Anyone had to deal with thyroid problems? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Anyone had to deal with thyroid problems?

found out I have a high TSH level and have symptoms of adrenal fatigue (or else id be in bed by now). just started taking a thyroid med. I was tested a few years back positive for hasimoto's but some of the doctors wouldnt treat it because my levels were in range. now Ive been feeling like crap and pretty sure that its one of the reasons why i am having trouble losing weight. hope this med starts helping soon.
Even my runs have been getting slower,(I thought it was just part of heading into middle age) and joints aching. My left rotator cuff hurts every time I bench and it wont get any better.
For now Ill just keep on running and for now go easy with the shoulder but still dissapointed since i was getting 5 reps of 255 a couple of months ago.

*Greyhorse, got any good adrenal support supps? or anything else that will help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

not trying to sound like im depressed or making excuses, just needing to vent, getting a bit irritated, Im not giving up that easy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Gone but never forgotten

If they get your meds squared away properly, you'll be right as rain in no time

Hang in there and don't stop doing what's good for your body... just do what you can and the rest will come back to you in no time.

Chin up fella

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

My wife had Preeclampsia with the birth of our first child which resulted in her thyroid being severely damaged resulting in a lifetime of medication. It is a never ending battle with getting the correct dose to maintain proper levels. Only advice I can give is to stay on top of it and have your levels tested regularly.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

been researching. gonna try to get the doctor to agree to target my tsh below 2. otherwise I hope i can get the symptoms to go away first.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

I have been taking synthroid for 3 years now. Very low dosage, but when I don't take it I feel like hell. The first year I started taking it I dropped 60 pounds.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
I have been taking synthroid for 3 years now. Very low dosage, but when I don't take it I feel like hell. The first year I started taking it I dropped 60 pounds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hoping I will have the same results, Ive been diagnosed with Hashimoto's about 4years ago and started thyroid even though my levels were fine. shortly thereafter the NP that put me on it left and I couldn't get any other MD to prescribe it because my levels were in range but I was still having symptoms. now I have no choice since my TSH was 6.67 Also have a better doctor now that I work in the same clinic with.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
My wife had Preeclampsia with the birth of our first child which resulted in her thyroid being severely damaged resulting in a lifetime of medication. It is a never ending battle with getting the correct dose to maintain proper levels. Only advice I can give is to stay on top of it and have your levels tested regularly.
The studies show that women with preeclampsia during pregnancy are at a higher risk of developing thyroid problems later in life and not acutely after pregnancy. Your wife had postpartum thyrotoxicosis which resolves in the vast majority of women...I would go see a different endocrinologist and have a trial without meds. I bet she will no longer need the meds.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

She has seen four doctors. The first being an endocrinologist, Dr. Tanem in Arlington I believe, who did an ultrasound and confirmed her thyroid to be the size of a raisin. Since then she has been on medication and will be for the rest of her life. She has been dealing with this for several years now.
The opinions have differed between blaming the severity of her Preeclampsia and autoimmune.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Hey I was diagnosed with hypo thyroidism back mid 90's, doc put me on synthroid meds. Doc said I would be on the meds rest of my life, but approx 5 yrs later from the diagnose, my Thyroid started working, so far so good. Back to normal. So what I'm saying here is - there always is hope! I was really fatiqued, swelling with fuild looking very bloated. I truly hope it goes well and things calm down for you, get your med regiment down and you should be ok. Good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement