I want to brag for a second - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I want to brag for a second

I started changing my ways Dec 1st and I've had amazing results. started @ 210 on Dec 1 and today I'm 165. I have not taken any supplements or done any crazy starvation diet. The only thing that sucks is now I have to go buy a bunch of new cloths because everything hangs off my now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:54 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Congrats! So how do you feel? How did you do it?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Rookie

Damn, you need to put on some weight!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Bitter Italian

Nice job Kc!

I think you and I are about the same size, I went from 213 to 160 as well.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Lifer

edit: GOOD JOB

I weighed myself Monday morning and I was at 212 lbs. Right then I decided I was going on a diet. I found an app on the iphone ( LOSE IT! )that tells me I should eat about 1847 calories a day and based on my goal of 185lbs loosing 2 lbs a week i should reach my goal by june 6th. since I have been tracking my intake I now know why i was gaining so much weight.. my normal lunch and dinners were anywhere from 800 to 1200 calories and thats in addition to my snacking and sodas!
So I cut out sodas (an occasional diet DP) and have been taking in about 1600-1700 calories a day.
I don't exercise much by I do play Softball once a week. That is something i need to work on because I know I should exercise more
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Lifer

WOW! Congratulations!!!!!

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
African Booty Scratcher

15lbs a month! dang! i bet you can really tell a difference bro.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Big Rooster Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
edit: GOOD JOB

I weighed myself Monday morning and I was at 212 lbs. Right then I decided I was going on a diet. I found an app on the iphone ( LOSE IT! )that tells me I should eat about 1847 calories a day and based on my goal of 185lbs loosing 2 lbs a week i should reach my goal by june 6th. since I have been tracking my intake I now know why i was gaining so much weight.. my normal lunch and dinners were anywhere from 800 to 1200 calories and thats in addition to my snacking and sodas!
So I cut out sodas (an occasional diet DP) and have been taking in about 1600-1700 calories a day.
I don't exercise much by I do play Softball once a week. That is something i need to work on because I know I should exercise more
wonder if they have an app called GAIN IT

BIG ROOSTER RACING , we aint cluckin around !
RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN ...... AND WIRING GURU
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 PM
CHAMPION

before and after pics? That does seem pretty light to me... Im 215lbs... Id be all skin and bones if I ever weighed 165 again!

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

1st I cut out The Dr Pepper & fast food. I guess you can say I was calorie counting because that was what I used to help keep myself from just throwing down a big mac and fry’s. I also have been eating a ton of negative calorie foods, there are a ton of foods on this list that I love and nothing better than A snack that burns more than you put in. LoL I started a circuit training class 4 days a week that I really feel has been A large part of my weight loss. So between eating right and exercise I’ve lost weight. Imagine that. LoL
My heath was the biggest thing to make me change. I had a bunch of blood work done last year and after I got the result I was in shock how high everything was my cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure was all out of control. I Knew if I got on Med for All of That stuff I’d be on it for the rest of my life, the simple answer was to just quite being A lazy fuck and lose some weight. It has been tough at Times but Rhonda has been on board with me and she is down about 28 right now herself.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
whats a negative calorie? examples?
I believe he's referring to very low calorie fruits and veggies (like celery for example that has almost no value) and burn more calories eating it than consuming it.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

http://www.weightlossforall.com/nega...foods-list.htm

I use those foods as a filler or snack. I have been really trying to stop eating after dinner all together but if I do I try to have a apple or something on that list. It seems to be working well for me.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 06:49 AM
yes, jluv

Congrats, KC! That's a lot of weight to lose so quickly. Great job!
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 AM
duh...duh....duh

Did you still splurge once a week, once a month or something?

When I was skinny, that's the only thing that kept me sane. Of course at that point a slice of pizza was heaven and enough. Now, it's like a whole pizza.

Anyway, just curious.

Did you cut down on normal food sizings too? (not just cutting out fast food)

My '03 Sold.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Congrats.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Lifer

Dang! Congratulations to Rhonda as well. That is AWESOME!!!

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
is chilaxing

congrats KC...that's a lot of weight you dropped
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Scared s**tless

Awesome KC! It always amazes me how it's so easy to some people to lose weight if they just take in less calories than they use, and correctly time when they take them. I'm not saying losing weight is easy... The convenience of junk food and only eating 2-3 times a day is very common and poses a tough habit to break. Here's a real story for you...

A girl I work with asked me why she couldn't lose weight no matter how hard she tried. She said she had been dieting for 4 weeks, power walked 3 times a week for 30 minutes and still had lost a grand total of TWO pounds. She's a big girl... Big like 'could lose 100lbs and could lose more' big. I asked her to track what she ate all day for a week, how much of it... Down to the ounce of water.

We went over her list, and even though she had the right concept... 6 meals spaced out... Her timing and calorie count were horrible.

"you ate 200 calories worth of wheat crackers for a snack"
her - 'but they're whole wheat, they're healthy and unsalted'
"it's 200 calories."
her - "I only had 12!"
"it's still 200 calories.'

she had no idea.

I got her to do her walking in the morning four times a week before breakfast, Drink a gallon of water a day and not eat anything after 7pm. Voilà, 13lbs in 5 weeks.

Now you get to have fun backpedalling a bit when you have to find the maintenance point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I still splurge and have foods I want, I a had Wendy's chicken samitch for dinner the other night. I Just know I have to control the urge to have a double meat with extra huge fry's and A large DP. I can say I'm shocked how fast the pounds have come off but I have been working REALLY hard in the gym. I'm to the point where I want to start adding some weights to my routine but don't know my way Around a weight room to save my life.... I guess I'll be calling in a few favors in the near future. Thanks everyone for the kind words, I really wish I had taken some before pics and measurments. Maybe I should do that before I hit the weights.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Awesome KC! It always amazes me how it's so easy to some people to lose weight if they just take in less calories than they use, and correctly time when they take them. I'm not saying losing weight is easy... The convenience of junk food and only eating 2-3 times a day is very common and poses a tough habit to break. Here's a real story for you...

A girl I work with asked me why she couldn't lose weight no matter how hard she tried. She said she had been dieting for 4 weeks, power walked 3 times a week for 30 minutes and still had lost a grand total of TWO pounds. She's a big girl... Big like 'could lose 100lbs and could lose more' big. I asked her to track what she ate all day for a week, how much of it... Down to the ounce of water.

We went over her list, and even though she had the right concept... 6 meals spaced out... Her timing and calorie count were horrible.

"you ate 200 calories worth of wheat crackers for a snack"
her - 'but they're whole wheat, they're healthy and unsalted'
"it's 200 calories."
her - "I only had 12!"
"it's still 200 calories.'

she had no idea.

I got her to do her walking in the morning four times a week before breakfast, Drink a gallon of water a day and not eat anything after 7pm. Voilà, 13lbs in 5 weeks.

Now you get to have fun backpedalling a bit when you have to find the maintenance point!

So true Don... I track everything these days. Rhonda say I am a nut but it is easy to see where your going wrong when your looking @ it on paper... Hell I lost weight though the holidays & I had SMALL portions of what I would have gagged myself on normally... There are allot of factors that have help me, I just seemed to find a system that works for me.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2layframe View Post
So true Don... I track everything these days. Rhonda say I am a nut but it is easy to see where your going wrong when your looking @ it on paper... Hell I lost weight though the holidays & I had SMALL portions of what I would have gagged myself on normally... There are allot of factors that have help me, I just seemed to find a system that works for me.
There's no point to tracking all your calories if you aren't tracking ALL of your calories. It's not about being a nut, it's about being thorough. Hidden calories put a stop to weight loss all the time, the body doesn't care that it's "just a little ketchup" or "only a little extra salad dressing." It's simple math, but oyu have to have all of the equation to get the right answer.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement