Hydroxycut, two weeks later... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Hydroxycut, two weeks later...

It was two weeks as of Monday the 27th and the weight is still going in the right direction. After two weeks of 1800-2000 calories and hydroxycut (2 pills 3x/day) I weight in at 192.5lbs. That's 8.5 pounds in two weeks, but as I had mentioned to Karen in the earlier post, the "pinch test" tells me that about half is through the loss of subcutaneous water that was retained due to the use of creatine prior to my diet. I think my calorie intake will remain the same, but I'm gonna up the hydroxycut by two pills as the "buzz" has subsided already, to make sure I stick to the current meal plan. I am also going to start doing cardio in the morning to up my losses another pound or so per week. Two pounds a week is best in order to keep as much lean mass as possible, but I am getting impatient and summer is practically here.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 02:23 PM

Do you think switching to another product (a little different though) might help? I switched from Hydroxycut to Xenadrine, and I noticed a good difference. I don't always take it as recommended (been days that I skip), and I still feel the "buzz". I've been taking it for 3 or 4 months now.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
Do you think switching to another product (a little different though) might help? I switched from Hydroxycut to Xenadrine, and I noticed a good difference. I don't always take it as recommended (been days that I skip), and I still feel the "buzz". I've been taking it for 3 or 4 months now.
That can work if you "upgrade" to a supplement with a higher amount of caffiene or ephedrine in it. For me that's not an issue because I usually take amonth off cleanse myself and gain some lost lean mass before dieting and or taking another metabolic enhancer.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 06:20 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Aaron....you are getting some great results from the Hydroycutt. doesnt seem to do anything for me. I tend to have better experiences with Xenadrine.

Anywho..I see you mentioned the water retention. Besides that how much fat do you think you really dropped and are you afraid that it might be a bit much rather quicker and you could be sacrificing some lean mass? That or you are gonna be one ripped brother very, very soon!

Not flaming...other peeps experiences pave the way to better health for me.

Thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
Aaron....you are getting some great results from the Hydroycutt. doesnt seem to do anything for me. I tend to have better experiences with Xenadrine.
Well, everybody body is a little bit different. Also keep in mind that 1800 to 2000 calories is well below the 2500-3000 I usually need for maintenance,and coupled with daily cardio I am at probably a 1000 calorie deficit right now. Thats a bit much, but as I said, I'm getting impatient and wanna make sure those board shorts fit when they need to. That calorie deficiency is where the weight loss is coming from. ECA is a great motivator and keeps me eating right, but is by no means a miracle pill.

Quote:
Anywho..I see you mentioned the water retention. Besides that how much fat do you think you really dropped and are you afraid that it might be a bit much rather quicker and you could be sacrificing some lean mass? That or you are gonna be one ripped brother very, very soon! [/B]
I'm thinking I've dropped 4-5 pounds thus far out of the total of 8 and a half. I can feel my strength dwindling a little as I burn more fat, but that's a calculated sacrifice I was expecting due to wanting the weight gone faster. I'm not worried though, a lean physique appears more muscular than a slightly bigger one that's a little flatter. With the morning cardio I hope to be eating normal again in another two or three weeks and unless I go crazy and eat all the good stuff I've been doing without, the strength and lean mass will be back in another month or two. As they say, patience is a virtue.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement