Weighted Vest - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Weighted Vest

Where can I get one locally? Needing one that's 50lbs or that can hold 50lbs of weight.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Lifer

I saw one al Wal Mart Saturday, I dont recall if it was 50 but for some reason I want to say that it was. Not 100% tho.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

I'll have to check, I've looked a few places like Dicks and Academy and only found the ones they have hold 35lbs.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Lifer

I ran with an interceptor vest on, which i think is over 25 pounds
not fun....
it moves around some
and restricts your breathing a bit unless you keep it real loose

props to the guys that can chase hadji in that shit + gear!

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant View Post
I ran with an interceptor vest on, which i think is over 25 pounds
not fun....
it moves around some
and restricts your breathing a bit unless you keep it real loose

props to the guys that can chase hadji in that shit + gear!
I've got a physical test for the fire academy that I have to do in June and event 1 is climbing 5 story stair well twice in under 4 minutes, with a 50lb vest and 2 12lb shoulder weights. Gonna start practicing now.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I've got a physical test for the fire academy that I have to do in June and event 1 is climbing 5 story stair well twice in under 4 minutes, with a 50lb vest and 2 12lb shoulder weights. Gonna start practicing now.
so basically 75lbs up ten flights of stairs in 4 minutes.
man that sucks
240 seconds = 24 seconds a level
certainly not impossible....and i only weigh 155lbs
i ran for about 3 miles with 25lbs pretty easily, but i had plenty of time
like i said the worst part was how damn uncomfortable it is to run in a heavy vest.

i would say the best way to practise is to get all 75lbs into a back pack or some shit that won't break. that or better yet a combination of some weight in a vest, some in a backpack.
example:
30lb vest,20lb backpack, 10lb dumbells
that way all the weight is not so rear /back heavy....

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Hero in a half shell

The stuff at Academy and Wally World is junk, get it from a specialty fitness store, much better quality. I got a 40lb TKO adjustable weighted vest, fits great and no rashes around neck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement