Project pony, here is a little basic snippet on Creatine. This just breaks the ice on the subject so you can find a lot more info searching.
Unlike most supplements that athletes use, creatine is neither a vitamin, mineral, herb nor hormone. It is a naturally occurring amino acid that is found in our body that has the chemical name methyl guanidine-acetic acid (see Figure 1 below). As most of you are already aware, amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. The majority of creatine (about 95%) is located in the skeletal muscle system, and the remaining 5% is in the brain, heart and testes. We acquire most of the creatine in our system by consuming meats and fish as well as dairy products, egg whites, nuts and seeds. Although the human body has a way of storing very high amounts of creatine to enhance recovery and muscle power, it is quite challenging to consume enough food to provide the same amount of creatine that using supplements will. In the event that you do not consume enough creatine to suit your body’s requirements, your body can synthesize it from the amino acids arginine, glycine and methionine. This manufacturing process takes place in the kidneys, liver and pancreas.
As for this post...Man I really am not one to argue with anyone on something that is so personal and individual but I still don't agree. This is a teenager who is overwhelmed with hormone and creatine production and he is still growing and developing. Who are you to tell him it is okay to use this supplement? His doctor? Negative! I still say ask the doc. I may be totally wrong and the doc may say heck yeah go for it, but I highly doubt he would recommend using creatine in this particular situation. Please don't think I am being a douche bag by arguing the point but this is a touchy debate/subject. Everything you put in your body whether it is a coke, pizza, steak, or a supplement has to be filtered and put to use by our bodies. He's not a pro bodybuilder at 15 years old so why? I guarantee with a high cal, high protein lean diet, he will sprout muscles like weeds.
Nitrous inhalin' vert!