i need help - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

i need help

well i just joined the army and i have a lil over two months to loose twenty pounds before i go to basic training but i would also like to gain some muscle out of it you know. ive done the whole muscle supplement thing before but its been a while and wanna know wat stuff out there is the best now. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Hired Hand

Run Forrest, run!

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

lol o believe me ive been running my ass of but i stay at the same weight and my recruiter is starting to get pissed off about it

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89mcoupe View Post
lol o believe me ive been running my ass of but i stay at the same weight and my recruiter is starting to get pissed off about it
If that's the case no suplement will help, quit eating too much.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89mcoupe View Post

He shouldnt have enlisted you, and MEPS shouldnt have accepted you if you are overweight. If you are overweight when you get to boot camp you will be immidiatley droped from training and put into a remdial physical fitness platoon....Thats how they do it in the Marine Corps anyway.

You need to do more than run. Running will only take you so far, and only if you are really pushing yourself. Your goal should be to run 3 miles in 18 minutes. Run no less than 3 miles at a time and take a stop watch. If you run the same pace everyday you stop burning that many calories and it doesnt do you as much good. Circuit course type workouts are good for building strength, endurance and burning fat. Example: Sprint a quarter mile (and I mean sprint) Do 10 pullups 30 pushups and 30 situps. Do this 6-12 times based on your phsical fitness level.

As far as diet you need to immidiatley cut out: Fast Food, Fried Food, Soda, Sugar etc. Start limiting your carbohydrate intake. Dont get rid of it completley, especially if you are working out hard, but slow down big time on the toritillas, rice, bread etc. even if it is wheat or "healthy." Try and eat a peice of fruit 45 minutes before you eat and eat smaller portions when you do. Dont go back for seconds. Drink plenty of water and stay away from juices, they gnerally have lots of sugar.

Even with doing all that 20 pounds in 2 months is going to be hard as hell and has the potential to be unhealthy for you. Becareful and good luck

"What we need are critical lovers of America - patriots who express their faith in their country by working to improve it." - Hubert H. Humphrey
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
not exclude

Has the recruiter tape tested you? Did you pass?

My last 2 or 3 weigh-ins, I've been over weight. But I pass the tape test. The weight restriction/tape test is a jacked up system. You can find my pictures on here, and I'm far from "over weight". But according to the Army, I'm only allowed to weigh 180...so I have to get taped all the time.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Lifer

Running will help if you stop shoving shit in that hole below your nose...its simple mathematics...calories in must be less than calories burnt. If you have shitty will power now, you wont do well in the Army.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny46 View Post
If you run the same pace everyday you stop burning that many calories and it doesnt do you as much good.
False. Burning fat and building cardiovascular endurance are two totally different things, and it sounds to me like his priority is to get his weight down, not decrease his per mile time. Running/jogging burns calories, period. I personally have lost almost 30lbs in 3 months or so, and didn't vary my cardio pace the entire time. I counted my calories and did my slowburn cardio.

Even now, cutting weight for the body transformation contest, I jog the same route/pace every morning. I am adding a little distance every time as my healing leg allows, but the weight is coming off just fine without having to "push myself."

That having been said, I do think it's a good idea for him to do some interval training to build some endurance as well, but it's not necessary for the sole purpose of burning bodyfat.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Scared s**tless

Are you fat? That's the real question. I'm not saying it to be a dick. Are you overweight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Are you fat? That's the real question. I'm not saying it to be a dick. Are you overweight?
He's not fat, he's big-boned.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 03:02 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
False. Burning fat and building cardiovascular endurance are two totally different things, and it sounds to me like his priority is to get his weight down, not decrease his per mile time. Running/jogging burns calories, period. I personally have lost almost 30lbs in 3 months or so, and didn't vary my cardio pace the entire time. I counted my calories and did my slowburn cardio.

Even now, cutting weight for the body transformation contest, I jog the same route/pace every morning. I am adding a little distance every time as my healing leg allows, but the weight is coming off just fine without having to "push myself."

That having been said, I do think it's a good idea for him to do some interval training to build some endurance as well, but it's not necessary for the sole purpose of burning bodyfat.
How much are you running (distance wise) and what is your slowburn?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
How much are you running (distance wise) and what is your slowburn?
I dunno how far, but I jog for 50 minutes or so, soon to be an hour. The "slow burn" I'm referring to is to get the heart rate up enough to burn calories, but not up into the cardio zone, as that's when you begin to sacrifice muscle as well if you're in a caloric deficit.

My HR is probably in the 120-130bpm range (just a guess), and my breathing is steady, but not strained.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
He's not fat, he's big-boned.
No... If he's fat he's got other things to work on beside gaining muscle obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:33 PM
WTF is Zed?

If you're not losing any weight, you're eating too much. Eat less, exercise more. Problem solved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement