Suggestions to maximize my diet/workout? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Suggestions to maximize my diet/workout?

Ok, I'm 28 yrs old, 6'4", 260lbs.... 22% body fat. Just started a fitness bootcamp last week (Monday). 1 hr a day Monday - Thursday. So far, week 1 I can hardly do half the shit all the way through. He pushes us hard. Been sore as fuck all week. As far as diet, Im doing Carb + Protien for breakfast & lunch, and protien and vegs for dinner. 2 snacks in between, meals and snacks spaced 3 hours apart. Typical day: breakfast, 2 scrambled eggs, 4pcs turkey bacon, banana, daily vitamin. snack 1: oatmeal, peice of fruit. lunch: grilled chicken breast, rice, vegs. snack 2, power bar, peice of fruit. workout, dinner - chicken, lean ground beef, pork chops, or salmon/talapia and vegs with a protien shake. I stick to that Monday - Saturday, and kinda slack on Sunday, but try to control portions. I work out on my own on saturdays, doing a little bit of weights, and then cardio. Ran on the elliptical today for 30 mins, lifed weights before and after.

Looking for suggestions on how to make the most of this... I have 4 weeks left, and plan to go another 5 after that. I'd like to lean up, and develop some definition. Not trying to compete or anything... just want to look/feel better.

Daniel's RV-7:

Empenage - Done
Wings - 98.5% Done
Fuselage - Bulkheads...

http://www.danielhv.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 AM
Hired Hand

Sounds like a pretty solid diet, though don't forget to keep an eye on your over all caloric intake. Even healthy food can derail fat loss if you eat too much.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
Sounds like a pretty solid diet, though don't forget to keep an eye on your over all caloric intake. Even healthy food can derail fat loss if you eat too much.
Yea I need to learn to do that too... so like, items that come in a box typically have the nutritional information on it.... what about things that dont? I've looked stuff up on the net before, but is there a site that trumps all? I need to find one for the iphone too. =)

Daniel's RV-7:

Empenage - Done
Wings - 98.5% Done
Fuselage - Bulkheads...

http://www.danielhv.com

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhv View Post
Yea I need to learn to do that too... so like, items that come in a box typically have the nutritional information on it.... what about things that dont? I've looked stuff up on the net before, but is there a site that trumps all? I need to find one for the iphone too. =)
When I've gotten specific like that I used the web as well, but I don't recall coming to a site that was better than the rest. Just pick one with a wide range of macronutrient values (lots of foods), and if you come a cross something not listed, which isn't likely, then google it. If you really want to get into it get a digital scale, that way you know exactly what your intake is, plus or minus a few calories.

It probably wouldn't hurt to increase your cardio as well. This will help bring your stamina up for boot camp, and you'll already be in the habit for when you need to doo more after boot camp. If boot camp really is kickin' your but like that, and you enjoy it, why stop? Keep it up until you can kiclk ass in there, and then you can move on to weight training.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:24 PM

this will help track your #'s - since you are on a pretty consistent diet, you should know where you want to be after your first week...

http://www.thedailyplate.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement