back on the band wagon - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

back on the band wagon

well i started a health kick to try and get back in shape a few months ago. was doing very well for the first 75 days. then i relaxed for about 8 weeks. in those 8 weeks off i did not put on any weight and still lifted enough to sustain what muscle i put on.

i'm back on the bandwagon as of yesterday. the first time i was able to lose 20lbs on the scale and i picked up some good strength. i went from benching 185lbs x 10 reps to being able to bench 225 x 10reps. also went down 3 belt notches.

i plan to do the same type of routine and calorie counting this go around, but im cutting out alcohol as well, so hopefully i'll see faster results.

here's a before/after of the 1st 75 days. i'll be sure to follow up w/ another 75 day pic from today.

currently 240lbs. my next small goal is 220. my ultimate goal is to be 190-200lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Doing things the lazy way

do the P90X

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
do the P90X
when i first started i did the P90x for about 2 weeks at home by myself. i then picked up 2 gym partners and found i push myself harder at the gym vs. at home by myself. so i quit the P90x.

i've since lost my gym buds and have been going by myself. i might start the P90 again. not sure yet.

Quote:
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Doing things the lazy way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKRD View Post
when i first started i did the P90x for about 2 weeks at home by myself. i then picked up 2 gym partners and found i push myself harder at the gym vs. at home by myself. so i quit the P90x.

i've since lost my gym buds and have been going by myself. i might start the P90 again. not sure yet.
yeah true that, i have been paying for a gym membership for a year and havent gone thats why i started the p90x, but if i had someone to go to the gym with i would def do the gym over the p90x thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Lifer

P90X is a joke compared to working out correctly in the gym.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
P90X is a joke compared to working out correctly in the gym.
not everyone is an expert at the gym and dont have the know how to learn or the skrilla to hire a trainer.

for the novice, P90X works. sets it out in black and white for ya and makes it dummy proof.

Quote:
Quote:
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
LUCIFER

I'm with you, into my 4th week of P90X after being on & off for awhile. Really want to get my ass back in shape now. I'm currently at 228lbs and I would like to drop down to around 180-190lbs.

I like the P90X but I also have a community gym so I will hit the gym some days and do P90X on the others to keep things different.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKRD View Post
for the novice, P90X works. sets it out in black and white for ya and makes it dummy proof.
The machines have pictures on them that show you, tell you, and point out the muscle group. Sounds dummy proof.....

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
The machines have pictures on them that show you, tell you, and point out the muscle group. Sounds dummy proof.....
i was thinking more along the lines of free weights and from the aspect of a complete newb not knowing how many reps, rest time, form, how to properly eat, etc.

smart ass . lol

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 03:05 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
The best advice I can offer you as someone who lost a bunch of weight, getting in shape and healthy, is find an activity/sport you really enjoy, hit hard and eat clean as possible. Choose an activity that will get you to your goal where it's more fun and doesn't feel like work. That way your chances of success are much higher and you won't get bored/burned out. Not everyone wants to get "big" just for the sake of getting big. Alot of times those guys are strong as hell, but don't really have alot of endurance. Just all depends on what you want to get into shape for.

I've lost over 50lbs just doing BJJ and MMA workouts. For me personally just going to the gym and lifting weights by itself it boring and I know I won't stick to it. I've recently started lifting lightly on my BJJ/MMA off days to supplement my BJJ training and endurance. I can do it that way because it's progress at my activity of choice. I finally found a way to stay motivated which is why most people quit working out. Getting the initial motivation is the easy part, sticking with it is the hard part. SO find something that really motivates you.

Good luck!

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
The best advice I can offer you as someone who lost a bunch of weight, getting in shape and healthy, is find an activity/sport you really enjoy, hit hard and eat clean as possible. Choose an activity that will get you to your goal where it's more fun and doesn't feel like work. That way your chances of success are much higher and you won't get bored/burned out. Not everyone wants to get "big" just for the sake of getting big. Alot of times those guys are strong as hell, but don't really have alot of endurance. Just all depends on what you want to get into shape for.

I've lost over 50lbs just doing BJJ and MMA workouts. For me personally just going to the gym and lifting weights by itself it boring and I know I won't stick to it. I've recently started lifting lightly on my BJJ/MMA off days to supplement my BJJ training and endurance. I can do it that way because it's progress at my activity of choice. I finally found a way to stay motivated which is why most people quit working out. Getting the initial motivation is the easy part, sticking with it is the hard part. SO find something that really motivates you.

Good luck!
What about bowling? You know you lose at least 10 pounds per night.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Huge amounts of beer and pizza are always included in my bowling hobby. Great fun but horrible for weight loss.

Photobucket
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 10:26 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Only to a redneck like you is bowling a sport. Two minutes of activity, sit for twenty until its your turn again. lol.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Only to a redneck like you is bowling a sport. Two minutes of activity, sit for twenty until its your turn again. lol.
LMAO at me being a redneck. Man the only reason I still bowl is because I win more money then what I put in it. If it wasn't for that I would quit this dumbass so call sport. I love watching it on espn and hear Randy Pederson say how this pros are athletes.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
LMAO at me being a redneck. Man the only reason I still bowl is because I win more money then what I put in it. If it wasn't for that I would quit this dumbass so call sport. I love watching it on espn and hear Randy Pederson say how this pros are athletes.
You drive a modded diesel and like bowling. That makes you a redneck in my book.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You drive a modded diesel and like bowling. That makes you a redneck in my book.
Fucker. At least I don't drive a modded diesel and wear flip flops.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Calling Forrest a redneck is a step up. I knew him when he was an extra skinny punk smart ass kid with a mullet. He's still the same guy, just older and fatter now. lol.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Watch your mouth.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement