Eating Plan - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Eating Plan

Not comfortable in my own skin, so i'm at the breaking point to changing my eating and get into the gym.

Realistically I'd like to be in shape for next summer. I've always been a bigger person, so when I say in shape, i'd be happy at 210-215.

I'd like to get my eating plan in the right general direction. If I make out a plan in advance it's a lot easier for me to follow.

5'11, 260 lbs, recent picture: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...416_338559.jpg

Attached is the quick eating plan I created. I welcome any ideas for improvement/replacement. I'd like to see a 500 calorie deficient with the goal of losing 1lb a week.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Eating Plan.zip (4.8 KB, 60 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Lifer

Find an active sport that you LIKE.

Racquetball, mountain bikes, ultimate frisbee, whatever. It's 1000x easier to be active when you're enjoying it. There will be a learning curve, but once you get a little bit of cardio, then you can actually enjoy exercise. That's the key.

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Party at the moon tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Not comfortable in my own skin, so i'm at the breaking point to changing my eating and get into the gym.

Realistically I'd like to be in shape for next summer. I've always been a bigger person, so when I say in shape, i'd be happy at 210-215.

I'd like to get my eating plan in the right general direction. If I make out a plan in advance it's a lot easier for me to follow.

5'11, 260 lbs, recent picture: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...416_338559.jpg

Attached is the quick eating plan I created. I welcome any ideas for improvement/replacement. I'd like to see a 500 calorie deficient with the goal of losing 1lb a week.

I might give this a try as well I'm pushing 6'1" at 240lbs I've been dropping off a few lbs here and there but would like to be in the 200-205 range.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
Find an active sport that you LIKE.

Racquetball, mountain bikes, ultimate frisbee, whatever. It's 1000x easier to be active when you're enjoying it. There will be a learning curve, but once you get a little bit of cardio, then you can actually enjoy exercise. That's the key.
I hear you on that! I need to find something.... I'm definitely not a runner, but I think I could enjoy being on a bike and getting my cardio that way. Now that I can haul shit in my truck, that would open my options a lot as to finding different places to ride.

Being 260lbs I believe my body burns more calories than someone based on the 2000cal charts. Not sure what my body burns exactly though. I figure eating 1988 a day and being more active I should be able to drop a lb a week.

I do have a membership at 24 hour, so i'd like to try to visit there mon-fri.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:20 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Lot of gold in this post from someone who actually did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFordCobra View Post
Started out workingout every other day along with a 1500 cal a day diet. High rep workout, medium weight. With that I lost 100 lbs in 6 months and trained my body for the next logical step.

Then, at 290 lbs I got a gym membership. Started a high protein diet and threw in 30 min of cardio a day. So about 1 1/2 hour at the gym every day and intaking about 2500 cal and 80g of carbs a day. I did that untill about 240 lbs.

Last I wanted to really focus on leaning up but at the same time building enough lean mass that I wouldn't have really bad loose skin. I started running 5-7 miles every day and started lifting 2 hours 6 days a week. With all the cardio I started to do as heavy weight as I could go without a spotter and still go 10-12 reps @ 5 sets. I work 2 body parts a day and give them 72 hours to rest before I hit them again. At this point I'm eating all day, drinking shakes, eating steaks and chicken breasts. 4500 calories a day and I'm still losing weight. On bulk weeks I go up to 300-400g of carbs a day and 300 g of protein. Leaning out weeks 80-100g of carbs and 250g of protein. I switch up every two weeks or so.

Haha yea man. It's a really a change in life. The real challenge is keeping it off.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Lot of gold in this post from someone who actually did it
Thanks - 1500 cals a day! Hopefully he can take a peek at my eating plan and give some advice there. I kept my protein shakes in there since I will be at the gym, I don't really want to drop them, but if I did i'd be at 1350ish calories.

I do enjoy the shakes though since it helps keep the sweet tooth appeased.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Thanks - 1500 cals a day! Hopefully he can take a peek at my eating plan and give some advice there. I kept my protein shakes in there since I will be at the gym, I don't really want to drop them, but if I did i'd be at 1350ish calories.

Check out my meal plans I have attached on the thread I created about a week ago. They should serve as a good template to work off of if you want to keep the diet real clean

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:34 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:

what's the total fat intake on that list ?

You could probably drop the shakes down from 4 to 2 or even 4 to 1.

I would throw in some tuna that will up your protein and some oatmeal as well.

what is your current diet like as far as calories, fat and protein that has you sitting at 260 ?

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobra View Post
Check out my meal plans I have attached on the thread I created about a week ago. They should serve as a good template to work off of if you want to keep the diet real clean
Thanks, reading through them now. I noticed the tilapia on your low cal pages and that would be a great alternative to chicken, so I don't get burned out. Still reading..
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Thanks, reading through them now. I noticed the tilapia on your low cal pages and that would be a great alternative to chicken, so I don't get burned out. Still reading..
If you decide to go low calorie i.e. 1500, I'd have 1 high carb day to keep it safe and to keep the metabolism high such as 3 days low carb and 1 day high carb, up the protein on the low carb day and down it the high carb day. You will see that method in the meal plans.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
what's the total fat intake on that list ?

You could probably drop the shakes down from 4 to 2 or even 4 to 1.

I would throw in some tuna that will up your protein and some oatmeal as well.

what is your current diet like as far as calories, fat and protein that has you sitting at 260 ?
Keeping the same plan and even swapping a chicken dinner to tilapia are about that same in cals and fat. I calculated fat intake in grams to be about 30 for the day.

Checking out tuna and oatmeal facts now. I don't mind eating tuna out of the can with a little black pepper.

Currently... it's eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I really haven't even thought about adding anything up. I just know if I continue on this path I will keep gaining.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 04:25 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Keeping the same plan and even swapping a chicken dinner to tilapia are about that same in cals and fat. I calculated fat intake in grams to be about 30 for the day.

Checking out tuna and oatmeal facts now. I don't mind eating tuna out of the can with a little black pepper.

Currently... it's eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I really haven't even thought about adding anything up. I just know if I continue on this path I will keep gaining.

Can sucks compared to the tuna that is in the pouches by starkist.

They even have different flavors.

http://starkist.com/template.asp?sec.../creations.asp

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
I hear you on that! I need to find something.... I'm definitely not a runner, but I think I could enjoy being on a bike and getting my cardio that way. Now that I can haul shit in my truck, that would open my options a lot as to finding different places to ride.

Being 260lbs I believe my body burns more calories than someone based on the 2000cal charts. Not sure what my body burns exactly though. I figure eating 1988 a day and being more active I should be able to drop a lb a week.

I do have a membership at 24 hour, so i'd like to try to visit there mon-fri.

Brien, wanna work out together? I'm getting into serious shape for a new venture and just started this week. I'm running 1 1/2 miles each morning, but I need to also seriously focus on regaining strength and endurance. It's easier for me to workout WITH someone than by myself. I always seem to push myself harder when I have a little backup to spot me. PM me if you're interested!

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I am a Motherfucker

I tried and tried to lose weight even stay the same eating tuna instead of chicken. I think I just have the body type that can't handle any kind of mayo or condoments lol. All I did was gain weight and feel bloated. I heard you can mix it with mustard but F that!

Man there are LOTs of ways to eat healthy. Just start reading nutrition facts on everything you pick up. Low carbs and cardio is a fast way to lose weight but it IS dangerous and you easily gain it back. When I was doing the 1500 cals a day I was burning all that at the gym and felt dizzy most times. I was on the edge of a kitosis diet and those can be dangerous.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm a GIRL.

I keep it around 1200 calories a day and eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. Instead of just chicken/fish you can eat filet mignon, also. 1 filet is 110 calories and if you have bacon around it it's 210-220 calories.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Well, i've finally decided to get on this and have been following it for 8 days now, still new to it. I need to couple working out with this to really make it work, but I wanted to get my diet in check before taking that next step.

I know I can clean up the diet a bit still, but this for me is easy to follow and I really aren't hungry at any point of the day. The food is great.

The hardest part is the damn weekends and beer. With beer comes the I don't give a fuck attitude, but i'm trying to maintain this. It helps to slowly see results, but I seem to be hitting the 2lbs a week I thought I would.

8/25/2010 251
8/26/2010 250
8/27/2010 248.8
8/28/2010 248.8
8/29/2010 250
8/30/2010 249.6
8/31/2010 249
9/1/2010 247.2

I weigh myself right when I wake up, with really no difference in clothing day to day.

Pretty cool!

PS: I went out and bought a scale. If you're trying to diet it up i'd say you MUST have a scale. It helps with motivation - at least for me.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Lifer

Do yourself a favor and weigh once a week. You'll drive yourself insane weighing daily.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
Do yourself a favor and weigh once a week. You'll drive yourself insane weighing daily.
I noticed a spike during the weekend. I think I like weighing daily when I wake up. It's kind of a, hey this is a reminder to eat good!
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_me View Post
I keep it around 1200 calories a day and eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. Instead of just chicken/fish you can eat filet mignon, also. 1 filet is 110 calories and if you have bacon around it it's 210-220 calories.
You're gonna need at least 1800 calories unless you want your body to go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism as a result

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
May the Force be w/you

Brien,

Keep it up!! I am about 4 months into my lifestyle change and I am loving it! I have managed to lose (as of this morning) 44lbs! I agree with Adam's suggestions of finding something you love. My love is cycling. Actually I bought a new bicycle last night!! This area has a ton of trails to ride. That has increased my love for it all.

I don't count my calories. I do however eat right. I have stayed away from fast food and every single thing I eat comes with thought. I do look at nutrition facts but I find it as more of a guide.

Now.....drinking. That is a touchy subject. Lol! That is one of the reasons I gained a tone of weight. All I drank was beer, and like you said, I would get the IDGAF attitude. It was usually a late night meal included as well. I ballooned to 335lbs! With that said I have almost stopped drinking beer all together. If I do it's the very low calorie ones (Select 55, MGD 64, or Ultra). What I have also grown an acquired taste for is Bacardi and Diet. It gets expensive but I take comfort in the fact that I'm not taking in nearly as many carbs.

Someone might debunk all my theories but the most imprtant thing is to do what is right for YOU!! Good luck and hang in there. It's SO worth it!

Chuck
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:17 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
I noticed a spike during the weekend. I think I like weighing daily when I wake up. It's kind of a, hey this is a reminder to eat good!
I agree. Some of us need that constant reminder to work hard and stay clean. It's rewarding to see it go the direction you want and gives motivation. When it goes the other way it's also motivation to work harder and get back on track.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
You're gonna need at least 1800 calories unless you want your body to go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism as a result
Hmm, I would fit into this category too, eating 1350 a day ><

If I throw in my protein shakes i'll be at 1660 a day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckacosta View Post
Brien,

Keep it up!! I am about 4 months into my lifestyle change and I am loving it! I have managed to lose (as of this morning) 44lbs! I agree with Adam's suggestions of finding something you love. My love is cycling. Actually I bought a new bicycle last night!! This area has a ton of trails to ride. That has increased my love for it all.

I don't count my calories. I do however eat right. I have stayed away from fast food and every single thing I eat comes with thought. I do look at nutrition facts but I find it as more of a guide.

Now.....drinking. That is a touchy subject. Lol! That is one of the reasons I gained a tone of weight. All I drank was beer, and like you said, I would get the IDGAF attitude. It was usually a late night meal included as well. I ballooned to 335lbs! With that said I have almost stopped drinking beer all together. If I do it's the very low calorie ones (Select 55, MGD 64, or Ultra). What I have also grown an acquired taste for is Bacardi and Diet. It gets expensive but I take comfort in the fact that I'm not taking in nearly as many carbs.

Someone might debunk all my theories but the most imprtant thing is to do what is right for YOU!! Good luck and hang in there. It's SO worth it!

Chuck
Yea I most definitely need to find something! I do have a truck now so I could take a bike where ever I wanted.

I've been trying to limit the amount I go out to bars, but it does happen. I've been trying to be good though. I was reading around and a shot of vodka alone still has around 100 cals, but like you mentioned it's a lot less carbs.

Sounds like I need to experiment with some liquors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I agree. Some of us need that constant reminder to work hard and stay clean. It's rewarding to see it go the direction you want and gives motivation. When it goes the other way it's also motivation to work harder and get back on track.
Yup! I woke up today and felt kind of blah, like a bloated feeling. I was expecting to hop on the scale and see an increase due to that, but I weighed in at 245.6 pre-shit!

It also fun to weigh, take a shit, then weigh again - rofl.

Edit: Just looked at the Eating Plan I originally posted and it's a bit off. I'm actually eating 1230 cals a day, but really am never hungry.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:

Yup! I woke up today and felt kind of blah, like a bloated feeling. I was expecting to hop on the scale and see an increase due to that, but I weighed in at 245.6 pre-shit!

It also fun to weigh, take a shit, then weigh again - rofl.

Edit: Just looked at the Eating Plan I originally posted and it's a bit off. I'm actually eating 1230 cals a day, but really am never hungry.
Don't forget to write down what you are eating and how you feel with those meals. If you can track everything with certain foods that don't make you feel good you can avoid them in the future.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Don't forget to write down what you are eating and how you feel with those meals. If you can track everything with certain foods that don't make you feel good you can avoid them in the future.
Cool, that's a good idea, but i'm really not venturing far off this diet plan yet. I'm eating the same stuff everyday minus the substitution of my main meat product, chicken or tilapia.

I was thinking about doing a personal blog to keep me motivated and how my body reacts to things, hell if I have to have Farmville pushed in my face i'll push my blog back on them!
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
No. Realize that most of the numbers you read on the internet are posted by ~200lb men. The number is HEAVILY dependent on lean body mass. That "2000" number is NOT what the average woman should consume, and 1800/day will only net you .3lbs/week if you're supposed to be consuming 2000.

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
I think i had 1800 just for dinner, I cant wait for breakfast. Bacon and pancakes with extra bacon.

oh yah, bacon.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Me either! Egg whites, hot sauce, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and 2 pieces if wheat bread!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Me either! Egg whites, hot sauce, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and 2 pieces if wheat bread!
2lbs of thinly sliced garlic chicken between 2 pieces of bread for me.
My co-workers always start with the OMG faces whenever they see me pull out the MANWICH and devour it in 3 mins everyday!!!
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
2lbs of thinly sliced garlic chicken between 2 pieces of bread for me.
My co-workers always start with the OMG faces whenever they see me pull out the MANWICH and devour it in 3 mins everyday!!!
Jesus dude... your food bill is probably more than your mortgage!
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Jesus dude... your food bill is probably more than your mortgage!
$200-$300 weekly.
Eating healthy is far from cheap!
Luckily I do not drink, therefore I can justify/afford the food expenses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement