New protein bar - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb New protein bar

I just got these new bars called "Nitro-Tech". Here's the info:

http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/N...Strawberry.asp

35g of protein is pretty good. They seem like good bars, and don't taste too bad. Let me know what you think. =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 02:35 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
I just got these new bars called "Nitro-Tech". Here's the info:

http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/N...Strawberry.asp

35g of protein is pretty good. They seem like good bars, and don't taste too bad. Let me know what you think. =)
Don't taste too bad? Jeremy, you drive a F-bod..you have no taste.

I know their powders have 20g of protein a serving and don't taste that bad. 35g of protein is a hooby jooby lot for one sitting out of a bar....maybe I might need to break that up and eat half...I don't want to spend the evening on the potty. Im just not sure I want to stuff that much sat. fat in my mouth especially at once.

Thanks for the rundown, Jeremy.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 04:11 PM
Hired Hand

Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
35g of protein is a hooby jooby lot for one sitting out of a bar....maybe I might need to break that up and eat half...I don't want to spend the evening on the potty. Im just not sure I want to stuff that much sat. fat in my mouth especially at once.
There are a couple smaller bars out there that might be better suited to your needs Karen. They don;t taste as good do to the lower fat and carb content, but "Pure Protien" comes to mind. I'm sure there are a couple other smaller bars out there too, but given my protien needs I'm only familiar with a couple that have 35g or more. I guess I could eat two of them...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 10:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata

There are a couple smaller bars out there that might be better suited to your needs Karen. They don;t taste as good do to the lower fat and carb content, but "Pure Protien" comes to mind. I'm sure there are a couple other smaller bars out there too, but given my protien needs I'm only familiar with a couple that have 35g or more. I guess I could eat two of them...
Pure protein is my staple, if you're close to a Vitamin World store, they make a competing product to pure protein that's not bad either, and usually runs 2-3 bucks cheaper per box. I've made my rounds on the bars, pure protein is about the only ones I can eat with any regularity. But a friend of mine is convinced that bars are bad because they don't disclose all of the bad stuff in 'em.....he showed me an article, I need to post that on here for some discussion....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 10:42 AM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Re: Re: Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCPop

Pure protein is my staple, if you're close to a Vitamin World store, they make a competing product to pure protein that's not bad either, and usually runs 2-3 bucks cheaper per box. I've made my rounds on the bars, pure protein is about the only ones I can eat with any regularity. But a friend of mine is convinced that bars are bad because they don't disclose all of the bad stuff in 'em.....he showed me an article, I need to post that on here for some discussion....
Thanks for the advice on the pure protein bars awhile back, Clint. I tired them and can say they are pretty good. I don't have to concentrate to eat them .
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 06:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New protein bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger

Thanks for the advice on the pure protein bars awhile back, Clint. I tired them and can say they are pretty good. I don't have to concentrate to eat them .
What kind(s) have you tried? I've been eating the Chocolate Deluxe here recently, and it's pretty good. I have to say that blueberry is still my favorite however. Funny, I've been eating these things so long now, I'm used to the mock-late that they are made of. I eat REAL chocolate, and I'm like "WHAT IS THIS CRAP?!?!" lol
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 10:43 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Definetly blueberry and I like strawberry cheesecake. Been hung up on that flavor for awhile now. Pure protein bars are much milder on my system than some of the more protein fortified bars. Im gonna have to give the chocolate deluxe a try though.

You're right...It is funny how you become accustomed to the pseudochocolate. Strange at first...but now...I can't take eating the real stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement