Been taking Protein...But no results... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Been taking Protein...But no results...

I have been taking Protein for about 5 months now... I have not gained any weight whatsoever..I usually vary from 178-180lbs... i weight 180 after i pig out on a weekend and around 178 on the week days... Why is it do ya'll think i havent steadly gained weight ?
For the first 3 months i was taking Muscle Techs Protein,Then 4th moved to Monster Milk,And am now on Syntha 6...(i like this one the best for the price!)I take exactly what all the supplements containers directions said to take..so dont know what the deal is...and i havent gotten any bigger,Ive pretty much stayed looking the same...Dont know whats up with my body lol what do ya'll think might be going on ?

2002 Mustang Gt - Bolt Ons for now...Boost Later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:43 PM
mannish boy

you're not getting enough calories
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I am a Motherfucker

You can't just drink protein shakes and get results. Drinking shakes is the EASY part. To get anykind of gains you need to GRIND in the GYM at the very least 3 times a week, and at 3 times a week don't expect a whole lot unless you are on ROIDS.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
tex
Lifer

Eat more, lift more, sleep more.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Time Served

you aren't eating enough. 3500-4000 cals per day should do it, a split of 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat tends to yield good results.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Hmm.. makes sense..i eat about 3 times a day...and small meals at that...

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4STANG6 View Post
Hmm.. makes sense..i eat about 3 times a day...and small meals at that...
Think of your body as an engine... it requires fuel because it burns it. you're not gonna gain weight without an excess in calories.

Seriously, try a couple weeks of hitting JITB, Wendys, etc. for the 99c cheese burgers and you'll gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

lol sounds fattening as hell... i dont want to get FAT FAT

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Lifer

How many grams a day are you taking in? you’ve got to keep count. From what I’ve read the rule of thumb is 1gram per lb of LBM to sustain your mass.

You also have to lift heavy in the gym. You need to figure out what your BMR is so you know how many MORE calories you need to take in per day as well….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Some people must just be afraid to eat..... When I was lifting heavy last year to gain weight I was eating everything in sight.

I was taking Cyto gainer shakes as soon as I woke up, 3 shakes during the day around workouts of Muscle Milk, and a Cyto Gainer shake right before bed time. That's 5 shakes a day of around 2,000 calories in shakes alone.

And food was as much as I could eat. Eggs in the morning, scrambled, breakfast burritos, Cheerios and fruit whatever it took. PB and J for lunch, Chicken and rice for dinners, pasta, red meat, etc. Snacks all day of fruit, crackers, protein bars, etc

I lifted 5 days a week, did all this diet and shakes, and still after 8 months I only gained 15lbs. And that was hard to do. And expensive for all the protein, lol. You have to WANT to do it. I went from 180lbs to 195 at 6'1"

Throw some Milk in the shakes instead fo water for more calories and better taste. If you start getting fat, you're not working out hard enough.......

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
You can't bitch about not putting on weight, then say you don't want to eat to grow. Pick one.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
You've already shown your metabolism is tearing thru calories at a high rate. With a good workout routine, you'll start stacking on muscle.

YOU HAVE TO BE IN CALORIC EXCESS TO GAIN MUSCLE. PERIOD.

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Nobody

Quote:
I have been taking Protein for about 5 months now... I have not gained any weight whatsoever..?
You should stop taking it. The Muscletech bottles clearly state that you can gain 8.4 lbs. of muscle in 2 weeks. If you aren't seeing these exact results, something must be wrong. Same with BSN. It's common knowledge that Syntha 6 will have you looking like a mirror image of Ronnie Coleman within five months.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
You should stop taking it. The Muscletech bottles clearly state that you can gain 8.4 lbs. of muscle in 2 weeks. If you aren't seeing these exact results, something must be wrong. Same with BSN. It's common knowledge that Syntha 6 will have you looking like a mirror image of Ronnie Coleman within five months.

HEY HEY HEY! Stop giving up the trade seekritz!

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Lifer

I'm also in this "bulking" phase. I hit the gym 3-4 times a week, drink 5-6 shakes a day and eat as much as I can.

6 ft even and 170 lbs

I did hear "you just simply aren't eating enough" would this also mean just go crazy on cheese burgers, or just anything to gain weight? Or should I still eat relatively healthy?

edit: BSN True Mass is legit

01 GT Vert.... FINALLY!!!! "They Ain't 20's but I keep 'em clean"

Texas State women are *too* down!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
What the fuck is going on?! White people are not supposed to be treated this way!

4gifs.com
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariat View Post
I'm also in this "bulking" phase. I hit the gym 3-4 times a week, drink 5-6 shakes a day and eat as much as I can.

6 ft even and 170 lbs

I did hear "you just simply aren't eating enough" would this also mean just go crazy on cheese burgers, or just anything to gain weight? Or should I still eat relatively healthy?

really? i cut back on all the crap food and i sit around 165-170. but i still eat alot.

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariat View Post

6 ft even and 170 lbs

Depends on how much extra fat you want to put on. Burgers have lots of protein but also a ton of carbs and fats at the same time. Might as well eat as lean as possible, that way you get as much of the benefit with as little of the side effect as possible. But putting on fat is unavoidable when bulking.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Rookie

Less shakes more food!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
Less shakes more food!
Nonsense, protein shakes are like steroids, no work or food needed.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post

Lol muscletech is

To the OP:
As a general rule of thumb, the companies that pay for tons of ads tend to cheapin' their products by using a lot of fillers and make ridiculous claims to sell the ignorant into buying their crap. Muscletech is one of the best examples of this imo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement