Low Calorie/Carb Meals and Snacks. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
I'm a GIRL.

Low Calorie/Carb Meals and Snacks.

I need ideas on meals for low calorie and carb meals/snacks. I am trying to stick around 1200 a day with being able to eat Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 2 snacks a day.

Previously, I dropped a significant amount of weight eating as follows:

Breakfast: 100 cal. yogurt with 1 packet of oatmeal.
Snack: 90 cal bar or 100 cal pack
Lunch: Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, or Boiled Chicken in hot sauce or sodium free seasoning.
Snack: 90 cal bar, fruit or 100 cal pack
Dinner: Lean Cuisine or Boiled/Baked/Grilled Chicken.

Now, I will be working out 7 days a week for roughly 2 hours. I have been told to keep away from carbs; and Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Etc. have a lot of sodium and aren't as healthy as one would think.

Today's breakfast consisted of 14 grapes and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese which is 122 calories.

I did lose a lot of weight without much workout on what I did before I had My 2nd Kiddo, but I think I could of accomplished a lot more. My Goal is to lose 50-75lbs, but the guy at the gym said I either do not know what I weigh or I carry very well. I gained a significant amount of weight with My 2nd Child and I was given the Depo Shot exactly 4 weeks after his birth which tacked on 35 pounds within a week and a half. I have lost some weight, but nothing I am satisfied with. I do log all of my calories; even if I eat a grape. I want to be proportionate. I don't want to be one of the very thin girls with huge boobs.

Any help would be appreciated besides calling me a Mammoth, because I already know the obvious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7584.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	98597  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 01:54 PM
duh...duh....duh

In short your figure is my type to be honest. A lot like my wife's and I get mad when she gets skinnier.

However, that's my nice thing of the day. If you're going to the gym 7 days a week for 2 hours a pop, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry a ton about what you eat - assuming you're doing cardio often and not wolfing down pizzas 3 times a day.

My '03 Sold.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
WTF is Zed?

What works for me is lean meat, fresh fruit, fresh veggies & nuts. I also have three protein shakes a day with soy milk, coconut milk or almond milk.

I would ditch the yogurt and all other dairy. Def ditch the frozen dinners and snack bars. Ditch the oats, and bread, rice, pasta etc.

Eat things that grow or breathe, it's that simple. Fresh and wholesome.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
I'm a GIRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
In short your figure is my type to be honest. A lot like my wife's and I get mad when she gets skinnier.

However, that's my nice thing of the day. If you're going to the gym 7 days a week for 2 hours a pop, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry a ton about what you eat - assuming you're doing cardio often and not wolfing down pizzas 3 times a day.
I was told not to do a lot of cardio or I would never see the results I am wanting. I see a Personal Trainer today to tell me what I should be doing exactly. I want to see the definition of my hip bones again, but no abs. I want my arms to be a lot thinner and tight, but no muscle definition. Women who have a lot of muscle to them scare me and gross me out. I was told to do simple workouts and the baby weight would go away. My Son is 4 months; It's done going away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post
What works for me is lean meat, fresh fruit, fresh veggies & nuts. I also have three protein shakes a day with soy milk, coconut milk or almond milk.

I would ditch the yogurt and all other dairy. Def ditch the frozen dinners and snack bars. Ditch the oats, and bread, rice, pasta etc.

Eat things that grow or breathe, it's that simple. Fresh and wholesome.
I eat a lot of chicken (Boiled, Baked, Grilled, Pan-"Fried" with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. I like to eat fruit and veggies the most, but I am a calorie counter and I end up eating a lot of calories in them.

I know everyone says to ditch the carbs, but aren't you supposed to have some for energy and such?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
WTF is Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_me View Post
I know everyone says to ditch the carbs, but aren't you supposed to have some for energy and such?
Fruits and veggies are carbs, the best kind. Bread, rice, pasta, potatos are starches, not good carbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement