2010 Contest Progress Updates - Week 4 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Very Interesting

2010 Contest Progress Updates - Week 4

We've been official for Three weeks as of today.

How's everyone at week 3?

Personally, I'm down 8 pounds, and still haven't hit the gym yet.

I'm making it my goal this week to find a way to start going, because I know that once I do, I'll keep going regularly

Start weight - 290.5
Today weight - 282.5

Hopefully kicking up the cardio will help really bring those pounds off!

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
WTF is Zed?

I'm officially down 3 lbs... started at 163 and weighed 160 this morning.

I'm not too worried about the scale, I've already lost 1" off my waist. And more importantly I'm slowing gaining some strength in the gym.

And today will mark the 19th day in a row that I've worked out! Haven't missed a single day. I lift 4 days a week, cardio and/or a group class the other three days.

I'm feeling great! And love seeing my gut shrink
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Hired Hand

This marks only a week for me due to various factors (as far a diet and cardio), but I'm able to jog for 30 minutes at a time now with minimal pain, and have done so every day this week. I also do another 30 minutes on the elliptcal after weight training probably 4-5 times a week.

I'm down 7lbs which is a bummer, I'm hoping to hit legs heavy this week and earn some back, but my jeans are falling off, and my abs are threatening to come out to play. I can't realistically expect to stay at 220lbs throughout this thing, but I'll be damned if I drop below 200.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
This marks only a week for me due to various factors (as far a diet and cardio), but I'm able to jog for 30 minutes at a time now with minimal pain, and have done so every day this week. I also do another 30 minutes on the elliptcal after weight training probably 4-5 times a week.

I'm down 7lbs which is a bummer, I'm hoping to hit legs heavy this week and earn some back, but my jeans are falling off, and my abs are threatening to come out to play. I can't realistically expect to stay at 220lbs throughout this thing, but I'll be damned if I drop below 200.
That's pretty awesome that you can move around like that now.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
That's pretty awesome that you can move around like that now.
Thanks man. It's kinda ironic that my good leg is the one that's burning during my jogs, I guess because it's working harder at making it easy on the other leg.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
You never go full retard

Right now I'm down a total of 12 pounds over the last 3 weeks and I can honestly say I've never felt better. I actually wasn't able to get into the gym in my office this past week due to my co-worker needing my access card to get in and out of the garage since he lost his and is having his replaced. I still kept up my running at home and surprisingly I've maintained my weight which I thought I wouldn't do. I should be down 15lbs by the end of the week and I'm really looking forward to that. Oh and I haven't even touched a fatburner yet. I'm bout to drop the kids off at the pool and go for a nice 2-3 mile run.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 10:36 PM
T-MINUS

I'm down about 5lbs. Schedule has been hit or miss.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Down 5 in the first week... level since then. LOL. Slowly shedding my winter weight. (It happens every year, yet I do nothing to stop it).

Good weather is coming around again and time changes in a couple weeks, which means its cycling season

I'll be riding the Trek 100 in Wisconsin this June (three days before this shin-dig ends). Between now and then I'll probably get in 2000 miles on the bike.
Also doing the Muenster 100k and some other stuff.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:08 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
Down 5 in the first week... level since then. LOL. Slowly shedding my winter weight. (It happens every year, yet I do nothing to stop it).

Good weather is coming around again and time changes in a couple weeks, which means its cycling season

I'll be riding the Trek 100 in Wisconsin this June (three days before this shin-dig ends). Between now and then I'll probably get in 2000 miles on the bike.
Also doing the Muenster 100k and some other stuff.
I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish I hadn't sold my 5200 a few years back. I've missed having a bike soooo bad, unfortunately I just don't have the budget for a bike right now.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
lol, this place sucks now

I'm a fat slob. Sigh.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Lifer

I am down to 135! I've met my first weight loss goal and it feels so good! I am hoping to lose another 10-15 pounds before this thing is over... I am noticing a slight change in how my clothes fit and a definite change in how I look. I'm finally starting to LIKE my body again. It has been a LONG time since I've been able to say that. YEAH!

I am still taking the Adipex so I haven't touched caffeine in nearly a month. Now... if I could just do that w/ WINE! lol I have had about 2 root beers & when I drank the carbonation I could definitely notice a bloated feeling in my tummy... just milk or water for me now... maybe orange juice now & then.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Lifer

Congrats everyone for making progression.
Keep up the good work and don't give up.
Results do not come easy, otherwise everyone would be Superman/Wonder Woman.
Progression is just a stepping stool to perfection!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx View Post
just milk or water for me now
Malk is where it's at!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Lifer

i am at 11-12 pounds lost and have stayed right there for about a week, but i am upping the cardio and eating better so i am hoping to knock off 5 this week. i havent been drinking, except for one weekend i went to new orleans. i feel a lot better and it is a lot easier to wake up in the morning.

i did 45 minutes on the eleptical today and i am going to try to do that every day this week.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement