Glucophage??? really?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Glucophage??? really??

Ive been taking the stuff for years and just learned that it is used by bodybuilders to cut. Also it will put you into ketosis in 24hrs of no carb diet. think I'm goin to experiment here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Rookie

Yes, really.

Havent you seen all the slin memetics hit the market now that PH's are phasing out.

Insulin is the strongest hormone in the human body, WAY stronger than test.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Rookie

I've done some research in the area because we just released SLINShot at Purus Labs a couple months ago. Basically really quick it goes like this...

Carbohydrates are converted to glucose when we eat them in order to be used as fuel in the brain, muscles, etc; the stored form of glucose is called glycogen which is stored in the muscles and liver. When we eat carbs our blood sugar naturally rises in response, and our pancreas releases insulin to regulate our blood sugar, driving the glucose into muscle cells or fat cells. Obviously we want the carbs we eat (glucose) to be stored in our muscles as glycogen rather than as fat. The studies we did on SLINshot lowered postprandial (after you eat) blood glucose levels by an average of 21.5% based on our University lab work.

Theoretically, this means more of the glucose is being shuttled into muscle cells,
especially immediately post workout when they are depleted of glycogen (stored glucose). This also prevents post-meal hyperglycemia (blood sugar spikes) which can cause body fat storage and the production of harmful free radicals damaging cells. It also increases the absorption of nutrients such as amino acids, making any other supplements you're taking concurrently (post workout shake, creatine, BCAA's, etc) more effective.

In a nut shell SLINshot increases nutrient absorption (clinically proven), enhances
muscle glycogen storage (hugely important post workout), and can aid in repartitioning by lowering post-meal blood glucose allowing for less body fat storage.

Glucophage is a stronger memetic than SlinShot as it's a prescription drug. The studies we did on Gluco lowered postprandial blood glucose levels by an average of 40% with our test subjects. We were really pleased with an over the counter herb gave half the results as the prescription drug.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
Theoretically, this means more of the glucose is being shuttled into muscle cells,
especially immediately post workout when they are depleted of glycogen (stored glucose).
This is the only claim of slinshot that I have a hard time supporting, and yes I bought slinshot from you at the Coleman and have used it so I'm not knocking it at all. I just don't think there's evidence that can prove that the carbs being consumed post workout are actually finding their way into the muscle cells moreso than into fat cells. I'm not saying it's not happening, but there isn't proof that it is replenishing muscle glycogen versus storing into fat cells.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
I've done some research in the area because we just released SLINShot at Purus Labs a couple months ago. Basically really quick it goes like this...

Carbohydrates are converted to glucose when we eat them in order to be used as fuel in the brain, muscles, etc; the stored form of glucose is called glycogen which is stored in the muscles and liver. When we eat carbs our blood sugar naturally rises in response, and our pancreas releases insulin to regulate our blood sugar, driving the glucose into muscle cells or fat cells. Obviously we want the carbs we eat (glucose) to be stored in our muscles as glycogen rather than as fat. The studies we did on SLINshot lowered postprandial (after you eat) blood glucose levels by an average of 21.5% based on our University lab work.

especially immediately post workout when they are depleted of glycogen (stored glucose). This also prevents post-meal hyperglycemia (blood sugar spikes) which can cause body fat storage and the production of harmful free radicals damaging cells. It also increases the absorption of nutrients such as amino acids, making any other supplements you're taking concurrently (post workout shake, creatine, BCAA's, etc) more effective.

In a nut shell SLINshot increases nutrient absorption (clinically proven), enhances
muscle glycogen storage (hugely important post workout), and can aid in repartitioning by lowering post-meal blood glucose allowing for less body fat storage.

Glucophage is a stronger memetic than SlinShot as it's a prescription drug. The studies we did on Gluco lowered postprandial blood glucose levels by an average of 40% with our test subjects. We were really pleased with an over the counter herb gave half the results as the prescription drug.
Ok so when is the best time to take it? also extended release vs. regular tabs? Please explain because I'm having a hard time losing weight even with taking this stuff. Ive been running in the am on an empty stomach for about a month (4-5xweek) and cutting out fast food, and ive only lost about 3lbs???
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:

also, is it then not beneficial to cut out carbs such as an atkins diet? or just clean them up and maybe add creatine?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKart View Post
This is the only claim of slinshot that I have a hard time supporting, and yes I bought slinshot from you at the Coleman and have used it so I'm not knocking it at all. I just don't think there's evidence that can prove that the carbs being consumed post workout are actually finding their way into the muscle cells moreso than into fat cells. I'm not saying it's not happening, but there isn't proof that it is replenishing muscle glycogen versus storing into fat cells.
I've been using SS for a couple weeks now and have been noticing some nice results. It's been a lot easier staying incredibly lean while at the same time putting on some nice muscle gains. I tried using oatmeal and egg whites as post workout shake to stay in the calorie index for a photo shoot, didn't notice much from that. I exchanged the oatmeal for waxy maize and some raw local honey the following week, a scoop of creatine powder, L-glutamine peptide powder (French Vanilla flavor), 6 BCAA's, and raw cocoa powder [for flavor] and this combo is when I started seeing results

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Ok so when is the best time to take it? also extended release vs. regular tabs? Please explain because I'm having a hard time losing weight even with taking this stuff. Ive been running in the am on an empty stomach for about a month (4-5xweek) and cutting out fast food, and ive only lost about 3lbs???
Take SS immediately post workout with something that has a high glycemic index such as waxy maize.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:

Hints Theoretically, hundreds of thousands more in research would help support more claim. The product logs of muscle fullness, fat loss, strength gains, etc have been awesome. It's a novelty product at the moment that has little research, however many companies will be cloning this ingred. in their supplements soon.

Im sure you've seen it but there is an interesting study on the effects of a single dose (1000mg) of Artemisia Dracunculus L. var. inodora on plasma creatine clearance in the white paper link below.

http://www.modernfitnessforum.com/at...5&d=1269458830

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Lifer

My son is Type 1 Diabetic. We have a ton of Glucopahge and insulin (Novalog) with syringes in the house. I never thought this stuff could be used for anything else.... I'd give anything if his pancreas would start producing its own insulin again..
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
You take it post workout with carbs. I take it with my post workout meal.

Dont take Glucophage on a empty stomach with no food. You should know better than that if you're type II.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
You take it post workout with carbs. I take it with my post workout meal.

Dont take Glucophage on a empty stomach with no food. You should know better than that if you're type II.
i take it after i run with food, maybe i need to get some more syntha 6 and some good creatine, just hate all that loading and maintaining with the creatine.
then hit weights in the evening with the same?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
i take it after i run with food, maybe i need to get some more syntha 6 and some good creatine, just hate all that loading and maintaining with the creatine.
switch to kre-alkalyn - no loading or bloating

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I thought you were trying to lose weight
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
I thought you were trying to lose weight
To me losing weight is losing fat, I should have been more specific. If I add/maintain muscle, will I have a higher resting metabolic rate?
I dont want to be skinny and weak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement