who's actually FINISHED P90x... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

who's actually FINISHED P90x...

I read through several threads on here with people purchasing it, saying it was killer…. But I don’t see any before and after threads.. what’s up? I’m on day 2 and am walking around like a 100 yr old…

Diet is going well. I like how it lays it out for you and gives you options to cook meals or simply fulfill your portions for the day. I choose to just fill my portions. I have to make sure I get X amounts of protein, X amount of Vege’s, fruit, dairy, etc.

So I cook plain stuff then dump it into a bowl in the correct proportions and eat it like that

I hope I get descent results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Hired Hand

It's only been two days, of course the diet's going well...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
It's only been two days, of course the diet's going well...
lol :true:

Quote:
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Time Served

I'm on day 61 or 62, and I'm having some pretty good results. I really didn't have any weight to lose when I started, and I was hoping to bulk up some but that hasn't really happened. I think I gained four or five pounds during the second 30 days, but I lost five pounds during the first 30 days so I'm just now breaking even. I've taken several sets of photos over the last 60 days, and there's a noticeable difference when you look at my back and my arms. The pics that I've taken don't show it since I've got a decent amount of hair on my chest and stomach, but my abs look pretty good too. Despite the visible differences, there hasn't been a lot of change in my measurements. I've maybe gained a quarter inch on my biceps and maybe two inches across my chest.

For the final phase of P90X, I'm going to be doing my own thing on some of the workouts. I absolutely hate yoga and plyometrics. I'm probably going to do the core synergistics instead of yoga, and I'm going to run three or so miles instead of doing plyometrics. I'm still going to do the resistance workouts as they're scheduled. Once I finish P90X, me and a friend of mine are going to hit the gym and do some heavy lifting. I really was hoping to gain some weight on P90X, since I'm somewhere between 6'0" and 6'2" depending on which convenience store I'm leaving and I only weight 150 pounds. I found out a little too late that P90X is more of an endurance/muscle-toning workout than it is a muscle building workout, otherwise I probably would have just started lifting heavy to begin with.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3d View Post
Despite the visible differences, there hasn't been a lot of change in my measurements. I've maybe gained a quarter inch on my biceps and maybe two inches across my chest.
That's sounds like pretty good progress with all things considered. It takes relatively heavy weight resistance and lower reps to induce muscle hypertrophy, the high rep premise of P90X is great for toning and burning bodyfat, but not for growth. Not to mention that we are talking about only 2 months, regardless of the stimulus, it takes time to build lean mass.

I've seen a few of their commercials, and every single testimonial made progress in terms of stamina, strength, and fat loss, nobody mentions getting bigger, and the pics say the same. I think your expectations are a bit skewed, if you wanna grow, head to the gym.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Time Served

Like I said, I didn't realize that P90X was more of an endurance workout when I ordered it. Had I known that, I would have done something else. However, I do enjoy the resistance workouts and I am seeing gains in the amount of weight and reps that I do for pretty much every exercise. I've also lost a good amount of body fat, my abs are starting to show, and I look and feel better than I have in a long long time. I'm in no way disappointed with P90X and I can see how it will really help people who have some weight to lose. One of my cousins and her husband are doing it as well, and both of them have some weight to lose. I think she's lost about 15 pounds and her husband has lost 20 or 25.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Lifer

My wife and I started p90x lean almost 60 days ago, we were sick for a week so that hindered everything! by the middle of week three we had both lost 7 pounds, we stuck to the diet exactly though, we are going to start over with the classic version we were so happy with the results!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Lifer

I disagree and say you can BULK with this program too, here is a friend of mine, that was 10 pounds over weight when he started...

Last edited by zachary; 06-16-2010 at 10:06 AM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
I disagree and say you can BULK with this program too, here is a friend of mine, that was 10 pounds over weight when he started...
You can't disagree with human physiology. Looks like he did a great job of leaning out, and toning what he had, but very little of that is new muscle. Losing fat gives the illusion of getting larger because you can see the definition, and the individual muscles "pop out.".

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Lifer

ok ok! yeah but..science smience!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Scared s**tless

Wanna get bigger? High weight, low rep resistance exercises with a caloric surplus.

Wanna lean out? High-rep, low weight resistance and cardio.

Not rocket science, just perseverance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
ok ok! yeah but..science smience!
It's more like "magic" because it's an illusion. Honestly, the only times I've ever had anyone mention the fact that I am "getting bigger" is when I was dieting and actually to the point of getting weaker (smaller) due to the extended caloric deficit.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
T-MINUS

I did all 90 days of the physical part, but made up my own diet.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Time Served

I have three weeks to go and just quit. I leaned out and like several of the workouts. I would have finished it and almost want to, but i had a bet with the ex...now that im single i have more desire to put back on some size.

I plan on being in the gym M,W,F lifting w/cardio. T,Th,S will be a rotation of plyo, core syn, kenpo, and occasionally the yoga.

03 Dodge 2500 CTD
92 GT/ Cobra clone
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3d View Post
I'm on day 61 or 62, and I'm having some pretty good results. I really didn't have any weight to lose when I started, and I was hoping to bulk up some but that hasn't really happened. I think I gained four or five pounds during the second 30 days, but I lost five pounds during the first 30 days so I'm just now breaking even. I've taken several sets of photos over the last 60 days, and there's a noticeable difference when you look at my back and my arms. The pics that I've taken don't show it since I've got a decent amount of hair on my chest and stomach, but my abs look pretty good too. Despite the visible differences, there hasn't been a lot of change in my measurements. I've maybe gained a quarter inch on my biceps and maybe two inches across my chest.

For the final phase of P90X, I'm going to be doing my own thing on some of the workouts. I absolutely hate yoga and plyometrics. I'm probably going to do the core synergistics instead of yoga, and I'm going to run three or so miles instead of doing plyometrics. I'm still going to do the resistance workouts as they're scheduled. Once I finish P90X, me and a friend of mine are going to hit the gym and do some heavy lifting. I really was hoping to gain some weight on P90X, since I'm somewhere between 6'0" and 6'2" depending on which convenience store I'm leaving and I only weight 150 pounds. I found out a little too late that P90X is more of an endurance/muscle-toning workout than it is a muscle building workout, otherwise I probably would have just started lifting heavy to begin with.
Less reps...more weight if you want to bulk. That was too easy to answer. Add another 500 calories to your diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Lifer

I actually just got a copy from a friend, and did the Ab Blaster...that shit is tough. The funny part is my abs are a little bit sore, but my upper legs around my groin are really sore. What kinda of diet should I switch too? Also do I really need to do all of the exercises or can I just do the ab, and chest/back workout and still get good results?

Wanna see my care face?
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:13 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeski View Post
I actually just got a copy from a friend, and did the Ab Blaster...that shit is tough. The funny part is my abs are a little bit sore, but my upper legs around my groin are really sore. What kinda of diet should I switch too? Also do I really need to do all of the exercises or can I just do the ab, and chest/back workout and still get good results?
You'd probably still see decent results, but it's not going to be on par with doing the full program. Also, only doing those few workouts is going to get boring after a while, imo. You don't want to ignore your major leg muscles as stimulating them is great for testosterone release and will help to show results in other parts of your body.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
What the hell is 10 lbs overweight?
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
What the hell is 10 lbs overweight?
At 210lbs I'm considered about 30lbs "overweight," yet I'm healthier then 99% of the american population, BMI is a bunch of hogwash.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

I did it to give me a better base of what the people I train are doing. I think it is a very effective program. The videos get stale, but the good part is that you memorize the routines so you don't necessarily have to have them. I didn't have any weight to lose but it was great for endurance. I would recommend it.

By the way the diet was just a marketing extra. I have heard Tony say that he doesn't watch his calories, etc. He just eats smart with common sense.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I am a Motherfucker

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Lifer

Any torrent links to the dvd's?
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
Any torrent links to the dvd's?
bring me some discs and some beer and ill save you the trouble. Corona light 12 pack sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
bring me some discs and some beer and ill save you the trouble. Corona light 12 pack sucka.
check your texts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement