Help A Girl Out... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:10 AM
Rach

Help A Girl Out...

Okay, I know all you big strong boys can help me here. I have exactly 51 days to lose 20-25 pounds...is there a even a possibility of that happening? It's kind of like 3 pounds a week. So tell me how I can get this done!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Worship me

Well you could cut your head off, sew your mouth shut, or run continuously....besides that it probably isn't going to happen.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Rach

Well, that is just my ideal weight. If I could just tone up a bunch of muscle that turned to fat over the winter I 'd be good too. I should be able to get into some kind of decent shape in 7 weeks don't ya think?

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rach
Well, that is just my ideal weight. If I could just tone up a bunch of muscle that turned to fat over the winter I 'd be good too. I should be able to get into some kind of decent shape in 7 weeks don't ya think?
51 lbs. is unrealistic, unless you're over 7' tall. =) How tall are you? Your ideal weight might not be the weight you should be.

7 weeks you can see a dramatic improvement, but you really have to work on it to get close to your goal. Losing fat is easy, all you have to do is eat low calorie healthy food, and LOTS of cardio near every day of the week.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal

51 lbs. is unrealistic, unless you're over 7' tall. =) How tall are you? Your ideal weight might not be the weight you should be.

7 weeks you can see a dramatic improvement, but you really have to work on it to get close to your goal. Losing fat is easy, all you have to do is eat low calorie healthy food, and LOTS of cardio near every day of the week.
I agree with Jeremy. That is a lot to loose in 7 weeks. I want to loose 5-7 lbs in about that time. You need to eat well. Low carbs, high protein, and of course water. No matter what, cut the fast food and cokes out. I would say if you're wanting to loose that much weight and so soon you'll need to do cardio 4-5 days a week. I do cardio 6 days a week, for 45 min. Also, muscle burns fat. I suggest lifting weights too, BUT there is no point if you're not doing it right. Get a friend to show you some things, or maybe a personal trainer for one day just to show you some machines or how to do some free weights. I don't like free weights, so I mainly just use the machines. Don't forget your abs either. Even if you don't loose 20-25 lbs in that amount of time, you'll definately see a difference. You really shouldn't judge your bod necesarily on how much you weigh. I'm sure you've heard the phrase muscle weighs more than fat.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:56 AM
Rach

lol, come on boys, hehe, read a little more carefully...51 DAYS to lose 20-25 LBS. hehe. i know its kind of alot, and i know about the low cal and lots of cardio stuff. my friend is a personal trainer and he is going to start working with me next week. im trying out for dallas mavericks dancers, thats why i have to look so good, lol! im 5'8 and i weigh 150, i need to get down to about 130 and just tone up and ill be good.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:07 PM

Quote:
lol, come on boys, hehe, read a little more carefully...51 DAYS to lose 20-25 LBS. hehe. i know its kind of alot, and i know about the low cal and lots of cardio stuff. my friend is a personal trainer and he is going to start working with me next week. im trying out for dallas mavericks dancers, thats why i have to look so good, lol! im 5'8 and i weigh 150, i need to get down to about 130 and just tone up and ill be good.

We read it carefully. It is still a lot to loose. It all depends on how motivated you are and how much you REALLY want to loose this weight. Plus 5'8 and 130 is kind of tiny. It is really hard to loose fat when maybe don't have a lot. I'm not sure how much you have, but when it gets down to loosing the last 5 lbs you want to loose, it's a killer. Skim through some threads in this forum and it will also help you. I'd suggest asking your friend who is a personal trainer a lot of questions, don't hesitate.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:11 PM

Quote:
A case of dyslexia there.

It's feasible, but you'll have to work for it. LOTS of cardio (especially for that job), and just eat right. =)

By the way, Fbodlover is not a boy, so you can listen to some stuff from her. =)
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Rach

I'm on it boys and girls (oops!). Thanks so much! I'll let you know how it's going. LOL, and if I make the team I'll get ya'll some tickets.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Hired Hand

On a super-strict diet with cardio every day, 3 pounds a week is possible. I'd say do cardio atleast an hour a day, preferably all at once, but if you can't manage it do 2 30 min sessions or 3 20 min sessions. Keep your calories low and forget about a cheat day. Good luck!

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 11:11 PM
v2004 rebooted.

I lost 72 lbs but it took a period of about 9 mos to a year. That is a drastic change for the body to undertake, and short of not eating ANYTHING will be extreamly difficult to accomplish. I lost the weight by basiclly eating only 1 meal a day, 2 tuna sandwiches. (hey, it worked) Went from 250 to 178.
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 05:10 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
good luck- like everyone said- that is a lot to lose fast.......and if you have a personal trainer friend, then use him.....just consult him if you already have an expert at your disposal........a better question would be about keeping it off too- since i am almost certain the maverick dancers have to weigh in every week.......(my sister almost tried out and danced for a team in college and her friend is on the squad now).....so getting it off is one thing, but you will have to keep it off too- which isn't easy (i know!, i lost a bunch and it is hard keeping it off).....good luck though! i know the tryouts are tough and there are lots of great dancers and very attractive girls out there!

-------------------------------------------------------
I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.
-Walt Disney

The most depraved type of human being ... (is) the man without a purpose."
-Ayn Rand- Atlas Shrugged
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 09:12 PM

cardio everyday is just stupid...
If you really want to cut all that weight it will probably take a bit longer than you expect. If you CUT your caloric intake (not all at once) and do HARD cardio 30 minutes 3-4 days a week you should end up losing quite a bit though. It would be easier to say if we had a picture or something to help judge by, every person is different though results may vary
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar
cardio everyday is just stupid...
If you really want to cut all that weight it will probably take a bit longer than you expect. If you CUT your caloric intake (not all at once) and do HARD cardio 30 minutes 3-4 days a week you should end up losing quite a bit though. It would be easier to say if we had a picture or something to help judge by, every person is different though results may vary
Cardio everyday isn't stupid. I don't workout 7 days a week, but close....6 days a week. I have noticed a big difference from working out 3-4 days a week to 6 days. I also have increased my cardio from 30 min to 45 and it's not even been 2 weeks and I can see the difference. If I was this girl wanting to loose so much weight in such a short time span, I would workout 6 days a week, cardio 45 min at least, lift weights everyday you're at the gym, and do ab workouts. I agree with what Aaron said, forget about a cheat day with what you're wanting to do.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:07 PM

I agree with the wieght training along with cardio but if you do intense cardio everday for 45 minutes you WILL burn out fast and overtrain yourself. Its that simple, maybe your definition of cardio is something like bike riding but what im talking about is flat out sprinting etc. Things to raise your heart rate and burn alot of calories fast. Just try this: Sprint for 1 minute and Run for 2 minutes do that until it totals 45 minutes then tell me if you can do it everday and wieght train. I know I couldnt and im not in bad shape.
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I agree with the wieght training along with cardio but if you do intense cardio everday for 45 minutes you WILL burn out fast and overtrain yourself. Its that simple, maybe your definition of cardio is something like bike riding but what im talking about is flat out sprinting etc. Things to raise your heart rate and burn alot of calories fast. Just try this: Sprint for 1 minute and Run for 2 minutes do that until it totals 45 minutes then tell me if you can do it everday and wieght train. I know I couldnt and im not in bad shape.
Or she could just do 45 min on a treadmill, bike, or one of the other machines to do cardio on AND still weight train..I do.
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Sir Clavin

WINSTROL
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 09:39 AM

I just know that the simplest solution to lose fat is to burn more calories than you take in. Doing more cardio will help expedite that procedure. Just make sure you have a realistic plan like taking in XXXX calories (good calories that is) and doing plenty of cardio. Cardio is the best way to burn calories, and I'm sure fitness experts will say the same. So no, I don't think 45 min of cardio every day is bad. It just depends on what goals you're trying to achieve, and what strategies you're taking to achieve them (like making sure to replenish nutrients).
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 03:53 PM
Rach

I started last Thurs doing 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the bike...thats about all the cardio I can handle for the moment. I do weights and abs too, plus I heard somewhere that you should burn twice the amount of calories you take in, so that's what Im trying to do to, its hard sometimes, but Im pretty close. I know Im sleeping alot better at night cause I am EXHAUSTED!!! But I feel good!!
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Rach

Quote:
It would be easier to say if we had a picture or something to help judge by, every person is different though results may vary
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I started last Thurs doing 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the bike...thats about all the cardio I can handle for the moment. I do weights and abs too, plus I heard somewhere that you should burn twice the amount of calories you take in, so that's what Im trying to do to, its hard sometimes, but Im pretty close. I know Im sleeping alot better at night cause I am EXHAUSTED!!! But I feel good!!
Just make sure to eat good. That has always been the hardest challenge for me. =)
post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 07:35 PM

Quote:
So let's just say hypothetically, you take in 1500 calories daily. You are going to burn 3000 calories? That's a lot.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 09:14 PM

You look good in the pic, Why are you trying to lose 25 pounds? Judging by the picture I would say that minus 25 pounds would make you very lean.
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:15 AM
Rach

I know its not real healthy but I dont eat too much, especially during the week. I live off of Smoothie King and Souper Salad, so its usually not too hard to get somewhere close to double my calories, but I dont get there totally. Add about 10 pounds to that picture, plus alot of muscle that turned to fat and its easier to see why I need to lose weight and tone up. To be honest, Im fine with the way I look, but the Mavericks wont be, so that's really what this is all about. Hehe...the price of dreams!
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:39 AM

Thumbs up

a Mavericks Cheerleader (hopefully) + a Mustang Lover? omg it is truly a dream.
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:58 AM
Rach

lol, sorry buddy...no mustang lover here! im a chevy girl through and through, but i do appreciate a bad ass car no matter the make.
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:02 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by FbodLover

So let's just say hypothetically, you take in 1500 calories daily. You are going to burn 3000 calories? That's a lot.
To put it into perspective, I am eating 1800 calories a day, doing cardio for 45-60 minutes every day, and am averaging 2-3 pounds a weeks loss. She probably burns 1100-1300 calories/day just at rest (BMR) so add another 300-500 for the cardio she's doing and the food intake should be adjusted from there.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:10 AM

I was just starting to get my hopes up too
Is that camaro yours? I have a 65 mustang.
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:13 AM
Rach

It was my Daddy's, but he went off and sold it!
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:17 AM

lol that sucks! looks like it was a pretty quick car. You know what all he done to it?

Oh and good luck w/ the dieting.
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:26 AM

GM cars suck!
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I know its not real healthy but I dont eat too much, especially during the week. I live off of Smoothie King and Souper Salad
Most likely, you need to be eating more. I don't know how many times a day you are eating, but I would say 6 times would be the best to boost your metabolism so you're burning more calories. Plus in order for you to be gaining the muscle you want you should also be eating a good deal of protein. Either in foods and/or supplements.
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:45 AM

I would say that its almost impossible for her to lose 25 pounds in the allotted time window and gain any muscle at the same time. Let alone lose the 25.
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I would say that its almost impossible for her to lose 25 pounds in the allotted time window and gain any muscle at the same time. Let alone lose the 25.
It's not impossible, but it's going to take a LOT of work. Fat is easy to lose, but doing that while trying to build lean muscle is tricky. Like Fbodlover said, eat protein rich foods with low carbs. And since you (Rach) said you're getting used to Hydroxycut, you may want to try to switch to another brand like Xenadrine or Ripped (or Diet) Fuel.
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:56 AM

You can loose weight and gain muscle at the same time. She's a female so she isn't trying to bulk up, I hope. Muscle burns fat so there is nothing wrong w/ adding muscle and being tone so she can burn more fat. Plus weight doesn't mean anything (maybe to the maverick dancers, I'm not sure), but it's all about how you look. So adding more muscle may make her look slimmer, but may not let her loose 25 lbs because she'll be gaining some weight back from the increased muscles.
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:14 AM
Rach

Basically I just want all my muscle to go back to being muscle, lol. Im not ever going to be skinny and toned...I just have that thicky thicky thick girl shape to me, lol. So Im more concerned with getting my muscle back than losing weight...which ultimately will make me look smaller and more toned. But anyway! I have a smoothie every morning, at lunch, and usually one after I work out too. And I eat carrots all day too...mmm, I luuuuuv carrots!

What were you wondering Tex?
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Basically I just want all my muscle to go back to being muscle, lol. Im not ever going to be skinny and toned...I just have that thicky thicky thick girl shape to me, lol. So Im more concerned with getting my muscle back than losing weight...which ultimately will make me look smaller and more toned. But anyway! I have a smoothie every morning, at lunch, and usually one after I work out too. And I eat carrots all day too...mmm, I luuuuuv carrots!

What were you wondering Tex?
LOL....snacking on carrots now. Not a big fan of them, but I just can't put the damn things down! I guess that's a good thing though, since I'm not eating something bad.
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Rach

LOL, me too!! But I like them
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:19 AM

Quote:
LOL, me too!! But I like them
Plus they are pretty cheap. 2 lb bags are only $3. I'd recommend them as a good snack to anyone. =)
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:44 AM
Rach

Me too.
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 12:07 PM

Eating healthy is too expensive though. Why can't it be the other way around?
post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I have a smoothie every morning, at lunch, and usually one after I work out too. And I eat carrots all day too...mmm, I luuuuuv carrots!

It doesn't sound like you are getting a balanced diet. I'm sure you are getting a lot of fruit and obviously veggetables if you're eating a lot of carrots, but what about the protein? I don't think I can stress enough how important protein is in building muscle. I don't know if you do this, but if you want to keep drinking the smoothies..try putting protein powder in them. Make sure you're eating enough carbs too....energy.
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Hired Hand

Not to mention all the sugar and extra calories in those smoothies. They may be healthier than icecream, but not the way to go when trying to lose bodyfat. I'm guessin' 400 plus calories each, alot of that coming from sugar. One of your biggest dieting enemies being simple sugars. Try fresh fruit in a blender with ice and a protien powder instead. It won't taste as good. but there is a bad reason that those smoothies do taste so good.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Rach

I get them to leave the extra sugar they put in out, and I drink this one thats called a protein power something...so Im assuming its somewhat good for protein.
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 03:58 PM

Your right you can build muscle and burn fat but you CANNOT burn fat without losing muscle too... It doesnt sound like it makes sense but why do you think when people do hard cardio they continue to wieght train? its because they have to do that in order to retain some of the mass and strength they gained.
The fact is that if you drop all the weight training and just diet /w cardio you will not gain muscle.
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I dont see where you need to lose any weight
Looks good to me
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 07:45 PM

agreed
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:50 AM
Rach

THANKS!! But the Mavs are a little bit more harsh!
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:56 AM

Yep. I tried to cheerlead for them too, but they wouldn't take me. Maybe it was the tattoos.
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:59 AM
Rach

LOL, Im kind of worried about that too. I have one on my lower back that doesnt really show, but in the outfits they wear it will show a little...I dont know how they'll like that. Oh well, if they dont then Im trying out for Desperados Dancers in October, and I know some of them have tats you can see! And by the way, they're dancers, NOT cheerleaders!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement