New protein bar - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,292
Lightbulb New protein bar

I just got these new bars called "Nitro-Tech". Here's the info:

http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/N...Strawberry.asp

35g of protein is pretty good. They seem like good bars, and don't taste too bad. Let me know what you think. =)
Lethal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 02:35 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog
 
Frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Awaiting from the Shadows
Posts: 8,333
Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
I just got these new bars called "Nitro-Tech". Here's the info:

http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/N...Strawberry.asp

35g of protein is pretty good. They seem like good bars, and don't taste too bad. Let me know what you think. =)
Don't taste too bad? Jeremy, you drive a F-bod..you have no taste.

I know their powders have 20g of protein a serving and don't taste that bad. 35g of protein is a hooby jooby lot for one sitting out of a bar....maybe I might need to break that up and eat half...I don't want to spend the evening on the potty. Im just not sure I want to stuff that much sat. fat in my mouth especially at once.

Thanks for the rundown, Jeremy.
Frogger is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 04:11 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
35g of protein is a hooby jooby lot for one sitting out of a bar....maybe I might need to break that up and eat half...I don't want to spend the evening on the potty. Im just not sure I want to stuff that much sat. fat in my mouth especially at once.
There are a couple smaller bars out there that might be better suited to your needs Karen. They don;t taste as good do to the lower fat and carb content, but "Pure Protien" comes to mind. I'm sure there are a couple other smaller bars out there too, but given my protien needs I'm only familiar with a couple that have 35g or more. I guess I could eat two of them...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 10:41 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,450
Re: Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata


There are a couple smaller bars out there that might be better suited to your needs Karen. They don;t taste as good do to the lower fat and carb content, but "Pure Protien" comes to mind. I'm sure there are a couple other smaller bars out there too, but given my protien needs I'm only familiar with a couple that have 35g or more. I guess I could eat two of them...
Pure protein is my staple, if you're close to a Vitamin World store, they make a competing product to pure protein that's not bad either, and usually runs 2-3 bucks cheaper per box. I've made my rounds on the bars, pure protein is about the only ones I can eat with any regularity. But a friend of mine is convinced that bars are bad because they don't disclose all of the bad stuff in 'em.....he showed me an article, I need to post that on here for some discussion....
LilCPop is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 10:42 AM
The Alpha Omega Frog
 
Frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Awaiting from the Shadows
Posts: 8,333
Re: Re: Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCPop


Pure protein is my staple, if you're close to a Vitamin World store, they make a competing product to pure protein that's not bad either, and usually runs 2-3 bucks cheaper per box. I've made my rounds on the bars, pure protein is about the only ones I can eat with any regularity. But a friend of mine is convinced that bars are bad because they don't disclose all of the bad stuff in 'em.....he showed me an article, I need to post that on here for some discussion....
Thanks for the advice on the pure protein bars awhile back, Clint. I tired them and can say they are pretty good. I don't have to concentrate to eat them .
Frogger is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 06:28 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,450
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger


Thanks for the advice on the pure protein bars awhile back, Clint. I tired them and can say they are pretty good. I don't have to concentrate to eat them .
What kind(s) have you tried? I've been eating the Chocolate Deluxe here recently, and it's pretty good. I have to say that blueberry is still my favorite however. Funny, I've been eating these things so long now, I'm used to the mock-late that they are made of. I eat REAL chocolate, and I'm like "WHAT IS THIS CRAP?!?!" lol
LilCPop is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 10:43 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog
 
Frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Awaiting from the Shadows
Posts: 8,333
Definetly blueberry and I like strawberry cheesecake. Been hung up on that flavor for awhile now. Pure protein bars are much milder on my system than some of the more protein fortified bars. Im gonna have to give the chocolate deluxe a try though.

You're right...It is funny how you become accustomed to the pseudochocolate. Strange at first...but now...I can't take eating the real stuff.
Frogger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome