My before and after transformation - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

My before and after transformation

So here it goes...

It all started with me entering an annual physique competition one of the gyms I go to started. Whoever has the best before/after transformation wins money, $600 for first in male category and the ability to win an additional $400 for best overall difference (there were 5 judges from different gyms across the country). Anyone who places in top 12 gets a month on the calendar, first place male and female get January, 2nd February and so on. Most of the people that entered were from our gym B.O.N.A. Fitness (acronym for Building On Natural Ability), however there were some people from the Dallas area as well who competed. It was $100 to enter, the proceeds of the calendar contest go to a foundation to help combat child obesity. The calendar will be available to purchase later on this year. These are average people who entered the competition, no trainers were allowed.
www.bonafoundation.com

These pics were taken around January 10th, I weighed about 180 in these pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hinton002.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	98762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hinton004.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	98763  

Last edited by Fobra; 06-29-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Approximately 1.5 months later (end of Feb), 2nd round of photos are taken to track progress
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00141.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	98764   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00143.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	98765  

post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:36 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobra View Post
Approximately 1.5 months later (end of Feb), 2nd round of photos are taken to track progress
Is something photoshopped in those pics? The head doesnt seem to match the body in the first pic.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

3rd round of photos were taken April 25th, I remember that date because that was the day after I competed in the Texas Shredder Classic I placed 8 out of 10 in novice light weight. I didn't place as good as I liked, but it was a good learning experience.

I weighed high 160's in these photos and I had the best before/after difference photo, so I placed first for $600 and got the $400 bonus!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HintonJ_2636.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	98766   Click image for larger version

Name:	HintonJ_2638.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	98767  

Last edited by Fobra; 06-27-2010 at 11:07 PM.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Is something photoshopped in those pics? The head doesnt seem to match the body in the first pic.
No photo shop was done, this was just a digital camera that was used.

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of when I competed in the Musclemania June 5th currently. I plan on buying the shots taken of me soon on a CD. I placed 3rd in my novice division. I also did the fitness model competition as well there, didn't place top 5 out of 10 so I don't know what I placed. The guy that placed first I found out later through a buddy was on some prohormone stack (Winstol and something else I think). The urine tests were randomly selected, I don't know if the guy got selected or not.

However, here are some photos taken the day after the competition at Metroflex Houston by Travis photography.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sledge hammer pose.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	98768  

Last edited by Fobra; 08-14-2010 at 10:01 PM.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Pilgrim

Great work! How tall are you?
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Loves the Haterz!!

Whatever you were on...I want some!

Wake up and smell the Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
I just crave meat...so any of those places is always good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch View Post
I never got the "talk" from either of my parents
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystang View Post
great work! How tall are you?
5' 9"

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunter bob View Post
Whatever you were on...I want some!
Discipline and persistence in 3 areas: cardio, strength, and nutrition

post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoLLoWkaTZ View Post
Impressive man congrats!
Thanks!

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Loves the Haterz!!

Quote:
Discipline and persistence in 3 areas: cardio, strength, and nutrition
I can only buy one of those 3!
I need to borrow some of that persistence stuff

But as its been said..awesome job man you look like a totally different dude now

Quote:

Quote:
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunter bob View Post
I can only buy one of those 3!
I need to borrow some of that persistence stuff

But as its been said..awesome job man you look like a totally different dude now
LOL!

It wasn't easy! I considered most of this process torture!!! I hated all the cardio leading up to the competitions!!! I was pounding 8 hours of cardio/week a month out, then 10 hours 2 weeks out and for the last competition at Musclemania, I hit around 16 hours of cardio (mostly low intensity) about a week before I started carbing up during the week of competition!

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

These were taken June 3rd, 2 days before Musclemania, I was still holding a lot of water.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	98778   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear double bi.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	98779  

post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Loves the Haterz!!

Thats amazing FML

Quote:

Quote:
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Lifer

You got some badass looking riblets going on there man lol

Great job, it looks like a totally different person

90 SSP

Wanting a 351w efi intake set up, pm me please
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Rookie

Yeah, Nice work for sho. I hate getting that lean. I always injure myself lean.
You look good, little more muscle mass and you'll start winning some of them shows.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
You look good, little more muscle mass and you'll start winning some of them shows.
That's the plan at this point, I had to stay lean through June for some photo shoots and a fashion show. I definitely need to build my legs up more, shoulders and chest, so I plan on changing up a few things in the routine to see how the body responds next week. I'm taking this week off from lifting and supps, my body needs rest.

post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Lifer

damn man! congrats! Ive been working out for about a month now and i dont see any of the transformation u did.. guess im not as dedicated.. Ive changed my diet but i think my pudge on my got has gotten more loose and shakey than it was.. I run about 20-25 minutes a day at anywhere from a 7-7.5min mile pace and do some free weight stuff..

what kind of workout regimen are you doing?
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM
WTF is Zed?

Nice work. HUGE transformation for 6 months. What supps are you taking?
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv View Post
damn man! congrats! Ive been working out for about a month now and i dont see any of the transformation u did.. guess im not as dedicated.. Ive changed my diet but i think my pudge on my got has gotten more loose and shakey than it was.. I run about 20-25 minutes a day at anywhere from a 7-7.5min mile pace and do some free weight stuff..

what kind of workout regimen are you doing?
Currently, I do resistance training 5 times/week and around 5 hours of cardio/week (this is to maintain current physique), unless I have an event or some photo shoot coming up, I'll up the cardio and go on my hi/lo diet which is about 1600 (low carb) calories 3 days and 1 day of 2800 (high carb) for hi and cycle that to help burn as much fat off as possible. The diet can change of course depending on how lean I am.

For the times I'm preparing for a certain event, I'll pick out certain days where I'll pound about 1.5-2 hours of cardio first thing in the morning and if I'm off that day, hit another 1 hour later on for a total of 3. From doing all the cardio, my resting HR is 40! I usually pick two days out where it's all cardio and no strength, usually Friday and Sunday, but that can change. I always train in a certain HR zone, this has proven to work very well for me, if I'm over a certain target HR, I back off so as not to burn too much muscle off.

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post
Nice work. HUGE transformation for 6 months. What supps are you taking?
Fats:
CLA Extreme by NOW Sports
Ultra Omega by NOW Sports
Sesamin by Scivation

BCAA's
Dymatize pills (I'll down around 20-30 of these a day on low cal day especially when hitting 2-3 hours of cardio that day)
Xtend by Scivation (BCAA complex to drink during workout)

L-Glutamin Peptide powder (French Vanilla flavor) by German American Technologies

Preworkout (I switch off with these)
Muscle Marinade by Purus Labs
Vasocharge by Scivation

Stims -I mainly use these just for a little energy boost, I don't think they really did much for burning fat off except for when I took them before cardio sessions. This method plus CLA Extreme proved to be very effective in getting the stubborn fat off when taken before cardio for me. I'd take 1 stim + CLA extreme right before and an additional 1-2 CLA extreme during 2 hour cardio sessions.
Lipodrene
Oxy Elite Pro

L-Carnitine by NOW Sports
Acetyl L-Carnitine by NOW Sports
Maca root powder to mix in shakes and in capsule form (NOW Sports has capsule form). This helps restore my adrenal glands faster and regulate hormones. I usually stacked the Maca capsules with a stim for a better effect.

Kre Alkalyn - I'm going to switch back to the Scifit Kre instead of CTD, got much better results with it.

The month before Musclemania, I was taking Recycle by Purus Labs for a natural test booster. I took two servings/day, so 8 capsules total and noticed an increase in raw energy for a couple weeks, then it wore off as the body got used to it. I have been off it since June 5th.

Protein powder - basic whey by Gentec, nothing special, just a local company BONA Fitness carries. I don't use protein powder that much anyways, mainly use it as backup. I stick with whole food like egg whites (I buy a gallon by Egg Whites International), tilapia, salmon, and ground turkey.

The latest I've been experimenting with is SLINShot by Purus Labs and using a waxy maize, raw local honey, BCAA, L-Glutamine Peptide powder combination as my post workout shake. I'll start experimenting with Kre Alkalyn vs monohydrate creatine next week. I've been off of Kre for almost a month, the body needs a break right now, so I'm just resting this week.

Night-
Cyclin by MHP
Somatomax by Hi-tec pharamceuticals
I don't stack these two, just switch off.

That should be majority of the supps I've used and/or are using.

Last edited by Fobra; 06-29-2010 at 11:21 AM.
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Fats:
CLA Extreme by NOW Sports
Ultra Omega by NOW Sports
Sesamin by Scivation

BCAA's
Dymatize pills (I'll down around 20-30 of these a day on low cal day especially when hitting 2-3 hours of cardio that day)
Xtend by Scivation (BCAA complex to drink during workout)

L-Glutamin Peptide powder (French Vanilla flavor) by German American Technologies

Preworkout (I switch off with these)
Muscle Marinade by Purus Labs
Vasocharge by Scivation

Stims -I mainly use these just for a little energy boost, I don't think they really did much for burning fat off except for when I took them before cardio sessions. This method plus CLA Extreme proved to be very effective in getting the stubborn fat off when taken before cardio for me. I'd take 1 stim + CLA extreme right before and an additional 1-2 CLA extreme during 2 hour cardio sessions.
Lipodrene
Oxy Elite Pro

L-Carnitine by NOW Sports
Acetyl L-Carnitine by NOW Sports
Maca root powder to mix in shakes and in capsule form (NOW Sports has capsule form). This helps restore my adrenal glands faster and regulate hormones. I usually stacked the Maca capsules with a stim for a better effect.

Kre Alkayln - I'm going to switch back to the Scifit Kre instead of CTD, got much better results with it.

The month before Musclemania, I was taking Recycle by Purus Labs for a natural test booster. I took two servings/day, so 8 capsules total and noticed an increase in raw energy for a couple weeks, then it wore off as the body got used to it. I have been off it since June 5th.

Protein powder - basic whey by Gentec, nothing special, just a local company BONA Fitness carries. I don't use protein powder that much anyways, mainly use it as backup. I stick with whole food like egg whites (I buy a gallon by Egg Whites International), tilapia, salmon, and ground turkey.

The latest I've been experimenting with is SLINShot by Purus Labs and using a waxy maize, raw local honey, BCAA, L-Glutamine Peptide powder combination as my post workout shake. I'll start experimenting with Kre Alkalyn vs monohydrate creatine next week. I've been off of Kre for almost a month, the body needs a break right now, so I'm just resting this week.

Night-
Cyclin by MHP
Somatomax by Hi-tec pharamceuticals
I don't stack these two, just switch off.

That should be majority of the supps I've used and/or are using.
looks at tho getting into some damn good shape isnt cheap lol... explain the hi/lo diet to me. I think i get the concept but why the alternating? keep the body off balance? I try to keep the calories about 1800 to 2000 a day maybe less except for the weekend, those are my "free days" but i don't go crazy, except maybe with the beer which kills me probably lol.
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
looks at tho getting into some damn good shape isnt cheap lol... explain the hi/lo diet to me. I think i get the concept but why the alternating? keep the body off balance? I try to keep the calories about 1800 to 2000 a day maybe less except for the weekend, those are my "free days" but i don't go crazy, except maybe with the beer which kills me probably lol.
I don't even want to get into how much I've spent on supps since I started Most of the results are just from hard work, that's the truth

If you stay in a calorie deficit the whole time, your metabolism slows down and when you eat, your body will work harder to store whatever it can, well we are trying to not store fat. The high day is set to trick the metabolism in that it spikes it to stay active, it will stay active through the 3 low days resulting in better fat loss, going longer than 3 days and the metabolism slows down. Somebody more versed in nutrition than I will probably be able to explain it better, but that's the best I can explain it based on what I've been taught from the trainer I worked with. He customized my meal plans based on what foods I liked and on my measurements. He'd check me every two weeks and we'd make adjustments to the meal plan and/or cardio if needed.

Last edited by Fobra; 06-28-2010 at 09:41 PM.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I don't even want to get into how much I've spent on supps since I started

If you stay in a calorie deficit the whole time, your metabolism slows down and when you eat, your body will work harder to store whatever it can, well we are trying to not store fat. The high day is set to trick the metabolism in that it spikes it to stay active, it will stay active through the 3 low days resulting in better fat loss, going longer than 3 days and the metabolism slows down. Somebody more versed in nutrition than I will probably be able to explain it better, but that's the best I can explain it based on what I've been taught from the trainer I worked with. He customized my meal plans based on what foods I liked and on my measurements. He'd check me every two weeks and we'd make adjustments to the meal plan and/or cardio if needed.
Jump starting the metabolism is one of the main reasons to refeed, like you said. It also prevents an instance where amino acids or muscle is broken down into energy since carbs are muscle sparing, and as the great Vince Gironda taught, it also keeps your muscles from flattening out since most of our muscle fibers store glycogen.

Awesome pics man, good job!
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
BTW, did you ever have problems staying asleep when you got extremely lean? There have been several times when I could barely get any sleep. It was like the body acted as if it was in a foraging state and didn't want to rest and it drove me crazy. It drove me so crazy I even took a full serving of Somatomax with 3 ZMA pills and it didn't even phase me at one point. Before I had these issues, 3/4 serving of Somatomax would usually knock me out.

post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:

I'll start experimenting with Kre Alkalyn vs monohydrate creatine next week. I've been off of Kre for almost a month, the body needs a break right now, so I'm just resting this week.
Good idea, Kre Alkalyn is joke along with Glutamine

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Good idea, Kre Alkalyn is joke along with Glutamine
What makes you think Kre Alkalyn and glutamine are a joke?

post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 04:00 AM
Rookie

Quote:
What makes you think Kre Alkalyn and glutamine are a joke?
pubmed

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
pubmed
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything indicating this on Pubmed, I found nothing on Kre Alkalyn and little to do with glutamine in terms of muscle building and recovery.

I can tell you personally that when I started taking Kre by Scifit, I started putting up weight I've never put up before. From what I've read, monohydrate can be toxic in the long run.
http://www.kre-alkalyn.net/admin/ima...Line_study.pdf
http://www.kre-alkalyn.net/admin/ima...l_trial_WL.pdf
http://www.kre-alkalyn.net/admin/ima...city_study.pdf
Kre has also shown to increase VO2 max
http://www.kre-alkalyn.net/admin/ima...al_study_4.pdf

I can also tell you that from switching to L-glutamine peptide, I noticed my recovery rate went up as well.

post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Nice work!! That's a lot of change in 6 months!!

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Nice man what's your body fay at now?
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFordCobra View Post
Nice man what's your body fay at now?
I haven't measured, but from what others who have competed told me on the pic that won it, probably 4-5%. If that is so, then I would imagine I was a percent or two less for when I competed in Musclemania since I came in harder and leaner than the Texas Shredder. I haven't gone off my diet that much and have kept up with the strength and cardio and can tell by looking in the mirror that not too much has changed. So I would imagine I'm around mid single digit numbers (4-5%). There isn't a lot to pinch off of me that's for sure

The only thing that frustrates me is the little pooch around my belly button area, I don't know if that's extra skin or just genetics that it won't go down. I thought it was fat at first, but a trainer pinched my skin and said there was virtually no fat around the area.

Last edited by Fobra; 06-29-2010 at 11:16 AM.
post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 11:53 AM
WTF is Zed?

Care to share what your average daily meal plan looks like?

Thanks for all the info!
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post
Care to share what your average daily meal plan looks like?

Thanks for all the info!
Sure thing! I have a scanner at work and will scan the meal plan I typically follow tomorrow, it'd take too long to type it up lol.

post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm over it!

Wow great job! You seem to looking younger now too.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Sure thing! I have a scanner at work and will scan the meal plan I typically follow tomorrow, it'd take too long to type it up lol.
cool thanks.. sounds like instead of being on some sort of diet M-F, I may just so it every 2 days then eat regular, diet 2 days, eat regular.. its not like im a fat ass going crazy when i eat so that may work
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Yea, I have that pooch too... I'm just running like FOREST GUMP to see if it goes away. I cut down to 80-90g a day and leaned down 7 lbs just this week from 205 to 197!
How many carbs are you doing when you are not doing cardio? How many do you intake when you do?
I want to stay at about 9-10% body fat.
@ 205 lbs I was 12.5% so now at 197 I'm thinking I'm at <11.5%.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yea, I have that pooch too... I'm just running like FOREST GUMP to see if it goes away. I cut down to 80-90g a day and leaned down 7 lbs just this week from 205 to 197!
How many carbs are you doing when you are not doing cardio? How many do you intake when you do?
so u sayin you cut down to just 80-90g of carbs a day and lost 8 pounds?!? that pretty good.. I did a zero carb diet where it was like chicken/eggs/greens with no salt or pretty much anything else bad for you for the first week and lost like 6 pounds in 3 days but seriously I like food too damn much NOT to eat it. So needless to say that didnt last too long.. I probably eat less that 80-90g carbs a day and run anywhere around 2 miles a day with a decent 40-45 minute work out and still have the jiggly pooch .. maybe its becuase I have lost about 35-40 pounds from my heaviest. I was 5'10 225 sophmore year in high school (all fat 38 waist) and now I'm 6'2 about 185(33 waist).. I get asked how i did it and I was sick and bed ridden for about 1.5 weeks
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 04:22 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Well I've managed to supercharge my metabolism over the last 17 months. I'm also in the gym 3 hours a day. (2hr lifting and 5 miles cardio 50 min) At this point I'm eating all day just no carbs except whole wheat and whats in my veggies milk and shakes. I've lost 5 lbs since this pic and this is even more toned then the last thread I posted of my progress this year.

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 09-10-2010 at 06:02 PM.
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Lifer

I hate you guys.. im nowhere near any of yall hahaha.. I just have the time for the fym 3 hours a day with work.. maybe an hour/hour and a half is all i could do.. howd you speed up the metabolism? High protein, no carb diet with lots of cardio?
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Forgot that I have a scanner at the house

Attached is a regular 2800 calorie diet I follow. The measurements don't all have to be exact i.e. .33 tbsp of flaxseed oil, I just try to hit it as close as possible. I also have exchanged the chicken out for egg whites, my body seems to react better with eggs whites, I suppose it thinks they are cleaner, I just make sure I stay in the calorie index i.e. 1.25oz chicken = 1/2 cup egg whites (about 5 egg whites worth). Since I don't have any upcoming competitions, I have one cheat day/week where I'll eat whatever I want, I consider this the reward day

I'm also a person of flavor, I don't like bland food, so I'll season my meals with either salsa (about 1-1.5 servings depending on calories per serving) or braggs liquid aminos or some other seasoning to sprinkle over the food.

With the meals where oatmeal is used (meal 1 and 5 on the menu), as I mentioned before, I don't use chicken, so I make the egg whites, put them in a blender with the oatmeal and add ground cinnamon, stevia powder packet, tsp of raw cocoa powder and a scoop of L-glutamine peptide powder, blend it up with about 1.25 cups of water and it comes out pretty good. I used to not use raw cocoa powder before ( I started after competition), so I used ground cinnamon, french vanilla flavor l-glutamine peptide powder w/ stevia made it taste great as well!

The menu says "grapefruit" on meal 3, I don't eat grapefruit, I just exchange it out for an orange, apple, or banana or some other fruit to stay in that calorie index. When I started this nutrition program, I got a journal/book by Apex that has all the calorie index and exchange ratios in the back for all sorts of foods.

As for the rice, I'll go half rice and half quinoa and/or couscous for different flavor and texture, the serving sizes in calories are pretty much equal to what rice is, so I don't have to worry about if I'm off on calories. I stopped using white rice not too long ago, seems like my body likes whole grain better. The best tasting rice is by Riceland - medium grain brown rice, I promise!

Since I've started experimenting with SLINShot, I decided to exchange meal 1 for 1.5 servings of waxy maize, 1/2 scoop protein powder (60 cal per what it says on my label) and TBS or raw local honey to stay close to the calorie index. This is my post workout shake now. No EFA's for this post workout shake.

I usually make big batches of rice, potatoes, tilapia, and salmon, store it in the fridge until I need to prepare meals for the next day or two.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2800 calorie - pg1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	98798   Click image for larger version

Name:	2800 calorie - pg2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	98799  

Last edited by Fobra; 06-29-2010 at 10:03 PM.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

This is the low calorie menu I followed for 3 days and then switched to the 2800 calorie from above as my high. *Note* I did not use the waxy maize post workout shake combo when preparing for competitions, I stuck to the menus to the "T" to stay as clean as possible (except I didn't use the chicken, I used egg whites as mentioned above). I also did not do the hi/lo diet until a month out from my first competition. After the competition, I got back on this hi/lo diet for a couple weeks, since I progressed so well, we went straight calories of 2500 for 1.5 weeks, still dropped body fat and then went to a low calorie menu (second one of about 1550 cal attached below) for 5 days in a row up the carb up week (started this Thursday to Monday, then carbed up Tuesday all the way up to competition).

The second low menu is the one I followed for 5 days before I carbed up. Make no mistake hitting all the cardio with this low calorie menu to burn off as much fat as possible right before i carbed up was horrible!

It is recommended to do a hi/lo diet no longer than 6 weeks, so prior to this diet routine, the diet started at 3400 (back in January) to help build muscle and slowly burn fat and the closer we got to competition, the lower the calories got and the more cardio I did.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1650 calorie - pg1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	98800   Click image for larger version

Name:	1650 calorie - pg2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	98801   Click image for larger version

Name:	1550 cal pg1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	98802   Click image for larger version

Name:	1550 cal pg2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	98803  

Last edited by Fobra; 06-29-2010 at 10:05 PM.
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Depends on what stage of the game we are talking. If you are talking when I was preparing for competition, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't do cardio. I don't do cardio every day now as I don't have to, in either case, I just followed the menus that were customized for me based on my measurements.

post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson View Post
Wow great job! You seem to looking younger now too.
Thanks! I don't plan on letting myself go anytime soon as it took too much work to get to this point! Besides, this has opened up opportunities with fitness modeling, I never could have seen myself "modeling" for anything several months ago lol. I just did my first fashion show at a BMW dealership a couple weeks ago since they were debuting the new 2011 5 series and got paid $100, easy money!

Last edited by Fobra; 06-29-2010 at 10:06 PM.
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Lifer

damn dude! looks like a part time job haha.. I don't think I will be able to eat all that food.. I eat some similar stuff to what is on there.. When i'm dedicated this is usually what it looks like:
1-3 egg whites with OJ
2-about 15 natural almonds with fruit
3- 1/2 to 1 grilled chicken breast with romaine lettuce
4-almonds again or a fruit smoothie(with syntha 6 if after working out)
5- 1/2 to 1 grilled chicken breast or 1 tilapia fillet with veggies or romaine lettuce

I did this for about a week and started to lean out but it got old eatting the same thing every day.. I tried to mix it up by doing things with the eggs and chicken.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
damn dude! looks like a part time job haha.. I don't think I will be able to eat all that food.. I eat some similar stuff to what is on there.. When i'm dedicated this is usually what it looks like:
1-3 egg whites with OJ
2-about 15 natural almonds with fruit
3- 1/2 to 1 grilled chicken breast with romaine lettuce
4-almonds again or a fruit smoothie(with syntha 6 if after working out)
5- 1/2 to 1 grilled chicken breast or 1 tilapia fillet with veggies or romaine lettuce

I did this for about a week and started to lean out but it got old eating the same thing every day.. I tried to mix it up by doing things with the eggs and chicken.
Making all the food isn't that bad, it just comes down to prioritizing your time. In the last 2-3 months with all the food and cardio I had to do, I had no life, it was eat, sleep, train, work and that was it. I already have a full time job, so I had to bite the dust and hit the gym early in the morning almost every day, except on my days off from work. It also helped that I work in a store that sells home fitness equipment, so I'd hit cardio there during (when there were no customers in the store of course) and sometimes after work lol.

Last edited by Fobra; 06-29-2010 at 10:07 PM.
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Lifer

probably why still have my pudge.. I teach and coach.. during football/basketball season im at school from about 615am till about 6pm for practice and about 1030 on gamedays.. congrats on your commitment, wish i could do the same! keep it up.. Cardio/p90x/modified diet it is for me still
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
probably why still have my pudge.. I teach and coach.. during football/basketball season im at school from about 615am till about 6pm for practice and about 1030 on gamedays.. congrats on your commitment, wish i could do the same! keep it up.. Cardio/p90x/modified diet it is for me still
P90 isn't too bad so as long as you stick with it and follow the diet. I've ran into quite a few customers who have had great success with it.

Train hard and expect success

Sponsored Links
Advertisement