can be summed up pretty easily... working 50-70 hours a week is just an excuse. If you want to get healthier and lose some weight you most certainly can do it. It all depends on your priorities and how motivated you are. Set your priorities, educate yourself and the rest is just execution.

You have to get out of your comfort zone to become healthier. If it was easy America wouldn't be the fattest nation in the world.

It isn't easy and I know I've had extended periods where I let other things in life take over and watched myself balloon to over 200 pounds from my racing weight of 165-170. It is also hard, initially, to get back into the swing of things. Takes about a good 2 months to feel comfortable in the routine again.

Good luck in your decision.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Lifer

Excellent advice found above!
Thank you,
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
I don't know Mach, but ARH surprised me.

Well, me neither, but i was mainly talking about dfwstangs in general
Sponsored Links
Advertisement